Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Guernsey Thread

the lack of an answer from our well respected anoraks on here,by not answering my simple question regarding temporary railings at Footes Lane.

Only the FA can answer this so it's not really a simple question.

My view is that they can't be used as part of the ground grading as it's not a permanent barrier. I assume Footes Lane has one of those beyond the running track though.

If there is a permanent barrier furthur back then the ground satisfies the gradings. If a club then decides to erect temporary structures then, as long as they're safe (checked by the local council or safety officer), that's fine.

You see non-league clubs erecting temporary stands for big FA Cup games sometimes. Those stands wouldn't be allowed as part of the ground grading but they're allowed to be used for games.

Sandhurst had some of their seats set alight last season by vandals meaning their stand was out of action for a while. Because of that, temporarily, they didn't have the minimum number of seats but that would only have mattered if they were relying on those seats to be in action when the graders visited if they were looking for promotion.

Edited by VPCTFC

The lack of an answer from our well respected anoraks on here,by not answering my simple question regarding temporary railings at Footes Lane.

Only the FA can answer this so it's not really a simple question.

My view is that they can't be used as part of the ground grading as it's not a permanent barrier. I assume Footes Lane has one of those beyond the running track though.

If there is a permanent barrier furthur back then the ground satisfies the gradings. If a club then decides to erect temporary structures then, as long as they're safe (checked by the local council or safety officer), that's fine.

You see non-league clubs erecting temporary stands for big FA Cup games sometimes. Those stands wouldn't be allowed as part of the ground grading but they're allowed to be used for games.

Sandhurst had some of their seats set alight last season by vandals meaning their stand was out of action for a while. Because of that, temporarily, they didn't have the minimum number of seats but that would only have mattered if they were relying on those seats to be in action when the graders visited if they were looking for promotion.

There you go Smudgeyboy ! Our very own anorak who has done some of his own homework to satisfy your needs (Well done VP! ).

Now stop being so negative. I feel like a stuck record on this thread saying that: a) The FA have accepted Guernsey The CCL have accepted Guernsey c) The CCL member clubs have accepted Guernsey.

As said before, there WILL be teething problems like any new project, but they over time can be ironed out along the way.

Guernsey have offered something to the CCL which is a breath of fresh air. Going to Guernsey if planned correctly will be good for all the other CCL clubs to enjoy, and what an experience for each clubs management and for the players to play at a nice stadium, on a very good pitch, in front of +1000 spectators and I am confident that they and all members of Guernsey FC will make all other CCL clubs very welcome, in that I have no doubt.

Unfortunately, altho' the same cannot be said with Guernsey away support, at least they may want to visit the mainland (sight seeing maybe) and see what other CCL clubs have to offer, infact it wouldn't surpise me that on a few occasions they will bring more supporters than the home team have !

Okay it's not AFC Wimbledon financially, but why would you want to stop the opportunity for the management and players to experience and enjoy something once,( unless drawn in the cup) that many, if not all, will never experience again...... somewhat a tad selfish Smudgeyboy !

Edited by NICE GUY

As said before, there WILL be teething problems like any new project, but they over time can be ironed out along the way.

Agree with NG on this. I'm sure there be the odd hiccup but most people appreciate that and think the positives will outweigh any negatives. Worst come to worst, it's possible that the CCL will only have to deal with it for two seasons anyway.

Edited by bomaya

Nice Stadium,you are such a hypocrite.

Hypocrite ? It's only what I've read Smudgeyboy, only what I've read............ I've never been there so how can I judge, but with +1000 supporters I can imagine that it will have a good ATMOSPHERE and should not be a SOULESS place unlike others such as ....................... LOL !!!

Agree with NG on this. I'm sure there be the odd hiccup but most people appreciate that and think the positives will outweigh any negatives. Worst come to worst, it's possible that the CCL will only have to deal with it for two seasons anyway.

Careful Bommie, you agreeing with me.......!!!

When you stick to talking football and not trolling, you usually talk sense! :350:

When you stick to talking football and not trolling, you usually talk sense! :350:

Trolling ? .................only when standing my ground for one's self !!!

I thought all had one quiet on the guernsey front as no new posts in this topic but I see smudge has started another topic on holiday fixtures. Mods, can we please just get people to stick to one topic please.Smudge, please change the record, your constant whinging is becoming very tiresome.

That thread has been locked because I was naughty.

Eastside, just a matter of intereset. Obviously a Hornchurch supporter, so can I ask why you come on the CCL forum ? Is your own forum boring and not as lively as the Infamous CCL forum ? .....lol !!!

with all due respects,this forum is run by Ian W,not your good self so i think if anyone should decide who goes onto what forum it should be him.

I doubt he set these forums up so people would stick to just the one forum,and yes our forums are usually dead this time of year.

Anyhow,i am interested in Guernsey and their plight,therefore,playing in YOUR league,this is obviously the place to discuss things.

PS smudge,before you stated you had no allegiance to any CCL club but were therefore a groundhopper.But how comes you only hop onto here,most hoppers have an interest in all non league,not just one league?? But perhaps you are an elderly hopper in a mobility scooter and therefore i would understand how travelling further afield would be a problem.Perhaps this explains why you appear anti Guernsey???

Edited by Eastside Urchin

with all due respects,this forum is run by Ian W,not your good self so i think if anyone should decide who goes onto what forum it should be him.

I doubt he set these forums up so people would stick to just the one forum,and yes our forums are usually dead this time of year.

Anyhow,i am interested in Guernsey and their plight,therefore,playing in YOUR league,this is obviously the place to discuss things.

Okay Eastside, chill out......... I've only asked a logical question as to your interest in the CCL Forum thats all. You've replied and mentioned that your forum is boring, infact we welcome anyone on our site more the merrier......... !

PS smudge,before you stated you had no allegiance to any CCL club but were therefore a groundhopper.But how comes you only hop onto here,most hoppers have an interest in all non league,not just one league?? But perhaps you are an elderly hopper in a mobility scooter and therefore i would understand how travelling further afield would be a problem.Perhaps this explains why you appear anti Guernsey???

E.U. How low will you stoop with your remarks.Do not know you from Adam,but perhaps this eldery hopper,in a mobility scooter,fancies taking you on in a race for Charity,Say £50 for Help a London Child.Distance 100 metres.FANCY IT.you are by the way a disgrace to this site,so any future posts by you on here,if deemed to be offensive,will be removed.

Ha ha pmsl.

You really are a Pratt mate,are you the self imposed leader of this site.

It's amazing how anyone who doesn't like what you say is deemed a disgrace yet from what I see you do more to disgrace the ccl than I ever could.By all means delete what you like but carry on that way and your precious site will be dead within months.I have heard far worse on here than I have put but as long as they are part of your brigade it's not a problem is it???

And no,I don't want a race for charity,if I want to give £50 to charity I will simply give it to the said charity,not concoct some race to self promote yourself