Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 22nd November Match Thread

Off topic a little but close to some of your hearts ... was due to referee on a 3G pitch today but was called off. Problem with the drainage evidently

Blame the contractors.

No complaints but I thought it was a slightly unfortunate loss for Windsor in the end.

Unless Kirby's head injury is nothing more than superficial we are likely to go into Tuesday's game with zero central defenders. When Camberley scored their 2 goals late on Kirby was sporting a head bandage and Leonetti could hardly walk, let alone run. Ellis' main injury came after the winning goal but that looked quite serious. (And Jeffrey is suspended of course.)

Searching for a late late late equaliser we had a great effort brilliantly saved by their 'keeper.

Our young 'keeper has done nothing less than could be expected of a teenager but he does have a tendency to fumble under pressure and one such fumble gifted Camberley the winner. The sooner Dennison is fit enough to play the better.

PS That ref was pretty poor - as you say LS the one that really got me (on behalf of Camberley) was when their guy went down in the centre circle (it was an odd one as he seemed to be holding his stomach rather than his leg but I hadn't seen any contact) and the ref played on... he even looked around at him a couple of times as Camberley's attack developed and then, just as they were about to cross, fully 10 seconds after the injury and just as the bloke was showing signs of life, he blew up. Absolutely inexplicable.

Anyway, we do play some lovely stuff at times (not much evident in the 2nd half yesterday) but it looks like the big physical teams are always going to be a problem for us.

Top 4 will be a good finish for us.

Thought your young keeper did pretty well yesterday.  He was only under that pressure late on due to your defenders trying to defend the 6 yard instead of 18 yard.  Also thought your coaching staff got it wrong.  You just sat in 2nd half and invited us on and we always felt that we would get a ball drop for us in the end.  As it was it was 2.  why the hell you didn't go for the 2nd only your coaches and manager know the answer to that but they got it wrong. 

Called off by the club ... ref didn't need to leave the comfort of his own house

In your day they didn't have 3G ... hadn't even been thought about

I claim a wooossshh moment :)

Exactly! Many of us, just as you say, paid our subs to play, in my case Sunday football, two codes of rugby and cricket. We accepted it. We understood that stuff had to be paid for. Maybe it's a generation thing?

Out of interest, I am wondering whether you and Lazy Sod played in front of paying customers? Edited by Rother

So you played with R.Sole,Richard Head,Wayne Kerr.

Depended on how many trialists were playing, but the three I mentioned were the first they tended to use. I may well have been A Hooker too (in the nicest possible sense!) because those who put the squads into the league and the paper weren't always the most creative of thinkers! Sadly never played as any of the three you mentioned, I'd have been honoured...although Juan Kerr would have added that extra continental flair, I'd say,

Only in one out of the four and as  a "shamateur" in the good old days of A N Other, S O Else and A Trialist....Still had to pay to play though.

Generally speaking though, I'd be surprised if, even in the old days, when there were paying customers coming through the gate / whole in the fence, the players would have been expected to pay.

Of course there are subs to pay where that's not the case - I've been paying £100+ per season for my son to play since he was 9 years old. Otherwise how are the refs going to be paid, kits purchased etc. etc.?

(Maybe I'm missing a point here....)  :eyebrowsup:

Money well spent Rother.Yes you have hit the nail on the head,how are the Refs going to be paid?They are the biggest drain on resources at Non League Level,add in the customary Free Drink,Sandwiches,etc,by my reckoning,minimum £140 per game.Still at least they contribute to the nation as a WHOLE,by paying 20 per cent to HMRC.Therefore helping this Country out of the HOLE that it is in.

Ha ha ha like it Smudge,Subs is definitely gonna happen again and it will be soon,with what is on offer to players at our level why should they get paid,the grounds the floodlights the changing rooms the showers the after care i.e. a bar and sandwiches and in some cases hot food,new kit and towels, health care and physio care where needed,training facilities and transport to matches in some cases, a ref and 2  assistants (sometimes a 4th official as well ) to get all of this supplied and then want money as well from the clubs after all this expense is met is not on or possible for many many clubs imo. 

Ha ha ha like it Smudge,Subs is definitely gonna happen again and it will be soon,with what is on offer to players at our level why should they get paid,the grounds the floodlights the changing rooms the showers the after care i.e. a bar and sandwiches and in some cases hot food,new kit and towels, health care and physio care where needed,training facilities and transport to matches in some cases, a ref and 2  assistants (sometimes a 4th official as well ) to get all of this supplied and then want money as well from the clubs after all this expense is met is not on or possible for many many clubs imo. 

Watch this space re this!  :(

Here's our match report from the defeat to Molesey.

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN131.html

They had a flying start and we were never able to pull it back. We had a good try though and Kyle Hough should have had the chance for a hat trick of penalties but somehow only was given one of them by some very weak officiating. Some would say he bottled it; I couldn't possibly comment!

Well apart from in the match report :)