Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

It has to be said I didn't think the CCL would go down that route, so they must have met some real hostility from some of the clubs to a midweek journey.

So why did the League go back on a promise that in extreme circumstances teams would have to travel mid-week? is the situation not extreme enough? We have all known since post no.1 of this topic that whilst far from idead that probably was the only realistic option. Playing three games in three days on four occasions and also four games in five days, coupled wth the travelling is totally unfair. I am sure there are plenty of people having a good old chuckle at this though.

Despite being from Guernsey I think that the fixture list is fair enough. The games have to be played by a certain date and the main issue has been the problems of our own pitch - which should have been sorted out when the very first games were cancelled not left for 3 months. As for coming over midweek can you really blame the other teams? Despite what people say / think they're not semi-pro's - we are talking step 5 here. Yes it would have been nice if they had agreed to but they are not obliged to. And I for one see no point in paying a weakened team forced to come over on a Thursday night and spanking them 10 nil.

Perhaps some of our cancelled home games should have been switched to the away ground earlier in the season? Its a lack of foresight that has casued the issues, not the CCL.

. Yes it would have been nice if they had agreed to but they are not obliged to.

That is the not case, please see my earlier point on this.

OK, I got the wording wrong, has the same meaning though. You could argue that playing twenty games over twenty days is an alternative....

And why has the League changed its mind?

Edited by HKP

Ok fair enough but lets just get on with it - Imagine how much sweeter promotion will taste if we still get it despite all these obstacles.

Having said that I dont really mind if we end up having another year at this level. The league this year has been a bit of a write off anyway, so I would be happy to still be here next season

Personally speaking i don't have a problem with Guernsey and i am looking forward to seeing them when they come to Windsor on Easter Monday..but having seen 3g and 4g pitches mentioned wouldn't it have made sense to get a good playing surface in place be it grass or artificial before Guernsey applied to join a league on the mainland..just saying.

I still can't see us failing to achieve promotion. Even with so many games there is a very big squad of players with even more available to call upon from the Priaulx league who shouldn't look out of place in this league. Rotation will cause problems but I doubt we will end up losing more than we win.

Not sure if its possible to work out but realistically how games would we need to win from our remaining fixtures in order to be promoted?

Is there a registration deadline and / or are these Priaulx League players already registered?

Wot are you going on about Warren502 ? This Season has been Magic Egham top of league most of Season Still in league cup Beat Guernsey 3-1 (played them off the park) by the way . It,s not all about Guernsey and you Wonder Why your not liked by some . Face it it,s not going to get any better When you go up to the next step. Good Luck to you in the Vase :lol: :D

Wot are you going on about Warren502 ? This Season has been Magic Egham top of league most of Season Still in league cup Beat Guernsey 3-1 (played them off the park) by the way . It,s not all about Guernsey and you Wonder Why your not liked by some . Face it it,s not going to get any better When you go up to the next step. Good Luck to you in the Vase :lol: :D

Egg and Ham,not like you to give it Large,Guernsey Who?.Think the turning point for Eghams season,started in a little 2* Hotel in Guernsey.Where you were not treated like Champions Elect.

Just started raining :o

Had a chat with a CCL club chairman last night who said vehemently they wont be travelling to GFC for a Sunday fixture.

Watch this space! :ph34r:

Just started raining :o

Had a chat with a CCL club chairman last night who said vehemently they wont be travelling to GFC for a Sunday fixture.

Watch this space! :ph34r:

Well that is easily solved, we seem to have some mdweek dates available, have we not?

To save everyone else from doing what I have just done, its one of Camberley, RPV, Chessington & Hook, Sandhurst or Epsom & Ewell.

Chris, so who runs the League? Time for the CCL to grow some testicles.

Edited by HKP

Well that is easily solved, we seem to have some mdweek dates available, have we not?

To save everyone else from doing what I have just done, its one of Camberley, RPV, Chessington & Hook, Sandhurst or Epsom & Ewell.

Chris, so who runs the League? Time for the CCL to grow some testicles.

And it isnt us. What game was Chris at last night ?

Egg and Ham,not like you to give it Large,Guernsey Who?.Think the turning point for Eghams season,started in a little 2* Hotel in Guernsey.Where you were not treated like Champions Elect.