Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Promotion/PPG

VPCTFC

Truro City are now sorted - a new consortium has stepped in and they are no longer in any trouble.

Kettering are playing at Corby until the end of the season, and it's still uncertain as to if they will be playing beyond the summer. Alan Doyle has said that there are huge problems there, and they could end up folding leave Nene Park empty once again.

Hinckley United survived a winding up order, so they look okay for now.

As for locally to here, Forest Green Rovers could be in trouble if they fail to win promotion. A hate campaign started against Dale Vince and his family by 'fans' upset at the changes he has instigated (changing the kit colours, his over zealousness on going green, veggie-burgers only etc.) also flared up late last year. A contact of mine who knows both Colin Peake and Trevor Horsley told me that 'filth' had been sent to the club offices. I doubt he meant a naughty boys magazine!

Also, Gloucester City might be making a step backwards due to financial constraints. The Tigers have spent £250k on project work for a new stadium on the site of Meadow Park, and will have to tighten their belts. The new stadium is not going to happen at Meadow Park - for one thing they will need flood insurance which no property in the area around the docks has. Plus trips to Workington, Halifax, Harrogate etc. are not cheap for us, and maybe we'd be better off having more local games against Frome, Chippenham, Merthyr etc.

Nuneaton were also reportedly in trouble, but I've not heard anything about this recently so I'll assume they're okay.

My cousin is an avid supporter of Gloucester City. Goes to all their games home and away. Just thought I'd mention it :D

I'll buy him/her a pint should our paths cross :)

Also, Bath City might have to take a few steps back, due to ongoing problems with Twerton Park.

With all of these clubs having trouble, you wonder what the FA's stance will be as they've said that only two clubs would be promoted and that at least one club from each league will be relegated.

One of those statements may have to give if they still want 24 in each division. We'll see, it's a long way from the end of the season still.

With all of these clubs having trouble, you wonder what the FA's stance will be as they've said that only two clubs would be promoted and that at least one club from each league will be relegated.

One of those statements may have to give if they still want 24 in each division. We'll see, it's a long way from the end of the season still.

Surely the answer is in Mike Applebys statement:

"If vacancies still exist, any additional clubs required will be selected from the following Step 5 leagues based on a points gained per game played basis: Combined Counties League, Eastern Counties League, Essex Senior League, Kent League, Spartan South Midlands League, Sussex County League and Wessex League. No more than two Clubs will be promoted from any one league."

At the moment only 2 of the above Leagues would be needed to supply a 2nd team - if more vacancies exist then more of the above 7 Leagues would be able to supply a 2nd team. Thus there are up to 5 teams "in reserve" to fill vacancies that can exist by teams pulling out higher up the pyramid.

Edited by Green_Fingers

• 2 weeks later...

I'm aware of the rule GF, but five teams in reserve could very easily be used up if a couple of teams do not provide an eligible team at all, as could easily happen in the Wessex and Western Leagues right now from looking at the tables, and could happen in others, or if a couple of teams fold or take voluntary demotion. Having one of the best couple of PPG in seven leagues is tough, but having onee of the best four or five is a much better bet for whoever is runner up in our League.

I stick by my original thoughts that two will go up from our league this season.

Kettering hope to play at Burton Park Wanderers in Burton Latimer next season.

This would mean demotion to Step 6, as Burton Park Wanderers do not have floodlights.

Looks like they are doing what Merthyr Tydfil did, and drop three steps and reform.

This would mean demotion to Step 6, as Burton Park Wanderers do not have floodlights.

Looks like they are doing what Merthyr Tydfil did, and drop three steps and reform.

What makes you think Step 6 doesn't need floodlights?

I assume this applies across the board.

http://eastmidlandscountiesleague.pitchero.com/promotion-criteria-step-7-to-step-6-11624/

• Clubs may be considered for promotion without having floodlights in place however, those clubs without floodlights must comply with the following requirements as at 31 March 2013:

o Planning permission for the provision of floodlights MUST have been approved by the Local Authority

o Evidence provided that funding applications have been submitted

o Evidence provided that the balance of any funding required is in place

o Evidence provided that quotations have been obtained from appropriate contractors

o Provide a copy of an appropriate development/installation plan

• Floodlights MUST be installed and in working order by 30th September 2013. Step 6 competitions would be at liberty to impose a penalty on any Club that failed to comply with this requirement. Clubs that fail to provide floodlights by 31 March 2014 will be classified as a relegated club regardless of their finishing position at the conclusion of Season 2013/2014.

Edited by Rother

Actually, having contacted an associate in Kettering earlier on:

They have had floodlights installed... but can't use them!

Kettering may play at BPW but at step 4 (assuming they're going to get relegated this season), not step 6. They've asked the Southern League for an extension to the March 31st ground grading deadline to get BPWs ground up to step 4 standard. If they get refused they'll continue playing at Corby until the ground is ready.

BPWs ground has floodlight poles but no lights on them. They haven't got the money to get them fitted and connected up. They need to raise £8000 to get them sorted.

http://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/kettering-town/jeune-aiming-to-bring-poppies-back-into-the-borough-1-4788494

Thanks for that VP.

Newport IOW's weekend loss means they are now very unlikely to finish in a promotion place, meaning that the Wessex League will have no teams going up this year. That means that there will now be three extra places after you have promoted the other 13 champions or runners up, and those three will come from the seven southern based leagues. However, one of those is the Wessex League so now it looks like three from six southern based Leagues which is a massive improvement in the odds for the CCL having a second promotion team.

Newport IOW's weekend loss means they are now very unlikely to finish in a promotion place, meaning that the Wessex League will have no teams going up this year. That means that there will now be three extra places after you have promoted the other 13 champions or runners up, and those three will come from the seven southern based leagues. However, one of those is the Wessex League so now it looks like three from six southern based Leagues which is a massive improvement in the odds for the CCL having a second promotion team.

Indeed Fred - with Egham currently leading the table of 2nd placed teams from those 7 Leagues :rolleyes:

Egham Town 2.375 COM

Oxhey Jets 2.370 SPA

VCD Athletic 2.143 KEN

Dereham Town 2.125 EAS

Gt Wakering R 1.923 ESS

And with Epsom at 2.214 and Guernsey on 2.500 it would take quite a drop from two of those top three teams for our League not to have two promoted clubs this year.

Redhill (5th - Sussex) and Newport IOW (10th - Wessex) have 2.0 and 2.05 respectively so are not out of the equation entirely if they win their games in hand, and both are above Great Wakering right now. Good :)

In addition, all of my calculations this year are assuming that every team that has applied will be meeting the ground criteria. Any fallers here would tip the balance further in favour of our League's clubs who I believe will have little to do to get a Step Four grading, now that Guernsey's fence is going up.

Edited by E&E Fred