Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

BEDFONT SPORTS MANAGER

GBB

myself and my brother stuart as of this week have parted company by mutual consent with bedfont sports.Id firstly like to thank Dave and Terry reader for giving us the opportunity to start our managerial career with them. Bedfont sports is a fantastic club with great facilities and some very hard working people involved . Weve loved every minute of our time there and want to wish them the very best in the future. Myself and stuart will now be looking for our next venture as player/managers along with our coaching and backroom staff.

myself and my brother stuart as of this week have parted company by mutual consent with bedfont sports.Id firstly like to thank Dave and Terry reader for giving us the opportunity to start our managerial career with them. Bedfont sports is a fantastic club with great facilities and some very hard working people involved . Weve loved every minute of our time there and want to wish them the very best in the future. Myself and stuart will now be looking for our next venture as player/managers along with our coaching and backroom staff.

:(  :ph34r:

Im sure the Bamfords will receive many offers with many years of experience at Ryman and a promotion in their first managerial role at Bedfont. I think they played at Chertsey, but I haven't heard anything about a vacancy there. Apparently they are both still playing so would be a good aqusition for anyone at step 4.

Strange but Interesting Gav !   The club appear to be on the up forever progressing after promotion to the CCL with the grants obtained and a 3G pitch to boot.  Wishing the Bamfords and Bedfont all the best for whatever the future brings. 

Edited by BAD GUY

Don't think Johnno will be too pleased with your comment, unless you know something that Johnno or us don't know ;)

Johnno is the font of all knowledge !

:rolleyes: 

I can also confirm ive left bedfont sports an would like to thank dave an terry reader for all theyve done for me over the last 5 seasons . Its been a pleasure to skipper them into the combined counties prem an been quality working with the bamfords for the past three seasons . The clubs facilities are second to none an i wish them well for the future.

Also like to say good luck to there youth system got some top players an lads coming through

Been a pleasure

I believe the bamfords are looking for a new player/manager project along with the backroom staff, no disrespect to any step 6 team but they have done that already, with a promotion already on the CV. I think they will be looking closer to step 4 so dont see them going to lammas.

I'd be surprised if Gav and Stu go to Lammas, they can both play higher and I feel a local job will come up sooner rather than later and they will fit in perfectly, I hear Molesey are interested in Sean Ryan or he could go to Camberley.

I wonder who will take over from the boys, who ever it is will need to bring players with him as it seems lots of players have left the club.

Without the baggage and influence of a selected few, maybe Bedfont will now start playing football and picking up a few results!!!

Ive seen Bedfont play a few times over the last couple of seasons, they seem to be a tight knit group, i suppose that comes from winning promotion together, and to be fair they are one of the better footballing teams in the CCL even if the results are not going their way.

bit of an elephant in the room here?

We've loved our time here the facilities are great etc etc. However, they are leaving without another job to go to and quite possibly most of the squad too. Hmm!

Ok maybe they are headed to Chertsey but with no offence to the Bedfont squad, they are a standard step five side this season (so far) and so they aren't all likely to follow as Step 4 is, well, a step up!

Clearly something out of the ordinary has gone on. Entire squads don't often leave clubs with great facilities and from the outside looking in, one that appears to have a great infrastructure and potential.

Edited by E&E Rich

Have to agree with Richard on this one,to leave at this stage of the season seems strange,to say the least.The only Player/Manager that I can remember being successful was Andy Hessentaler at Dover a few seasons back,in my opinion it does not work,at a higher level.