Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

You know what Chris, I don't actually know! There always seems to be football on the tv there but I really couldn't confirm for certain.

The White Hart down the road is a quiet pub so I'd be surprised. However, the beer is cheaper at Chipstead.

I'm always expecting the game at Chipstead to go ahead, but I must confess I didn't realise it was off Saturday. I'd better revise my earlier comments :)

There is not much rain forecast in the next 24 hours so I'm sure it will go ahead , in fact, if there was no game on Saturday that will have been a bonus.

Thanks. Want to watch Sheffield United v Brentford at 12.45 on SKY!

Yes an agreement has been made as advised on our website, and I'm a little surprised that it hasn't been advised on the GFC one.

All of Guernsey will finally get to see the High Road pitch. A pitch with just one waterlogged postponement all season. It's a thing of beauty :)

Its Chipstead's Pitch!

A quote in there stated "But no-one on the tiny island, which is part of the British crown and is located 75 miles off the south cost and 30 miles west of France, is complaining."

I did have to laugh at that one. Clearly no one at the Daily Mail has read this forum thread :)

not sure where they get 30,000 fans going to Wembley either! Would love to see Travel Solutions sort travel arrangements out for that many.

not sure where they get 30,000 fans going to Wembley either! Would love to see Travel Solutions sort travel arrangements out for that many.

You would be surprised how many fans crawl out of the woodwork when a Wembley Cup Final appearance is around, look at any professional club that suddenly gets swamped with ticket applications when they reach Wembley (even for play-off fixtures)

No, I was commentating on their article, do I really need to put the word IF everytime I mention this match, Jeepers. .....Of course we know the size of the task facing us against Spennymoor...

Edited by HKP

You would be surprised how many fans crawl out of the woodwork when a Wembley Cup Final appearance is around, look at any professional club that suddenly gets swamped with ticket applications when they reach Wembley (even for play-off fixtures)

My estimate IF we get there would be around the 1,000 to 2,000 mark.

It's funny reading about Guernsey everywhere. Fair play to them - there's no such thing as bad publicity but no one seems to be mentioning other teams with the same amount of games to play.

I think GFC can also be thankful they're in the CCL - they have dates for their matches. Teams in other leagues haven't.

I give you Shildon's fixture list as it currently looks on the Northern League website. They also have a minimum of 23 games to play and Spennymoor who have at least 22 to play but they're still in their League Cup.

(see next post as it didn't format properly).

Edited by VPCTFC

got it

its pissing down again

any more postponments and guernsey will playing every afternoon and evening

so we need a

two sided thing you throw up in the air and both captains shout heads or tails the best guess gets the three points

It's funny reading about Guernsey everywhere. Fair play to them - there's no such thing as bad publicity but no one seems to be mentioning other teams with the same amount of games to play.

I think GFC can also be thankful they're in the CCL - they have dates for their matches. Teams in other leagues haven't.

I give you Shildon's fixture list as it currently looks on the Northern League website. They also have a minimum of 23 games to play and Spennymoor who have at least 22 to play but they're still in their League Cup.

it is probably because of the real community feel for Guernsey FC, here in the island, anyone and everyone who has any connection to the media via work, family or even other sports is on the phone, email, facebook, twitter, blogs, forums etc etc spreading the word and i guess very proud of the local lads efforts.

good to see the others have been successful and also a similar fixture pile up, would be a shame to see the eventual finalist loose on the day just down to fatigue compared the other squad