Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

All quiet on the Enfield Front

Social media alive with rumours that he has joined-up and will be alongside a long-time friend and team-mate (at 3 of his former clubs) who is already with us. All very interesting. 

Given that twitter suggests its a secret, I shall say no more!

Edited by The Crowing Cockerel

make that  3  only ones I know of is sykes still at canvey reid is at Tonbridge ,,,, or we could  recall  peter burton noel ashford john knapman paul furlong or  rudi hall

bad English  im the 3rd person not to know who it is

2 deffo not with us .......... Sykes still at Canvey .....................Alex  Reid gone to Tonbridge

I would love a rejuvenated Noel Ashford but even at his current age I doubt if we could afford him. There are not many players who have helped 3 clubs to the top of the conference in as many years. Enfield FC ( Out voted from going into the Football League by the northern old boys club and a deal made by the Conference League),  Barnet FC ( 1st Auotomatic Promotion to League) and  Maidstone FC (Also auto: promotion to the League). 

But all that is water under the bridge.

Mind you we are all going to feel silly if nothing happens to morrow or if it's another import from Chesham. But it all adds spice to the start to the new season. For what it's worth my guess is someone beginning with "S" although "B" sounds a good front runner based on Crowing C's clue. Leaving only 24 letters left!!!

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Proven goal scorer - delighted that he has joined the Town!! A statement of intent. We have a good squad. Wondering what the “goals scored to tattoos” ratio is?! 10 to 1?!

I also like the manager’s footwear - he looks like he’s lost some weight ahead of pre-season training - good for him!!

Welcome to the Town, Billy - massive signing!

One player may not make a team but a top goalscorer could be huge for this team. Think the Town fans are going to love Billy - time for him to make himself a hero in his birthplace.

A bold move by the board and a vote of confidence in the manager by a top player. Well done to everybody involved in getting this over the line.

Can't wait for the season to get started!