Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Carshalton Ath. v Enfield Town

seemgee

Town down to 10 as Bricknell is sent off for his second yellow in the 70th minute. First yellow for a foul in the 67th minute, second for diving in the 70th minute

Edited by seemgee

1 minute ago, exiled down south said:

Just home from game not great need to be better next time

Didn't make the game today. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: we are a lower-mid-table side. We have been over-achieving this season thanks to Mo's goals. Now he's riding off into the sunset, I fully expect normal service to be resumed.

I've seen alot of the Carshalton games thanks to their YouTube channel. They are a decent side - particularly at home. They have leap-frogged us now into the play-offs and I expect them to be thereabouts come the end of the season. At the moment we are just not as consistent as Hornchurch, Folkestone, Horsham, Carshalton etc.

3 hours ago, old towner said:

2-0 lose now a slippery slide down the league  hope we don't go down this year

Old Towner.

Were you actually at the game.

Slippery slope not on today's performance.We were well I  the game until Billy Big Bollox ref makes an appalling decision and sends billy off for simulation when he was clearly fouled.

Anybody who watches Billy regularly knows the one thing he isnt is a diver.

The incompetent linesman ruled out a perfectly good goal by Junior when he was never in a million years off side.

Fans on this forum really should start going to games before writing negative posts on here.

Ok an honest report from someone at the game...

for 45 minutes we were outplayed by a lively Carshalton side.. with Billy isolated we posed next to no threat and had to watch the oppo get behind our full backs time and time again ... we looked like a bottom five side up against a promotion contender.... the second half showed a marked improvement very even and as stated a perfectly good goal ruled out... I was dead in line and it didn’t even seem close... another Bognor Regis decision which with our lack of fire power was absolutely crucial... with the goal and the lead I’m sure Billy would not have got the first yellow and it could have easily then been all 3 points whether we deserved them or not.... as for the future personally I think we are in dire trouble... Wilson limped off... we have players playing out of position and the squad is threadbare... as CC stated we have been reliant on Mo’s goals and are only where we are because of him.... the defending is all over the place god knows how many we have conceded in the last ten ?..... this is certainly not meant as a doom and gloom post but just my honest assessment as where we stand now.....

I too was not at the game today as I had another appointment with the NHS.

I have read with interest what has been said and appreciate the anxiety of some supporters as to the outlook for our future without MO.

As I said previously we seem to have to rely on rumour rather than fact. I hope therefore that what we hear from WR has some substance and that we may soon bolster our playing strength for the second half of the season. 

This is required as we have presently a genuine platform from which can progress. That is assuming that those being approached will improve our squad rather than just being another group of ships that pass in the night. Rather like our recent ghost central defender.

"We can only wait and see". That's a phrase I seem to be constantly writing. Shows the uncertainty of being a member!!!!!

Edited by 4wembleyfinals