Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Transfers

Jemel we signed as we are short up front and Gavin came to train and Impressed.

Lee was always going to return when work allowed.

I see Eversley signed 5 players this week - is that panicking too? The deadline for new signings is tomorrow. I'd suggest the clubs at the top strengthining is a wise move don't you ?

JJ is a wide player and has always wanted to play there. On the odd occasion he was asked to play as a striker he really did not want to. Must be a different JJ :-)

Couldn't agree more. Promotion from Div 1 will all come down to who has a squad big enough to cope with the last 10 games which will now come thick and fast. After all the hard work and effort which has gone into getting into the promotion run-in why risk losing out because the squad isn't big or strong enough to cope. Managers whose team is chasing promotion will now want to try and secure that promotion and I'm sure that means doing everything possible to give them the best opportunity to do so, and if that means making 2/3/4 more signings then fine. I'm not surprised that Westfield, Eversley and Frimley have all tried to strengthen before the deadline - I'm sure neither of them will want to miss out now!

Personally, I think there all smashing the panic button. There squads have done the hard work and their signing players to get them over the line? That squad hasn't failed them in the 28 games so far, why would that all of a sudden change?

Eversley making FIVE signings is tragic. Their 3rd, 8 games to play in 5 weeks and they want depth in there squad for what? That's not even 2 games a week.

If the manager doesn't have faith in the squad he's put together over the past 9 months tonsee out the job, then maybe he's in the wrong job.

Maybe Eversley are signing players to ensure they aren't caught out by injuries in the next 5 weeks.

You make the incorrect assumption that these players are replacing the existing players.

Very similar to what Farnborough have done with Page. Duel signing players to ensure you aren't caught out after the transfer deadline is very common practice at this level.

If you think your short you must sign BUT if you bring in too many it can kill moral

Is a difficult balancing act I agree bob. Sensible to strengthen but tough on the guys that may now be bombed having helped you get where you are. Dont envy managers that job in the slightest.

Your right - our squad have worked very hard and got us in a great position but at a cost. A few out for the season. I'm sure MV would love us to replace them with reserve players but our manager rightly feels we replace quality with quality

Your right - our squad have worked very hard and got us in a great position but at a cost. A few out for the season. I'm sure MV would love us to replace them with reserve players but our manager rightly feels we replace quality with quality

A few out for the season.. What a coindence that they've all suddenly got injured around about the same time as the registration deadline. If I was a bench player that had been with a team all season, someone got injured then they brought another player in I'd be fuming!

Like I said, 8 games before the end of the season if the manager hasn't got the right squad then surely there's something wrong there? He's had since July to get it right.

Either way you look at it, it's either poor management or they've hit the panic button!

I wonder if MV finish outside the top 3 whether you'll have the same opinion Allstar. If Phil Page gets injured playing for Farnborogh and misses some crucial games for you then you may just be kicking yourselves. If managers can strengthen at this time of year then credit to them.

Phil Page as far as I'm aware, being a supporter of the club is only available for Farnborough if MV don't have a game which at this stage is going to be unlikely and funnily enough MV have 6 other attacking options if Something was to happen. Well prepared in my opinion

Phil Page as far as I'm aware, being a supporter of the club is only available for Farnborough if MV don't have a game which at this stage is going to be unlikely and funnily enough MV have 6 other attacking options if Something was to happen. Well prepared in my opinion

I think you're absolutely right, AllStar !

MV First, then Farnborough if not required.

Apparat - Godalming's squad has been at the top end of Southern league div 1 central all season yet Messers Baker and Underwood have chosen to dual register three or four players from higher clubs (Met Police being one) so they have enough cover to see them through the season. You could argue that MV panicked earlier in the season if they have six or seven options up front already. How have they all been kept happy? not playing in the Elite league reserve section that's for sure.

JJ - I've only seen the other JJ play twice but you must have a hell of a squad if he can't fit in it somewhere. I don't think thats the answer based on your league position mind you. a different slant on this one as well - maybe he wasn't managed well enough at Chertsey? Time will tell I guess.

Johnno you seem to have an issue with JJ as you do with most players who don't agree with you. I see you think Tom is good enough for Farnborough but I don't think he is good enough for Step 4. Opinions are key to a forum and that is mine.

Good result for the Green yesterday by the way and another easy win tomorrow. After tomorrow the league will be over, trust me.

Welcome back Easy Game. So which other players do I have an issue with?

For the record, JJ and his ability is unquestionable at step6 & step5. At step 4 against better quality defenders, he was not so good although still at times was excellent. His time keeping, commitment and attitude was the issue. As good as he is, other issues created the reason why we let him go. Nice lad, got on with him great, but off field issues were the problem!

The longer journeys at step 4 would necessitate earlier meet times so I can see time keeping may be an issue JJ - fair point. As I said, my judgement of the lad is based on two games and time will tell. He looks good enough to me to be a real game changer at step 5 and 6 at least.

Abusing is a strong word. It was over the top and certainly uncalled for and not in keeping with what our excellent supporters have been about in the past. It's an isolated incident that has been dealt with. It won't happen again.

The longer journeys at step 4 would necessitate earlier meet times so I can see time keeping may be an issue JJ - fair point. As I said, my judgement of the lad is based on two games and time will tell. He looks good enough to me to be a real game changer at step 5 and 6 at least.

Any step 6/5 club having JJ's signature have got themselves a very good player and certainly a game changer with his pace. Knaphill must be disappointed to have lost him to Westfield.