Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Brightingsea Regent

seemgee

An exciting game with a good result. However, Brightlingsea had barely 3 chances to score and scored from 2 of them. A fantastic save from McDonald in the closing minutes ensured that we got the 3 points but questions have to be asked about their 2 goals.

For every chance that Brightlingsea had we must have had 2  and yet we only converted half of them. There were glaring misses on at least 2 occasions which would have wrapped the game up. We have to convert pressure into strong winning positions.

It was good to see that Bricknell had more support in this game.

Agree Steph, we should have won far more comfortably than we did. But I don’t want to take anything away from the performance - we looked strong once again. Let’s not forget Brightlingsea were higher than us in the league table before the game.

Lockdown has come at the wrong time (not that there is a “right” time), I hope we can pick up from where we left off when we resume (hopefully) in early December.

Just read the website update about Blackman and Della-Verde. Looks like a sensible move and shows the squad once again that ETFC players are firmly on the radar of various scouts. Fingers crossed neither player picks up a knock.

14 minutes ago, Benjrider10 said:

Agree Steph, we should have won far more comfortably than we did. But I don’t want to take anything away from the performance - we looked strong once again. Let’s not forget Brightlingsea were higher than us in the league table before the game.

Lockdown has come at the wrong time (not that there is a “right” time), I hope we can pick up from where we left off when we resume (hopefully) in early December.

Just read the website update about Blackman and Della-Verde. Looks like a sensible move and shows the squad once again that ETFC players are firmly on the radar of various scouts. Fingers crossed neither player picks up a knock.

Sounds like a good match / performance on Tuesday evening Benjrider10. Don't think you are right in saying Brightlingsea Regent were higher than us in the League table before the match. We were at the top end of the table on 15 points (now 18 points) whilst BR were on 8 points (still 8 points) much lower down the table. A good result for Town all the same!

6 minutes ago, Wildlife rescue said:

I dont think it's a good bit of buisness at all.

Knowing how much Brad admires both players I dont think they will be back.

Fair observation but not sure what else we could do. Neither player is on a “full” contract so could leave after a 7 day approach anyway. Best way of staying match fit is by playing. I hope both return .....

If Brad picks off the best players from our squad for a second time I may have to hunt him down! It will be interesting to see whether they go into the starting line-up against Chelmsford. I notice Ben Ward-Cochrane was talking on social media as if he had made a permanent move when, in theory, its only 4 weeks.

Agree with the comments above - good exciting game, good team performance - we could have scored loads more - but if it wasnt for Nathan in the last minute would have been an underserved draw (I didnt see it myself, looking forward to watching on the video!) .. 

I believe they will simply rearrange the fixtures at this stage - which helps us with the big 5 in a row we had to face - get Shaun and Scott back to fitness to improve the starting 11. This could be a good thing for us?

I do think the league should be clear and transparent in terms of the guidelines for this year - null and void v pts per game etc. 

Hopeful that there is nothing in it with Ryan and Lyle - we have waived the 7 day approach in good faith - surely Brad would not rip apart our squad a second time ...?

Though I did think on Tuesday night its ironic how the Brad team of 4-5 years ago is reunitng here under Andy - Nathan, Muleba, Percy, and now H!! 

And finally very sad to see Mo join Barnet on loan - how could he???

Welling lost at home 0-4!!!!!   Keeping Braintree ( now where have I heard than name before?) company at the bottom of the league. Possibility they could come down next year. No wonder Brad Q wants players. 

Suggest management try to add a few more players on short term contracts for the next couple of months. 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

2 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Welling lost at home 0-4!!!!!   Keeping Braintree ( now where have I heard than name before?) company at the bottom of the league. Possibility they could come down next year. No wonder Brad Q wants players. 

Suggest management try to add a few more players on short term contracts for the next couple of months. 

Don't like to read comments like these on Welling United's forum: 

"As shocking as that was I thought Olagunju and Blackman were excellent."