Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 25th October

Hertford Town are now flying up the league smashing all in their path!

The last four games (all wins) have seen the lads score 15 goals.

We now have 3 consecutive cup games to give the others a chance to make up ground in the league.

My pre-season prediction of top 10 finish and 3 rounds of every cup competition looks very achievable now.

Different gravy from last season, well done Gaffa!

PREMIER DIVISION

0-3 Tring Athletic v Kings Langley

Surprise, surprise, no report up on Tring Athletic's website as yet:

http://www.kingslangleyfc.co.uk/club/241323/Matches/report/5492391

Rhodes - any chance of a report on the Stony vs Edgware game?

I can help if you haven't written one yet.

Stony won, 4-0, could have been a few more. Edgware created a few chances in the first half but ran out of ideas in the second and never really threatened.

Edgware - nice set of lads, not bad technically, but think would have been better starting in Division 2.

Was at the sun colney Heath game Saturday. Heath stated much the brighter out if the two and looked to take control early on but got caught twice with two counter attacks. Ash Lewis and rich Pearce with the goals. Think with Heath as they are such a big side they try to bully u but if u dont let them they seemed to lack a plan b. Scott bonner at the back was again a man mountain winning everything and stopping D. Parkinson all game. Ash was his usual terrier in the middle and was nice to see Pearce get a rare start, with james armstrong in the stands with what looked as a apparent bad back. A week earlier the same Heath side nearly took all 3 points off berko and had no answer to the brick wall that sun is becoming, if they don't make silly mistakes at the back they look very formidable!!!!. Although its early days in the season we are top with a 3rd played so far. Doing very well. If we can keep the rhythm at the back going, stay clear of injuries and keep supplying the flying fearon and armstrong we might just have a chance!. Although what with the big budget rumours at berko if we do match them with non, leads to believe if they can justify paying players when ones just as good do it for free

Blew the Premier title chase wide apart today. Don't normally come on here with AFC reports but couldn't help myself, everyone was outstanding.

2 stunning goals from Jamie Warne and so much satisfying as been with the club since he was 12.

Think any team from probably 10 can clinch title.

Good result, I did have a little chuckle when I saw it. What's happened to Hall and Austin?

Good result, I did have a little chuckle when I saw it. What's happened to Hall and Austin?

That's why we can hopefully have a good season. Jermaine Hall still has a groin problem and hopefully back in a couple of weeks. Louis Austin bit more long term, looks like out till Xmas. Good lads though, even though injured, still come and watch the team.

I thought afc was a good team when we played them, Austin's first game and he caught our back 4 cold time and time again. Our defence is much more stable now though. Young keeper played very well also made saves at 3-1 that changed the game. Goes to show that this league this season will go down to the wire I think. Sun keep surprising teams, berko struggle in battles and wembly are grinding results out. Also kings have games in hand but the age old saying. Better to have the points in the bag!

Hertford Town are now flying up the league smashing all in their path!

The last four games (all wins) have seen the lads score 15 goals.

We now have 3 consecutive cup games to give the others a chance to make up ground in the league.

My pre-season prediction of top 10 finish and 3 rounds of every cup competition looks very achievable now.

Different gravy from last season, well done Gaffa!

Looking like the team to watch at the moment Big Dawg. Just read the jets report and it looks like you and the rest of the home fans did your job! 

Do you agree with the report? ......... http://www.oxheyjets.com

Got to hand it to Kings Langley though, very strong squad and getting some great results. When do they play Sun Postal? That game will be a cracker. They had some grudge matches last year, think they'll be even juicier in the prem! 

Got to hand it to Kings Langley though, very strong squad and getting some great results. When do they play Sun Postal? That game will be a cracker. They had some grudge matches last year, think they'll be even juicier in the prem! 

Sun won 3-0 at Kings Langley back in September and host the return clash in January

Looking like the team to watch at the moment Big Dawg. Just read the jets report and it looks like you and the rest of the home fans did your job! 

We're coming up on the rails, playing well, scoring goals and getting the points.

Just need to take each game for what it is, whether we need 3 points or progression to the next round of a cup and not get too carried away.

As for the report, it's a little biased as you'd expect.

There was some niggle for the 1st red card but you can't turn around and flatten someone in front of the lino and expect to get away with it.

It was a definite pen because a player was tripped in the box running past the 1st incident which is when the game was stopped.

The ref gave the pen and the lino told him about the other incident (outside the box) for the card.

Yes we screamed for the pen and the card.

Isn't that what home fans are supposed to do?

The 2nd red came as the Jets players had all lost their collective cool and our diminutive 17yr-old RB was kicked up in the air needing attention from the physio. Again, we weren't happy but the ref was right on top of the incident and produced the card.

I concede that as fans, we are noisy, we do try to influence the officials to our benefit and we do cheer our goals.

That's why every team has a home & away games to balance out the supporters effect.

Our manager can be angry at times but that's the passion I want to see.

If he didn't care and just sat there, the players wouldn't show as much either.

There wasn't any rolling around, diving and we're not a dirty side.

Our fans are the 12th man and made the difference. Their fans screamed and swore at me, my wife and two others merely for cheering a goal.

If only they were more vocal actually supporting their lads, it might have been a different result on the day.

As much as I like everyone's digs at Rhodes re: Edgware Town, I don't think anyone directly involved with the club has made any bragging statements.

No but also nobody from the club distanced themselves from what he was saying, which frankly was incredibly insulting to everyone in the league, if it had been me I'd have told a person not officially (or even if they were) connected with my club to stop running their mouth, that opportunity was there and was never taken. I'm sure the ETFC guys are a lovely bunch and honestly I wish them well, I still stand by my opinion that it was an appalling decision to let a new club (or reimagining of an old one) straight in to this step and that certainly wouldn't have won them any friends, and Rhodes claiming they would walk the league and embarrass every team they played didn't help, he is toxic to the reputation of any club. I would hope my comments aren't taken to heart too much as they are aimed at Rhodes to show how very little he knows about football especially at this level despite all his claims. Just funny to show him up from time to time, not that it does any good really haha. Interesting to note he has barely mentioned them recently, shows his level of support for them really doesn't it?

Another goal from E.Casey and MOM for Oxhey Jets. 11 goals since his return to the Jets I would like to see him back at Hanwell Town FC.