Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sat 19th December Match Thread

Raynes Park Vale 2 Horley Town 3

Hard faught win in difficult conditions. Town took the lead midway through the first half after having several good chances to score throughLeyton Regan. Just before half time Raynes Park had a playerst of for stamping on a Town player but the other player who through a punch stayed on the pitch! It was still one nil at half time. Against the ten men of Raynes Park Town struggled to adapt and all credit to Raynes Park they got back into the game. Town pushed foward and Leyton Regan grabbed his second to put Town back in front. Again Raynes Park would not lay down and they got a very dubious penalty from Skipper Adam Pullen when all those near the incedent said it was not. Colliers Wood scored from the penalty past George Hyde. Town brought on Sub Ashley Nadesan and pushed for the winner. Jack Poplett made a great run into the box but was brought down as the last player but the referee just awarded a penalty. Ashley stepped up and scored the winner for Town. Good credit to Raynes Park who never stopped running. Great Horley Town following today easily out number the home supporters and a number of Ground hoppers as well.

Every time we go to Raynes Park it looks more like a bomb site how they get a grading to be in the league?

First to admit that the game wasn't great. All I did though was comment on current form. A few people seem quite happy that Ash lost. congratulations to the victors, and nobody who was there could claim Ash were bad losers.

You are sadly mistaken if you think I'm happy with yesterday result...been supporting the green army for a life time( over 30yrs) & hate seeing them lose

Hard faught win in difficult conditions. Town took the lead midway through the first half after having several good chances to score throughLeyton Regan. Just before half time Raynes Park had a playerst of for stamping on a Town player but the other player who through a punch stayed on the pitch! It was still one nil at half time. Against the ten men of Raynes Park Town struggled to adapt and all credit to Raynes Park they got back into the game. Town pushed foward and Leyton Regan grabbed his second to put Town back in front. Again Raynes Park would not lay down and they got a very dubious penalty from Skipper Adam Pullen when all those near the incedent said it was not. Colliers Wood scored from the penalty past George Hyde. Town brought on Sub Ashley Nadesan and pushed for the winner. Jack Poplett made a great run into the box but was brought down as the last player but the referee just awarded a penalty. Ashley stepped up and scored the winner for Town. Good credit to Raynes Park who never stopped running. Great Horley Town following today easily out number the home supporters and a number of Ground hoppers as well.

Every time we go to Raynes Park it looks more like a bomb site how they get a grading to be in the league?

Good signing that!  :lol:

That surely IS a question for the League ?

Edited by Big J R

Thanks for your view Ashford Bee.  I will be taking it up with the management of our team.  Clearly unacceptable from our point of view.  We will be putting in place procedures to ensure it doesn't happen again.

The report from our win over Sutton Common Rovers is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/Fix2015.16-31.html

This was a very even game for large parts of the match before we stepped up early in the second half and scored with three great strikes in 8 minutes. The second came about after a defender error, but for that spell alone we deserved to win and their 90th minute consolation was just that.

One of my good friends at SCR is still concerned for their survival this season. Whilst technically, anyone from 6th downwards can't be considered safe, based on the turnaround we saw from many clubs in the second half of last season, I believe they will be fine and are a stronger team this season who may yet go further in the Vase too.

Just a quick note on a couple of other points raised in this thread. Firstly, I see Carthorse is having a go (quite rightly) at the Raynes Park Vale ground. I now expect him to be savaged on here for stating the obvious, unless of course one person can criticise a ground but another can't, even if they both say what they see! 

And yes, maybe the league or even the F.A. should be looking into this more carefully at the very least from a health and safety perspective. They had a £50k grant not long ago, yet appeared to spend it on the clubhouse! If that was always the plan I am amazed they got the grant in the first place.

Secondly, what is the situation or requirement for clubs to leave the dressing rooms in a "decent" state?

Bedfont Sports decided to name and shame us on Twitter not that long ago too, and if there is a league requirement for teams to do something in that area after the game, then they should have raised it with our club first, as is also the case with Camberley, instead of trying to gain some moral high ground on social media. If there is no requirement to do this, then where does it end? Do we have to take a picture of a club's boardroom and say there weren't enough sandwiches available?

Bedfont Sports have nice facilities, much of which have been paid for by someone else. Good luck to them. Many other clubs wish they could be given as much towards their grounds, I am sure. It doesn't give them a right to moan about something if there is no requirement to do it in the first place.

Edited by E&E Rich

Thanks for your view Ashford Bee. I will be taking it up with the management of our team. Clearly unacceptable from our point of view. We will be putting in place procedures to ensure it doesn't happen again.

What happened mate and are u now an official of the club must have been bad to rattle you

Rich,forget the Requirement,it is surely Respect for another Teams facilities that counts above all else.

And your knocking in a roundabout way of 2 decent Clubs of what they do with grants given by various sources,is very poor on your behalf.A lot of hard work was put in by people to get these grants,it is a shame that your club cannot apply for any grants,as the main requirement is you have to have your own ground in the first place to qualify.

SOUR GRAPES?

I get the respect bit entirely Smudge. However, It shows a lack of respect in my book tweeting that a club has done something seen to be wrong, but not actually breaking any rules without taking it up with us themselves first.

As for knocking RPV, I only repeated what has already been said about RPV in the same thread but I don't see you knocking that person. As usual just because I support a  club without a ground, I'm excluded in some people's blinkered eyes from being able to have an opinion on something, despite the fact I've been to more grounds than any of you and am perfectly qualified to judge. As for a lot of hard work being put in, do me a favour. All they did was apply to Budweiser through their competition a few years back. They didn't have to jump through the numerous hoops that are required when applying for football foundation grants, they just applied and won. The bottom line is Carthorse is right. Grand Drive looks like a bomb site and it matters not whether I say it, or somebody else. It's still a fact.

As for sour grapes, it's a pity that your thought process hasn't improved while you have been away. I've said it before but again it looks like I'll have to repeat myself, that I think it's wrong that one club gets given so much more than the others in this league, just because they know how to fill in the paperwork. It's got bugger all to do with who I support. Name me another club in our division that has got half what Bedfont Sports have received in grants. As I said earlier, good luck to them, if you don't ask, you don't get, but there are many other clubs equally deserving out there and that is my point. 

Just for once stop trying to read between the lines to find a story that isn't there. Then maybe there would be a bit more respect for your posts.

Bedfont Sports is probably the best run club in the CCL thanks to the hard graft put in by Dave and Terry Reader.

It was only 6 years ago when I made my first visit there,pitch not great,no seats/stands,no floodlights,pokey clubhouse,changing rooms where it was hard to swing a cat.Dave and Terry should be applauded for what they have given their local community,not ridiculed as to how they fill in paperwork so well.

I get the respect bit entirely Smudge. However, It shows a lack of respect in my book tweeting that a club has done something seen to be wrong, but not actually breaking any rules without taking it up with us themselves first.

As for knocking RPV, I only repeated what has already been said about RPV in the same thread but I don't see you knocking that person. As usual just because I support a  club without a ground, I'm excluded in some people's blinkered eyes from being able to have an opinion on something, despite the fact I've been to more grounds than any of you and am perfectly qualified to judge. As for a lot of hard work being put in, do me a favour. All they did was apply to Budweiser through their competition a few years back. They didn't have to jump through the numerous hoops that are required when applying for football foundation grants, they just applied and won. The bottom line is Carthorse is right. Grand Drive looks like a bomb site and it matters not whether I say it, or somebody else. It's still a fact.

As for sour grapes, it's a pity that your thought process hasn't improved while you have been away. I've said it before but again it looks like I'll have to repeat myself, that I think it's wrong that one club gets given so much more than the others in this league, just because they know how to fill in the paperwork. It's got bugger all to do with who I support. Name me another club in our division that has got half what Bedfont Sports have received in grants. As I said earlier, good luck to them, if you don't ask, you don't get, but there are many other clubs equally deserving out there and that is my point. 

Just for once stop trying to read between the lines to find a story that isn't there. Then maybe there would be a bit more respect for your posts.

How do you know you've been to more grounds than me? Or anyone else for that matter?

Bedfont Sports is probably the best run club in the CCL thanks to the hard graft put in by Dave and Terry Reader.

It was only 6 years ago when I made my first visit there,pitch not great,no seats/stands,no floodlights,pokey clubhouse,changing rooms where it was hard to swing a cat.Dave and Terry should be applauded for what they have given their local community,not ridiculed as to how they fill in paperwork so well.

Agreed Smudge. Nicest ground in the CCL. Terry and Dave are good blokes. It wasn't all Budweiser money. Some was Football Foundation and the proviso for a grant from them is that you match the amount they donate.

Agreed Smudge. Nicest ground in the CCL. Terry and Dave are good blokes. It wasn't all Budweiser money. Some was Football Foundation and the proviso for a grant from them is that you match the amount they donate.

I would have thought their fantastic youth set up got them a lot of the way towards the grants. I'm pretty sure you need to have chartered status to get the grants and they have that for certain. I wonder if the Readers do tax returns as well?

Well another good thread.  Should we respect others facilities ?  Of course we should.  However if we consider they haven't what is the right way in dealing with it.  Is it using your official twitter feed ?  I am not sure it is.

On more than 1 occasion this year teams have failed to come into our bar and eat the food that has been cooked by them.  Also I certainly know that the away dug out has been left in a right state with rubbish left when there is a bin there by more than 1 club.  It would appear now the way forward is to just take a picture and put it on twitter and perhaps I will start doing that. 

Or maybe it is to mention it to the club concerned and if I can judge the majority of clubs in the CCL the off field team will be devastated.

This is the modern world.

(good old Paul Weller)

See something you don't like, take pic with phone, press button, hashtag your anger, upload to all your media apps.

Or you could tap someone human on the shoulder and ask if they have finished in the room...

We all make mistakes, one person missing and some job doesn't get done.

As someone wiser than me said recently, It's hard enough anyway, let's not create problems for ourselves.

Firstly, I have at no point ever ridiculed them for what they have done. I really wonder about you Smudge. Do you actually read what I write or just make it up as you go along?

As for probably being the best run club in the CCL, firstly, how do you know that and secondly how do you define that? A bit of a wild statement no doubt based on your time there. I could suggest favouritism but that would be speculation on my part.

I would reiterate that many clubs at our level would have a nice neat and tidy ground if they had been given the money they had.

Bronco, apologies, I should have said "almost certainly". My tally is currently 525 though, just for the record, so I am certainly qualified to judge and "almost certainly" more qualified than most. As for football foundation grants, you do not always need to put up 50%. Certainly having a youth policy is an advantage and it's one that all clubs at our level should be following up if at all possible. Most in our division do already,

I have no doubt Bedfont Sports have their own fund raising facilities too as they are well organised. With a decent revenue stream, you could argue that there should be less reliance on grants than the less well off clubs could do a lot with, but that discussion is for another day. 

I would disagree about it being the nicest ground in the CCL though, as there are others that are at least equally nice to visit. Windsor and Westfield come ahead of Bedfont Sports quite clearly, while others like Horley, Knaphill, Camberley and Chertsey are well appointed too and the latter two have character also. That's without including SCR or ourselves as obviously they are not really CCL grounds. I enjoy my visits there. It has a nice clubhouse, although the ground itself is still basic and the car park is dangerous, so to call it the best in the League at this time is a little premature. As I said above, many other grounds would have nicer facilities too if they had been given the additional finance. Except Raynes Park obviously.

Edited by E&E Rich