Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

Then they must have special representation into the League hierachy.

As I understand it, DFC are still 'Go' for Sunday until notified otherwise.

Then they must have special representation into the League hierachy.

As I understand it, DFC are still 'Go' for Sunday until notified otherwise.

Their Vase game - if it went to penalties - could finish around 11pm then 12 hours later they would need to report for an important League game? Can't see it myself but you never know - stranger things have happened.

Their Vase game - if it went to penalties - could finish around 11pm then 12 hours later they would need to report for an important League game? Can't see it myself but you never know - stranger things have happened.

They can use there 40 other players

Redditch had to do something similar many years ago IIRC....

I think the season has now been formally/officially extended by the FA.

Also, I understand that GFC won't be facing Dorking on the Sunday....that would have been ridiculous!! Assume you've been told this Big JR as it has been made public.

Edited by Chubby Brown

I think the season has now been formally/officially extended by the FA.

Also, I understand that GFC won't be facing Dorking on the Sunday....that would have been ridiculous!! Assume you've been told this Big JR as it has been made public.

Sunday 5th May now apparently.

To be honest, i don't think we can be that far away from fixtures being played on consecutive days. I remember about 10 years ago in the Ryman, Canvey had a massive backlog when they were battling Farnborough for the title and ended up playing 10 games in 15 days. Also Leek in the Conference had to play 6 games in 8 days a few years back, at the end of the season.

990 posts into this thread,the problem gets worse by the day.So there is no solution,when Guernsey overcome Walsall Wood,that will mean a further 2 Weekends lost.You were warned though,so no moaning when you have to fly to Guernsey midweek,you were warned in advance.

They can use there 40 other players

What 40 other players?

I think we all know the answer, known it since this topic was started on 25th November. Sadly, for visiting teams to Guernsey it is the only option.

I think we all know the answer, known it since this topic was started on 25th November. Sadly, for visiting teams to Guernsey it is the only option.

I'm not sure we do know the answer HKP. Despite the opportunity to do so, there haven't been any home "midweek" fixtures scheduled for GFC. Fridays & Sundays yes - both these options giving away Clubs the chance to stay Saturdays if they wish. There is an increasing likelihood that GFC might not complete their League fixtures - which would be a shame if the miss out on promotion as a result :(

Absolutely HKP. The solution was placed earlier on in the thread. Midweek trips are inevitable.

They will easily get their fixtures in, as trs says a few seasons back there were plenty played on consecutive days, but they will be frequent and Guernsey will need to use many of their squad players regularly. End of discussion!

According to the League bulletin we are due to visit on Friday 3rd May with Dorking visiting on Sunday 5th May. As I understand it from our people, these games should be the other way around as we have committed nearly £700 in deposits to our end of season presentation evening with guest speaker Matt Elliott which is booked for the 3rd May.

I presume these will shortly be switched, making Guernsey v Epsom the final match of the season, unless of course Guernsey are at Wembley for the Vase Final on May 4th. I hope there's still something riding on it for us by the time it's played.

Edited by E&E Fred

I believe the answer is mid-week games in Guernsey. This should have been started a while back. Games still to be rearranged but no dates in calendar as far as I can see.

Edited by HKP

Absolutely HKP. The solution was placed earlier on in the thread. Midweek trips are inevitable.

They will easily get their fixtures in, as trs says a few seasons back there were plenty played on consecutive days, but they will be frequent and Guernsey will need to use many of their squad players regularly. End of discussion!

According to the League bulletin we are due to visit on Friday 3rd May with Dorking visiting on Sunday 5th May. As I understand it from our people, these games should be the other way around as we have committed nearly £700 in deposits to our end of season presentation evening with guest speaker Matt Elliott which is booked for the 3rd May.

I presume these will shortly be switched, making Guernsey v Epsom the final match of the season, unless of course Guernsey are at Wembley for the Vase Final on May 4th. I hope there's still something riding on it for us by the time it's played.

Almost as bold a statement as your website prediction that at least 3 teams would be promoted this season Fred

"In addition to the Champions there will almost certainly be two more coming up from our League next year as will be the case across other Step Five Leagues. With three promotion places available instead of the usual one, this year might see a few clubs spending a bit extra just to compete with the expected favourites"

Lets hope you're right this time ;)

Sunday 5th May now apparently.

To be honest, i don't think we can be that far away from fixtures being played on consecutive days. I remember about 10 years ago in the Ryman, Canvey had a massive backlog when they were battling Farnborough for the title and ended up playing 10 games in 15 days. Also Leek in the Conference had to play 6 games in 8 days a few years back, at the end of the season.

Quite correct, young man.

I was informed by e-mail yesterday afternoon, but didn't open it until this morning.

orccwccswmw0l44feb1m_normal.gifAbout 16 hours ago Fixture announcement: our trip to the Channel Islands on Sun 10 March 2013 has been postponed. We now face Guernsey on Sun 5 May 2013.

I'm wondering now weather the league hope guernsey slip up in the league and let Egham romp it would make sense then they can canx some games and as said 20 pages ago will not make the mistake in more games being played at the start of season next season.

Almost as bold a statement as your website prediction that at least 3 teams would be promoted this season Fred

"In addition to the Champions there will almost certainly be two more coming up from our League next year as will be the case across other Step Five Leagues. With three promotion places available instead of the usual one, this year might see a few clubs spending a bit extra just to compete with the expected favourites"

Lets hope you're right this time ;)

Point taken :)

In my defence, that quote was a while back and I wasn't expecting leagues to hold back on the relegations which would have given us an extra four spots. This would have given us two from six of the seven leagues, and maybe a third somewhere if a couple of leagues didn't provide two eligible teams. How naive of me to think that the higher leagues wouldn't look after their own!!

CCL Matches

March

12 Tue 19:45 League Away Bedfont Sports

17 Sun 13:30 League Home South Park

19 Tue 19:45 League Away Epsom & Ewell

22 Fri 19:45 League Home Sandhurst Town

24 Sun 13:30 League Home Farnham Town

26 Tue 19:45 League Away Raynes Park Vale

30 Sat 15:00 League Home Hartley Wintney

April

01 Mon 13:00 League Away Windsor

05 Fri 19:45 League Away South Park