Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Leatherhead

seemgee

The manager has had enough time and lots of opportunities. I’ve always said he needs to be given time to prove himself, but I agree Wildlife, now it’s  time to go. 

Best wishes to Ryan, hope he’s ok, didn’t look too good. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

This morning I wrote about the management team to be bold to day and and go for it. What do we get  the same old routine. It is way out of date like AL's famous black book. 

I cannot believe what I have seen :-

A disjointed team with no noticeable tactics, direction or desire. Who would have thought they were playing for a playoff place. It was more like they had already been relegated.

Blackman and Rumens instead of Mulley and Payne (Although I am terribly sorry to see Blackman sustain what look like a serious injury as I left the ground and sincerely hope that it was not as bad as it looked)

Hatton ,the only mobile central defender taken off and Rumans left on to boot the ball all over the place.

Jay Porter coming on with only a few minutes to play. Touted as one of the best backs in the league he must wonder what he has done wrong.

But most of all a manager who has continually denuded his playing staff off most of the young players in order to fit in old hands in the twilight of their careers.     

If the manager and his coaching staff are still in place next year then my support and membership of Enfield/Enfd Town, starting 1947, will have come to end.

Finally if the Board decide to seek a new manager will they please try to co-opt someone who has experience of non league football at our level to sit in at interviews. Also don't be seduced by an applicant having played at Football league level as it does not necessarily mean they are qualified to manage. This is born out by the number of ex-professional players who fail their coaching badges at St Georges against those of self funded non-professionals who succeed.

Ps.

Once again my complete admiration for the " Official Match Twitterer ". If only I had seen what he has reported I would not be so depressed nor would so many others. He must work for the PM's press office!!!!!! and what ever he is on I would like some.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Taxi for Leese ? Another set piece another goal ! We've endured 2 seasons of absolutely nothing under your tenure ! Any decent man would not allow the chairman to make a decision, his pride would make him walk away. Are you that man Andy Leese ? I fear not !

Wishing Ryan Blackman a speedy recovery.

We have to give the management the cup final then that should be that... give the new management team a bit of time to settle in... when you heard the  leatherhead back five shouting instructions and organising themselves compared to our blank looks at each other you would think as 4WF said we were a relegated team... every time Kizzy or BB got the ball it was with their backs to the goal and two defenders on their backs....  our organisation was shambolic with the keeper our MOM.... if the board don’t act after the final the club could really hit a downward spiral....

ST, I doubt if he actually realises or accept he is the one failing. It's all those around him who are doing it wrong.  As I said two years ago from what I had been told he can be somewhat arrogant in his own ability and it seems that he hasn't changed. Either that or he needs to go to spec savers.

Better send the taxi away before we get stuck with the bill.

A loss next week and we could easily be in the bottom half of the table. 

See Michael Kalu was on the score sheet for Ware today. There's one who never stop running.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Dismal. Thats the only word I can use. The performance was very poor. It seems as if the fans are now beginning to vote with their feet - a beautiful, sunny, March day, neither Spurs nor Arsenal playing and we draw a 'massive' crowd of 403 - with the few remaining Ultras out-sung by 4 Leatherhead fans!

Ok, the pitch isn't great, but there was a distinct lack of direction and inspiration within the side. Where was the defence?? The goal was woeful -  a corner clipped into the 6-yard box for an unmarked - yes UNMARKED - Leatherhead player to head home. Lets not forget the double save by Nolan, the Tanner's midfielder shanking wide from 12 yards and the effort which cannoned back off the bar. Time and again the defence were carved open - it seemed as if we simply didn't have one!

If Leese is still the manager next season then I won't be wasting my hard-earned money at ETFC I'm afraid.

Doesn't sound too good. 

Pitch isn't great? I am surprised we still have a pitch with all the games being played on it. Please don't say we need the extra money as there are more ways to generate income than hiring out the pitch.

Our league form will all be forgotten if we win the league cup and then AL will be given a pay rise. Oh dear.

Forgotten by whom Andy. Not me and many others. A lot of rethinking is needed on and off the pitch.

People are more knowledgeable and savvy about football now than they were 40/50 years ago and expect more for their money than the dross being presented week after week. With the nucleus of this side and better management we should have already reserved our place in the playoffs.

As to raising more money, people will pay more for a better product and with the hope of success at all levels of the game.Cliches like"get behind the team and manager" are things of the past. Instead it should be "you owe the supporters to give your best at all times, it is who they help to pay your wages.

Forgotten by those who made the appointment in the first place.

always said to those who worked for me that they had one chance to make a good impression on those coming to the leisure centres and it was those people who paid our salaries. Mess it up and you could be out of a job. 

More than one chance has been given.

Edited by andyetfc

I understood you the first time Andy and I also agree your philosophy regarding the work place. It is the reality of the real world. Unfortunately in the world of football all common sense goes out the window. Failure seems to be the recipe for reward. Look at the number of football pundits on TV who have failed in management telling others how it should be done.

Unfortunately we have to wait and see whether our message is heard.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals