Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

31st March - standard rule for all Leagues.

6.5 CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTRATIONS

After 5pm on the 31st March each season, registrations and transfer of registrations will be declined or will be approved subject to such limitations and restrictions as the Board may determine and, if so determined, the player shall only be eligible to play in the matches for which permission is granted by the Board

So we need to register 45 players by 5pm 31st march

Then have a Friday Saturday Sunday team

So we just need to find 3 coaches 3 physio 3 lots of match day volunteers, it is not just the players with a huge task ahead of them

The GFC fixture issue was discussed on the Non League show with Nic Legg from the GFC Supporters Club, worth a listen.

Agree Bob, the fixtures are out, decisions have been made (the right decisions in my opinion) and GFC will now just have to get on with it, nothing will change despite all your constant moaning. This was always one of the risks with GFC entering a league on the mainland, but obviously a sh*te pitch hasn't helped you either but then again what more do you expect when you share with a rugby club??!! What other CCL clubs share their facilities with rugby I wonder.......

Agree Bob, the fixtures are out, decisions have been made (the right decisions in my opinion) and GFC will now just have to get on with it, nothing will change despite all your constant moaning. This was always one of the risks with GFC entering a league on the mainland, but obviously a sh*te pitch hasn't helped you either but then again what more do you expect when you share with a rugby club??!! What other CCL clubs share their facilities with rugby I wonder.......

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'd be surprised if Epsom were the team unhappy with a Sunday trip. We are about as lucky as it gets with these fixtures as we have the Bank Holiday afterwards so few people even need a day off.

Having said that, if they are not happy with going on a Sunday, when is there a better date. It looks like the League has done what it can here.

As for whether Guernsey can win promotion will now depend on the strength of its squad players. We'll have a much better idea once they've played us and South Park next week. Two wins for Guernsey place them as clear favourites andd two draws would probably do the same. However, losing either game would be a real handicap.

surely two draws is worse than losing one and winning one E & E, only 2 points for two draws and three for one win. If you are referring to catching you guys up, I am confident we could still do that with the games in hand. Egham are the team that it's going to be tough to overhaul as they are much further ahead.

One of the main arguments over teams not wanting to travel midweek is the problem in taking time off work. But is this really the case? Reason for asking this is if this was the case then why are teams playing on a Sunday still wanting to stay on the Sunday evening when it would make better sense to go back Sunday evening so they can get to work on time.

because a lot of players just want to have a night out in Guernsey HKP ;)

surely two draws is worse than losing one and winning one E & E, only 2 points for two draws and three for one win. If you are referring to catching you guys up, I am confident we could still do that with the games in hand. Egham are the team that it's going to be tough to overhaul as they are much further ahead.

The logic behind my post GF is that you have no chance of catching Egham. Your only hope is second place, as is the case for us South Park and Cove. Egham have the best run in of all clubs and will be Champions.

The reason I said two draws is because you are no further back if that occurs. You have to catch all three of those teams, so closing the gap on one team would be negated by a gap opening with another.

Currently you are 15 behind us and with 11 in hand. Looks easy, but if you did lose to Epsom on Tuesday and then slipped up at Raynes Park because of your Vase exertions it would be 18 with 10 and the knowledge that the fixtures will be getting more frequent. With extra fixtures also comes the extra chance of injuries and if anything happens to Allen, I think you would have serious trouble in closing the gap as every team is up for playing you.

I think there is pressure on Epsom to win this Tuesday, but pressure comes with the terrritory when you have something to play for at this stage of the season and we have to deal with it. We have the knowledge that we can beat Guernsey, albeit a slightly weaker eleven back in January than we may see tomorrow, but assuming some of our injuries have healed then a win on Tuesday could give us fresh impetus for the run in.

It should be a cracking game.

I believe an agreement was made between the two clubs last week, HKP. We are the Guernsey boys....

Yes an agreement has been made as advised on our website, and I'm a little surprised that it hasn't been advised on the GFC one.

All of Guernsey will finally get to see the High Road pitch. A pitch with just one waterlogged postponement all season. It's a thing of beauty :)

Yes an agreement has been made as advised on our website, and I'm a little surprised that it hasn't been advised on the GFC one.

All of Guernsey will finally get to see the High Road pitch. A pitch with just one waterlogged postponement all season. It's a thing of beauty :)

Fred. Is there SKY TV at Chipstead? If not, what about the pub down the road?

What's the pitch looking like tomorrow as I know Chipsted was off Sat?

Cant they play in the guernsey league? Cant have this if they go up into the ryman or higher will ruin seasons if no one can travel there midweek.

The whole point of setting up GFC was to give Guernsey players something better than the Priaulx can offer. Something to really challenge them, especially after their success in the Island Games and FA National League System Cup. The problem this season has been the amount of games called off for a variety of reasons, pitch but so many have been lost to their run in the FA Vase. Edited by HKP

Fred. Is there SKY TV at Chipstead? If not, what about the pub down the road?

You know what Chris, I don't actually know! There always seems to be football on the tv there but I really couldn't confirm for certain.

The White Hart down the road is a quiet pub so I'd be surprised. However, the beer is cheaper at Chipstead.

I'm always expecting the game at Chipstead to go ahead, but I must confess I didn't realise it was off Saturday. I'd better revise my earlier comments :)

There is not much rain forecast in the next 24 hours so I'm sure it will go ahead , in fact, if there was no game on Saturday that will have been a bonus.