Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFCH 1-1 ETU - Can we make a pass?

Fat Tom Daley

We're still in the cup and that's the main thing.

Awful game for a neutral, East Thurrock were playing the offside trap and we fell for it unfortunately.

Don't think that will happen in the replay.

I think we just need to forget about this game and move on.

Not many positives to take from that performance apart from still being in the draw and all things considered a half decent crowd.

Too many times recently we turn up with the same gameplan...slow starting, under the cosh from the getgo, midfield is no outlet, change at half time no real difference then go 4 up top as a last throw of the dice...luckily for us all this has worked a fair few times this season...

I just feel we have the players to play a different way and with a half decent pitch like today's we should be taking advantage of it...Dulwich away is a prime example of how good we can play...yet I go away feeling dejected even tho we are still in with a shout...perhaps it seems like I'm expecting too much but I know we are capable of it as I've seen us pass teams off the pitch previously..why the change in mentality?

Absolute awful game. I don't understand how we can play well against this team last week and then hardly turn up this weekend?

It don't make sense.

Yeah we are still in the draw for Monday, no doubt it will be another tough draw. But lets pull together and make a better go of it on Tuesday night, please, not much to ask really? Is it?

It was Stefan - apologies for the typo - I have now corrected it.

At least it proves that someone reads the report.

And - in case anyone has missed it - Romford Recorder please note - HFC have now gone nine matches without losing - perhaps the Recorder might even send a reporter of their own one day (unlikely of course, but wonders can always happen).

Edited by Dagger03

best  part of the  game was when the  ref  blew the final whistle  a real shocker  of a game  one of the worst ive  seen for a while   hornchurch were poor  and etu  were  no better     zzzzzzzzz    thankfully  not every game  is like that or we  would end with just one man with out his dog watching :)

It was Stefan - apologies for the typo - I have now corrected it.

At least it proves that someone reads the report.

And - in case anyone has missed it - Romford Recorder please note - HFC have now gone nine matches without losing - perhaps the Recorder might even send a reporter of their own one day (unlikely of course, but wonders can always happen).

probably a typo by the recorder

Not the first poor performance at home as I have said before.

A good crowd, but if there were any new faces they are unlikely to turn up again.

It would be nice to see some football played instead of the ball being played into channels all the time.

Having said all that, we will probably go and win at ET on Tuesday . Hope so anyway.

Not the most entertaining of games but another game undefeated and a replay on Tuesday to put things right and go through into the next round.

I feel sometimes we expect too much from the players and management.........In my opinion so far this season we are doing more than fine,

Come on you Urchins...........

Is the problem,especially in the FA cup,the fact that we seem to make it obvious our need for a good cup run financially???

Surely this puts more pressure on a club and its players??

It's been 5/6 years now since our last decent run and in those times it has always been made aware how much we could do with the money,just a thought

I agree with you R, the cup money is imperative for a club like ours and it could help throughout the season but I'm just talking in terms of our general play...as a supporter I'd like to be entertained and for some reason our home games just aint entertaining..our style of play is the factor.

It's no coincidence that the 2 best side's I've seen so far this season in Wealdstone and Dulwich both play the passing game using the flanks.
It is also no coincidence that when we play the passing game we get results too....Cray, Margate, Dulwich and Ricay spring to mind.

This isnt a moan at the management who I have the upmost respect for but I guess some of the players who seem it suitable to smash hit and hope balls with no thought about it.

East Thurrock will regard the FA Cup as a potential big money earner as well as us and they would have adapted their tactics from the first game.

We'll know what changes they've made and learn from it.

It will be a tight replay I reckon, the odd goal winning it.

Good evening,1st time poster after browsing for a few years and felt compelled to add my imput,for what it's worth. It seems most people are in agreement that last weeks 3-0 win was a good game and yesterday's draw was poor. I didn't see much difference with the performances only to state the obvious,that one was a win on a lovely sunny day,compared to a draw on a wet and windy day.

I felt ETU were very much in last weeks game,until our 3 goals either side of the interval.

My view on the long ball is that we don't seem to have enough ball players in the side,at present players who I thought were full backs are playing in midfield and the defence seem to be under instructions to clear their lines and put balls into channels. Now I don't want to start up with a post criticising the management who I believe do a fantastic job,but I don't see much emphasis from the sidelines of encouraging full backs to get wide etc from our keeper. That said I don't think I've seen a more honest bunch of players,they might not play well every week but they always put a shift in and that definitely comes from our manager. Anyway I'm confident we will progress on Tuesday,sorry for the ramble Up The Urchins.