Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor Fc

Nice Guy,

Without money (the amount is relative) at any level of the game, clubs will suffer.

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows won't pay the bills!

No surprise that NG is wheeling out all the old rubbish.

I am absolutely delighted with the decisionKeviin made. To the players who will leave, I wish them all the very best with their future playing careers wherever they may be. They are a great bunch of lads and really good people to boot. I for one will miss every one of them - not just from a playing perspective but from a personal one as well. To those that stay, thank you. What you can do is to raise the profile of the club locally and, hopefully, become future legends. Great times await.

I have known Kevin for quite a few years now.

He has had connections with Dorking in the past.

I fully applaud his actions at Windsor.

For the record, I have been a guest at Stag Meadow on quite a few occasions, and have always found them extremely friendly.

If any football team manager expects all or the majority of the budget to be ploughed into his team, then I'm afraid he lives a deluded cloud-cuckoo existance.

I wish Kevin, Steve, Mal and all the others at Windsor all the best in the future.

Edited by Big J R

Nice Guy,

Without money (the amount is relative) at any level of the game, clubs will suffer.

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows won't pay the bills!

A

Adam, another stupid statement, you're moving the goal posts, you don't support Windsor do you ;) lol !

You stated on your previous post '' without a MONEY MAN/MONEY MEN how do you properly finance a club'' All I said tis that you don't need a MONEY MAN/MONEY MEN to run a club, there are many, many clubs that run without these moneyman/men and most struggle. My point is when will clubs ever learn that when the MONEYMAN/MEN goes, you can see what happens at ALL levels of football.....

Unfortunately, many non-league clubs survive on a shoe string, so when someone with dosh comes along its very difficuilt to ignore the offer but inveriably there is an alterior motive, it lasts for a short while, all is hunky-dorey then they go, it leaves the good honest club folk to pick up the pieces, and if they can't the club closes down which has happened far too often as we all well know.

Its a difficult one....... .

Oh dear the poor players that will get 'screwed over'.

The same players that have left other ccl clubs during last season and this to join Windsor with not much of a care as to the club they have left behind as long as they receive increased 'expenses'.

Not a lot of sympathy here.

Player loyalty is very rare, they follow the bucks............. so agree Stupot but to those who have remained loyal, I feel for those players but Windsor is only a season old..... ;) !!!

Give the man at the helm sum due N.G.Maybe the plans set out did not come to fruition as soon as expected ie 3 G usage.So he has taken sensible action in my opinion,by pulling the Budget,short term pain,for long term gain.What always marvels me is the talk about Players Budget,for the Reason does the Manager not take his share out of the Budget,

No surprise that NG is wheeling out all the old rubbish.

I am absolutely delighted with the decision Keviin made. To the players who will leave, I wish them all the very best with their future playing careers wherever they may be. They are a great bunch of lads and really good people to boot. I for one will miss every one of them - not just from a playing perspective but from a personal one as well. To those that stay, thank you. What you can do is to raise the profile of the club locally and, hopefully, become future legends. Great times await.

Old Rubbish, but is it, short memories when it suits !!!

Well of course you're happy with the decision, 'cos the club wanted and thought they would get immediate promotion on their massive budget, which they should have but didn't, so now the club have seen the light, they have moved the goal posts aided by the arrival of Guernsey. Here is one for you Windsor forumites. If you are so happy with this new decision, why wasn't this decision made when Windsor were a brand new club last season, instead of throwing away £65000 ?

I recall saying, if Scott couldn't get Windsor promotion on £1800-a-week then he should be seen as failed especially without any cup silverware to boot. Well I'm almost right, no budget and manager gone potless..

I said at the beginning of last season, check the posts, what a waste of money which if that amount was budgeted for, which it clearly was, that money could have been used on the club. and reducing the budget by half would have kept Windsor in the top 6 maybe even higher, thats when the mnager comes into his own and worth his weight in gold.....

I will be coming to see a few games at Stag Meadow this season to see the young talent the Youth team manger can bring to the table now being the 1st team manager......will be interesting, looking forward to it. .

Again, all the Windsor forumites still have not answered, would the chairman have pulled the players budget had Windsor got promoted. Don't avoid the question, its a simple reply ......... :P !

Give the man at the helm sum due N.G.Maybe the plans set out did not come to fruition as soon as expected ie 3 G usage.So he has taken sensible action in my opinion,by pulling the Budget,short term pain,for long term gain.What always marvels me is the talk about Players Budget,for the Reason does the Manager not take his share out of the Budget,

TWO FACE you are missing my point, you should have read in my other posts ! I am not against Windsors new decision, infact I think its a good and sensible decision. Yes the manager has the right to take a wage for himself and his staff if he wants, how much is his own decision within the amount given to the manager each week, obviously the less the management took the morecth eplayers got and vise-versa.

But my comment as stated above, is why didn't this decision be made last season when they started up ? Would this decidion be made IF they got promoted ?.

So as it was you and you alone,who said that the Budget was £1800,from your alledged inside sources.Using your vast knowledge of how Budgets work at a higher level,as you have been there,done it,worn the Tee Shirt.What would your guess be at the Managers/Staff take.

Again, all the Windsor forumites still have not answered, would the chairman have pulled the players budget had Windsor got promoted. Don't avoid the question, its a simple reply ......... :P !

You of course won't accept the answer because it doesn't fit with what you already believe but I'll give you the answer... Same decision.

Whether we had gained promotion or not the anticipated income streams would still not have materialised so Kevin would still have faced an ongoing deficit which he was never prepared to fund apart from Season 1.

As I told you many many times last season, but you chose to ignore it of course (look back on the old posts if you like) Stott passionately DOES NOT believe there is a place for the benefactor model in modern non-league football and he would have reached same decision.

Why we started the season with what appeared to be the same model I couldn't say - only Kevin can answer that one, but sometimes difficult decisions get put off. I am happy he had his Olympics epiphany, for his sake rather than mine, if that makes sense.

The players and management will be fine as they've all shown enough to find a new club without much trouble so I'm not going to feel sorry for them but to each and every one of them who moves on, thanks for the last year or so - it's been extremely enjoyable and I, like everyone else, wish you well for the future. To those who decide to stay, expect a bloody brilliant ovation onto the pitch at the 1st game in the new regime!!!

So as it was you and you alone,who said that the Budget was £1800,from your alledged inside sources.Using your vast knowledge of how Budgets work at a higher level,as you have been there,done it,worn the Tee Shirt.What would your guess be at the Managers/Staff take.

Difficult one TWO FACE as all managers work in different ways and situations vary, (ie) how many staff one has and depends how greedy one wants to be ! One would have thought that you discuss wages with players and adjust accordingly, but other managers say I'm paying this amount to my staff the rest distributed amongst the players.

I would discuss management budget with what my staff would be looking for, then with the balance I would discuss with the players, then IF there is any left over whatever it be, I would only take enough to cover my expenses, so if there was more over in the kitty, I would keep that for a rainy day, if there was less than my expenses so be it.

Whether I took money or not, I would still give everything I have to have a successful team or the best they can be, money doesn't make me work any harder. Its like strikers, if you offer them a goal bonus do they try any harder ?

. ,

So lets just say you had an Imaginary £1800,which was available for staff, you would need an Assistant Manager/Coach,Goalkeeping Coach,Physio,Kitman.What would be in your opinion a fair share for you to take as expenses.

Edited by Smudge

So lets just say you had an Imaginary £1800 which was available for staff, you would need an Assistant Manager/Coach,Goalkeeping Coach,Physio,Kitman.What would be in your opinion a fair share for you to take as expenses.

TWO FACE, I know your game, you're trying to put me up to get shot down aren't you ;) !!!!

WHAT ! £1800 for my staff !!!!! One can have too many managing staff in my opinion certainly at CCL level as this could give out confusing messages when all are talking to players. I've seen joint managers, 2 assistant mangers, 3 coaches all at THIS level ! No doubt all doing this for enjoyment (sometimes),, to gain experience (if young) and not getting paid.

To save costs I wouldn't necessarily have a kit man, but this does depend on what the kitman responsibilities are,(ie) wash etc., or just pack, lay out and re-pack after the game ? 1 assistant manager, 1 no more than 2 coaches, one goalkeeper coach, a

stat-man and you HAVE to have a physio that would probably be my 1st team management.

Again, it depends as some management teams at CCL many do their jobs for free, voluntarily and enjoyment so depending who I could get, IF I HAD TO pay out probably @ £300/£400 a week. .

Never entered my head to get you Shot down, I value your comments on monetary matters.What would your expenses be?Tim O'Shea was on a grand a week at Croydon Athletic,thats why he shed tears when they went bust,not because he had any feeling for the Club.Likewise the Windsor Manager who can only get a decent side,with an over the Top Budget.He obviously was not doing it for the love of the job,else he would still be there.Would you of stayed,gone with the Youth and the few that remained?

You of course won't accept the answer because it doesn't fit with what you already believe but I'll give you the answer... Same decision.

Whether we had gained promotion or not the anticipated income streams would still not have materialised so Kevin would still have faced an ongoing deficit which he was never prepared to fund apart from Season 1.

As I told you many many times last season, but you chose to ignore it of course (look back on the old posts if you like) Stott passionately DOES NOT believe there is a place for the benefactor model in modern non-league football and he would have reached same decision.

Why we started the season with what appeared to be the same model I couldn't say - only Kevin can answer that one, but sometimes difficult decisions get put off. I am happy he had his Olympics epiphany, for his sake rather than mine, if that makes sense.

The players and management will be fine as they've all shown enough to find a new club without much trouble so I'm not going to feel sorry for them but to each and every one of them who moves on, thanks for the last year or so - it's been extremely enjoyable and I, like everyone else, wish you well for the future. To those who decide to stay, expect a bloody brilliant ovation onto the pitch at the 1st game in the new regime!!!

All good stuff Rother and am pleased if they are the reasons he is doing it. But my 1 question is why, if only funding for Season 1, did he withdraw the money after 6/7 games of the new season. That is what doesnt make sense to me. All the business sense around it is right just that one strange fact.

More pointless blether from grown men who act like children. I was thinking Smudge was saying he was bored with this site because he needed a hug, but exchanges like this point to a different conclusion. By the way, Windsor v Egham Town on Monday. Should be interesting. O'Toole is suspended. See you there?