Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tokyngton Manor FC

Yeah PB still in charge.

Not looking too bad in pre season. Another top 6 place beckons but think the title may be out of reach.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Lato

Tell you what next time our paths happen to cross then if you actually want to know why I left Ruislip Manor FC as a committee member in May 2006 (please note that date) then I'll tell you. I say that safe in the knowledge that you won't do so.

LATO - You have a lot to offer and the door to Tokyngton Manor will always be left ajar for you but you need to learn to lighten up a little, the same goes for Spidermanor and Manorborn. Why don't you all give the Chairman the credit he deserves and openly acknowledge that he single handedly saved the Club from extinction, he literally rode into Grosvenor Vale like a white knight in shining armour and the only thing missing was a horse.

Sounds like LATO,Spidermanor and Manorborn would rather have seen their 'beloved' club die off than rise from the flames like they did.Any TRUE supporter would be jumping with joy and following their club with passion and be appreciative of the club secretary and chairmans hard work to keep Ruislip Manor alive.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Lato

Tell you what next time our paths happen to cross then if you actually want to know why I left Ruislip Manor FC as a committee member in May 2006 (please note that date) then I'll tell you. I say that safe in the knowledge that you won't do so.

LATO - You have a lot to offer and the door to Tokyngton Manor will always be left ajar for you but you need to learn to lighten up a little, the same goes for Spidermanor and Manorborn. Why don't you all give the Chairman the credit he deserves and openly acknowledge that he single handedly saved the Club from extinction, he literally rode into Grosvenor Vale like a white knight in shining armour and the only thing missing was a horse.

9 o'clock BBC2 on Sunday.

Actually now I come to think of it, is there an internet cafe in Whitehall?

LATO - Dobber does have a point though and has hit the nail firmly on the head where he suggests that you would have rather seen your beloved Club die a death than roll up your sleeves and save it. It was all hands to the pump at the end of the 2007/2008 season yet the so called 'Three Musketeers' just turned their backs following that final game against Hanwell Town and walked sheepishly off into the sunset.

Originally Posted By: Butts HVFC
Just to put the record straight. Th ground at Viking , is up to date with the ground grading ,has been for 1 year.

I've seen a Tokyngton match there within the last year. The concrete walkway ran out before the halfway line and spectators had to walk over a dangerous mixture of rubble and mud if they wanted to watch from the halfway line. You don't get a ground grading for that. In fact an H&S certificate would be a struggle.

Originally Posted By: Football Man

The concrete walkway ran out before the halfway line and spectators had to walk over a dangerous mixture of rubble and mud if they wanted to watch from the halfway line. You don't get a ground grading for that. In fact an H&S certificate would be a struggle.

Football Man - The mixture of rubble and mud you are referring to has long been cleared and you won't recognise the place since your visit last season. I've described the ground as 'a hidden gem' on the another Forum but that doesn't begin to do it justice, every groundhopper we welcomed last season was like a rabbit caught in the headlights as soon as they walked through the gate.

Sorry couldn't resist .....

....they must all be so 'dazzled' that they immediately suffer from short term amnesia when writing about their visits to the 'hidden gem'-

...this was posted on the NL Forum from the week before last!

Quote:
I last visited Avenue Park in 2002,when Viking Greenford were there.The ground hasn't changed much.Shame they can't rail one side of the pitch,due to the closeness of the neighbouring Glaxo Leisure Centre.

... must confess I've only tried to visit once - and couldn't even find the gate! shocked

... I'm told you have a slightly bigger sign off the A40 now?

BUT I'm sure a lot more work must have been done since another hopper was most uncomplementary about it back in Sep 2008 - when the term 'disappointing ground' was used when visiting for the Tok M. v Amersham game.

Having said that there WAS quite a positive report the same month when a hopper queried why the owners themselves weren't using what appeared to be a perfectly adequate ground for STEP05 - which is where they were then. Is it anywhere nearer STEP04 grading now?

Having done a quick 'scour' round for other reports from any 2009 visits - in case I'm doing Avenue Pk an injustice - the one's that have been posted unfortunately aren't what I would call 'glowing'.

... maybe the owners (Bedfont G) continued success ON the field (albeit elsewhere) may lead to a bit more investment but phrases such as 'tightly hemmed in' don't suggest they are likely to spend too much on development - they are more likely to develop one of their other (half-dozen?) grounds that they have a stake in?

• 9 months later...

Just to let you know folks that Tokyngton Manor took part in the prestigious annual end of season West End Challenge Cup this afternoon at Market Road in Islington and amazingly progressed through the group stage to the Quarter Final despite high quality opposition such as Kingsbury London Tigers. The high profile Camden organised tournament has grown since its inception three years ago and is the only football tournament in Camden catering for over 16 year olds in order to bring the young people of Camden and Islington together to create cohesion, needless to say Kentish Town weren't represented in the 24 team tournament.

needless to say Kentish Town weren't represented in the 24 team tournament.

Jonno - I was amazed when I arrived yesterday to find Kentish Town had not entered a team in the prestigious tournament but not altogether surprised

needless to say Kentish Town weren't represented in the 24 team tournament.

Jonno - I was amazed when I arrived yesterday to find Kentish Town had not entered a team in the prestigious tournament but not altogether surprised

"Amazed" but "not altogether surprised" - more Rhodesisms.

Good job they hadn't booked the Viking Ground, that hidden gem, but much beleagured of grounds for the tournament. It would be all over non league daily like a rash.

"Amazed" but "not altogether surprised" - more Rhodesisms.

Loosely - The trouble with Kentish Town is that they don't practice what they preach, they profess to being a Community Club but nothing could be further from the truth

Didn't notice Kentish Town not being able to complete all their fixtures last season Rhodesy. If you are going to profess to be a community club which Tik Tok do then first point of call is not to let down your community of 5 supporters.

Apologies to any true Tokyngton representatives however the above is just illustrating Rhodesy's warped sense of balance.

Edited by loose

Maybe the tournament isn't so prestigous after all then. The biggest community club in the area are Arsenal. Did they have a team in it Cliff ? If so theyight have some silverware to show at The Emirates now !

The thing is it is probably just another run of the mill end of season 6-a-side & rather than get a team together for that, they've decided to have a proper rest of the close season & come back refreshed in July.

Maybe the tournament isn't so prestigous after all then. The biggest community club in the area are Arsenal. Did they have a team in it Cliff ? If so theyight have some silverware to show at The Emirates now !

The thing is it is probably just another run of the mill end of season 6-a-side & rather than get a team together for that, they've decided to have a proper rest of the close season & come back refreshed in July.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/westendfc/?section=clubnews&news_id=137415

Be fair Syd, quite a line up !!

Did the mighty Twinkle Toes dance off with the Trophy?

Tringarmy - Send me a friend request on Facebook and I will accept you, you will then be able to view all the photographs from the prestigious tournament last Sunday, it was a really great well organised event

Tringarmy - Send me a friend request on Facebook and I will accept you, you will then be able to view all the photographs from the prestigious tournament last Sunday, it was a really great well organised event

Take it you weren't on the organising committee then Cliff.

Also you said the tournament was for over 16's, so basically Tik Tok were up against 16 year old's, anyway prestigious tournament I am sure it was Cliff, just hop the anorak's they used for goalposts got returned to there rightful owners.

• 2 weeks later...

The non league matters forum is showing Tokyngton Manor as being in the Middx League for 2010/11 - I assume this is the first team?

Edited by mungo