Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor Fc

Great Post NCEL,but without Sportingbets sponsorship,Guernsey FC would not exist.Could you tell me,as you seem to have a great knowledge of all things Guernsey,do any of the Players work for other Guernsey Sponsors,or earn a decent living out of Coaching on the Island.

Edited by Smudge

As far as I'm know Gus (who is the FDO for the local FA) is the only one who works full time in football. A couple of them help with coaching in the holidays and after school.

Re other sponsors, I don't think so but then if a local finance company employed one of them and maybe paid for an advertising board, I don't think it would really cover what you're getting at (players being indirectly employed by GFC).

i think that the money Steve Dewnship puts in to GFC helps them out as well, Smudge.

Mark and Matt Le Tissier must surely have connections as well.

In today's Guernsey Press they report on the situation at Windsor. Interesting they have used Nice Guy's rumour on the budget. Good to see where they do their research!

In today's Guernsey Press they report on the situation at Windsor. Interesting they have used Nice Guy's rumour on the budget. Good to see where they do their research!

HKP post a link please, N.G's head will get even bigger.He probably sold them the info,google,facebook,bing,are regular readers of this forum,be pointless reading the Guernsey one,it is deader than a DODO.

OH DEAR,can see a writ in the post,for that unfactual piece of Rubbish Journalism.Still would expect no more,from whoever writes the Football related articles in the Guernsey Press.Regularly uses words like MAULED,HAMMERED in his reports.

Edited by Smudge

I've had my say on the poor reporting.

Just awaiting moderation before being published !

HKP post a link please, N.G's head will get even bigger.He probably sold them the info,google,facebook,bing,are regular readers of this forum,be pointless reading the Guernsey one,it is deader than a DODO.

Most mocked me and that included you TWO FACE....... ;) !

To be honest guys NG is spot on. The budget was £1800 a week and that is a fact. The only thing wrong with that is that you dont

need that to win the CCP !

Hurrah !!! At last someone who agrees with me thanks Krusty. Now Windorites are we happy now ! I did warn you all at the beginning of last season but none of you would listen everything was beautiful and rosy.... Perhaps I'm not all the names one has called me eh :P !!!

Gloat ? You bet your bottom dollar after the abuse I got ....... maybe you Windsor supporters have been kept in the dark as to what is going on, ?

Last season going well for promotion and loving it, now promotion is of second importance and now it doesn't matter as long as the club survives, should have thought about that last season, then perhaps these drastic measures need not have happened., ;) !

BTW Krusty, I've already mentioned you don't need £1800 a-week to win the league !...,, you would infact do well having that in the Ryman/Southern League let alone CCL.....but what do we kow :D !!!

C'est la Vie !!! .

This is all very interesting, but also pretty much irrelevant.

How many times do we see successful businessmen become football chairmen and then let the heart rule the business decisions. Perhaps this is simply the chairman injecting a little reality to the situation. It's well known what the plans were meant to be, modest budget and get the club running, but maybe an over ambitious manager encouraging the situation led to an unrealistic situation.

IF the budget was £1800 (and I have no idea if it was) this is clearly more than enough to build a CCL winning side, in the right hands!!

NG - you say the money was wasted, probably was, but it happened and now a more sensible approach has been put in place. I for one applaud Kevin's decision and we should not underestimate how difficult it must have been.

Do you hold a position on the committee Rother?

Rother doesn't but up until a few weeks ago I did. No-one on the committee at WFC has ever divulged the budget on an internet forum and I hope never will. It is a subject that should always remain confidential. Would we want to discuss our own prsonal finances on an internet forum? Of course not.

Kevin Stott has done the right thing and he has my full support. All that is needed is for the townsfolk of Windsor to get behind the club and support it to the hilt.