Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Building bridges

Hi everyone. Some very interesting posts here, especially for me, who as someone said has had her own battles on MyFC. I would just like to clarify a few things - this might get me shouted at again, but I don't want misunderstandings on here. I have no apologies to make and anyone who knows me will know that I do not act maliciously in anything. I do speak to Will Brooks from time to time because I used to be on the forum team, I stepped down after I was the victim of a public attack which was the result of my strong objection to a member of the MyFC Board (not Chris P) abusing his powers on the forum. Suffice to say, I have permanently severed my connections with someone who used to be a very good friend. However, I have had so much support from other members, it has been heart-warming for me.

Anyway, that's all in the past. I have no connections with the Operator (apart from the fact that I have his mobile number!). I want this to succeed as much as anyone. That's it really. Thanks.

Hello everyone I've been reading this forum for months now and thought I'd post something. I'm a member of MYFC and have been from the start I went to Wembley and felt proud when my team won and thats how I feel and even before Wembley that Ebbsfleet is my team along with my other love Accrington Stanley who your very much like in some ways. I commented on the MYFC forum that even if I did not renew my membership Ebbsfleet would always have one more fan than last year. Their forum is ok with no real secrets to tell or anything that you would really be interested in, its not a secret club and most of the 30,000 members have no real idea whats going on most of the time lol.

Anyway all the best and I hope to see some of you at York, Barrow, Halifax etc next year and I might even make a pilgrimage to Stonebridge Road !!!

Originally Posted By: Darter

I have no apologies to make and anyone who knows me will know that I do not act maliciously in anything.

Do you not think there's anything malicious in hounding a guy who's not around (because he was at an away game no less) for 24 odd pages? You certainly weren't responsible for all of it, but were definitely involved throughout and exacerbated the whole thing. Do you not feel an apology is due to Chris just for being involved? It was a pretty crappy thing to do to somebody who has done so much for the club.

I stepped down after I was the victim of a public attack which was the result of my strong objection to a member of the MyFC Board (not Chris P) abusing his powers on the forum.

Did you step down voluntarily or were you told to? Not really important I know, but when you said you were leaving the MyFC forum with LooseGooner It did make me wonder. Also, why did you change your mind and return?

I agree with you Chris. Darter says she has nothing to apologize for. She would rather sweep her actions under the carpet. I bet she would! But she was the catalyst and indeed main protagonist for making Chris Pilkinton's life hell and she should therefore do the decent thing and apologise to him. If she doesn't wish to lose face and do it in public, she should at least send him a full apology direct and in private. Perhaps Chris could then simply acknowledge this has happened?

In the meantime it is hard to reconcile the sweet lady incapable of causing offence image portrayed by Lord Horn and what happened to Chris. In my view until she resolves her past actions satisfactorily these will always get in the way of any further contributions she may wish to make on this forum. Redemption is possible, but is entirely in her own hands.

I don't know what happened on the forum regarding darter & chris and don't really want to. What I will say is that I've known Chris for a number of years, having worked along side him with Fleet Trust and I know him to be a lovely man and a honest, hard working and loyal supporter of the Fleet.

I'm not sure if this matter ( whatever it is) should be brought up, in front of us plebs on here.

It May just serve to drive even more wedges between us and MYFC forum.

Plus I do not feel personal feuds /arguments from MYFC forum should spill onto our's, to be honest

Originally Posted By: kmj
I agree with you Chris. Darter says she has nothing to apologize for. She would rather sweep her actions under the carpet. I bet she would! But she was the catalyst and indeed main protagonist for making Chris Pilkinton's life hell and she should therefore do the decent thing and apologise to him. If she doesn't wish to lose face and do it in public, she should at least send him a full apology direct and in private. Perhaps Chris could then simply acknowledge this has happened?

In the meantime it is hard to reconcile the sweet lady incapable of causing offence image portrayed by Lord Horn and what happened to Chris. In my view until she resolves her past actions satisfactorily these will always get in the way of any further contributions she may wish to make on this forum. Redemption is possible, but is entirely in her own hands.

interesting comments from chrisblanc and yourself kmj which only serve to reinforce my view about some of these people crossing the great divide....I was suspicious of darter from the off and your comments have only served to reinforce that view....

I know everyone at ebbs wants everything as one with zillions of red shirts in harmony (and shurms foto is top class) but these people are NOT football fans...they are internet junkies...groupies that follow the latest fad/trend/fashion..overdose on it and then move on to the next one....and take it from me there will be a next one..

yeah some of them are putting themselves out big style for the new computer game in town by attending a few games and I hope they continue to do so but I cannot remove the thought from my head that its all just a fad and that they are mostly not really football people....

yeah wembley was obviously a hugh success in terms of numbers (not forgetting the superb triumph that day) but too much for too many like a disneyland trip who have never been before.....!!

the internet constantly creates a new hunger in these junkies for another fix to hone in on and buzz off on and it certainly aint NL footie...its just a new link to click onto and another high...

sure the fleet will move onwards in the short term and hopefully stabilise financially and also gain new REAL fans but I doubt it will be in numbers somehow...

groupies...

its a good word...smile

Originally Posted By: kmj

I never criticised Chris P for anything he has done for the club, in fact I praised him. The whole thread was about his contribution to MyFC, not EUFC. You can't represent MyFC if you don't post on the forum. That's it in a nutshell. Chris P then compounded it by saying that he didn't see why he should have to post on there. This is a really good example of how misunderstanding get turned into tragedies! As a founder MyFCer, I still don't want anyone on the MyFC board who isn't 100% behind MyFC. What's so odd about that?? There was a great deal being said behind the scenes which I won't repeat, but what I said on MyFC forum I stand by. And Chris B, I stood down from the FT. So did Gordon. You and I have never met, I have no axe to grind with you.
So - I will never sweep my actions under the carpet, I stand by what I did and what I said. We had over 100 people standing for election to the MyFC Board. Some of them had worked tirelessly for MyFC since it was established. Chris P works tirelessly for EUFC - that's fantastic, I admire him for that, but he was not known in MyFC. It's like me suddenly being voted chair of the Fleet Trust. How would you feel about that? You'd think it was daft.
kmj, I'm not a sweet lady, I often cause offence it seems, but I am honest. I couldn't care less about losing face, as you put it. I would love to talk to Chris P and ask him why he stood for MyFC Board when he'd had nothing to do with the MyFC Society up till that point. Perhaps we would then understand each other better.

The thread is still visible somewhere on MyFC John. All the Board posted on it except Chris. We had some great debate and really excellent contributions.

Uncle Urchin lol!! I am flattered that you are suspicious of me! :-)I'll still keep posting on here. I still support MyFC and EUFC.

As a founder MyFCer, I still don't want anyone on the MyFC board who isn't 100% behind MyFC. What's so odd about that??

and ask him why he stood for MyFC Board when he'd had nothing to do with the MyFC Society up till that point.

shovels are cheap in homebase at the moment and you may need several for the huge hole you are digging....

grin

That's Ok Uncle Urchin, I said I'd be honest. I don't need a shovel! You know I am committed to MyFC. I've spent 9 months contributing to the forum and have made good friends there. Lots of the people who post here post on there too and they have all seen my contributions!! There aren't any secrets :-)

That's Ok Uncle Urchin, I said I'd be honest. I don't need a shovel! You know I am committed to MyFC. I've spent 9 months contributing to the forum and have made good friends there. Lots of the people who post here post on there too and they have all seen my contributions!! There aren't any secrets :-)

honesty of intent is subjective when self proclaimed...its always up to others and history to truly judge....

I have also seen quite a few of your 'contributions' over there and have...quite frankly...concluded that football is actually better off without the involvement of yourself and many others of similar persuasions....

do you play netball by any chance...grin