Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Next season

17 hours ago, TJFootie said:

According to AFC Hornchurch website, they have signed Joe Wright and Matt Johnson.

I think that really tells you that the players have not bought-into AL's style of play. I don't believe they've gone to Hornchurch for the £££.

I'll repeat what I said in an earlier thread: the board won't get rid of AL till Christmas by which time we'll be thinking about a relegation dogfight...

I predicted a mass exodus so let’s see......Seems like the only people happy with the AL way is the board.... but they were voted on by the members so we can’t complain .... I didn’t expect them to have the balls to make changes anyway so I was hoping AL would do the decent thing and resign but he seems a stubborn man.....

I see, Theo, we are being asked to renew membership by 1 June. We all know what we are signing up for regarding off the field, Shared ownership of the club, a Great Stadium and Facilities etc, but no mention of on field activities.

I am all for PR and advertising but when is someone going to mention what the  plans are being made for next season on the pitch. It is like asking you to invest in a new play/film without telling you what the story is about and who the actors are. It is hardly a good way to run a business.This analogy can be attributed to all forms of  business including our club. 

It would have been more sensible to have sent a news sheet, to all members, detailing the Boards vision for next season, with the reminder for membership renewal. Consequently until the Board comes up with more info I intend to keep my options open. 

It now seems that we have shad to be informed by another club that we have already lost two players. Both of whom were held in high regard, by the manager's own admission and that of many supporters, one must wonder where we are going.

(Note: I do hope that certain subscribers do not  harass me again with the old mantra of why do I not stand for the Board etc or speak out at AGM's. I have already given my answer to that!!) 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

3 minutes ago, exiled down south said:

Only the contracted players have to stay all others are free to go to any club they choose. 

On the flip side the lack of contracts at this level should also make it fairly easy to sign new quality players as well.That is why a good scouting system is more vital at this level than most others.Also a manager or board member/s who has the 'gift of the gab' at selling our club to potential new players and pursuading them to join .( even without the lure of a big money contract).

Hornchurch are signing players, Wingate have announced their new management team and list of retained players, Carshalton have announced retained players, at least 5 of Bishops Stortford's squad have already committed for next season....and those are the only clubs I've looked at!

Can somebody explain to me how NOT renewing ETFCSS membership/season tickets timely is going to help build a decent team for 2019/2020? 

We all know that players come and go each season. I'm as disappointed as anyone that Matt Johnson and Joe Wright have chosen to move on, but that is their call. Let the management team get on with their jobs and let's do our bit by renewing. Very few clubs at our level can afford to keep players on a contract for more than a season at a time. If us supporters hold back renewing, the downward spiral begins.

I can only speak for myself Benjrider but from going to every game home and away the attraction is dwindling... this season I actually left games early and missed home games which is unheard of for me.... there is no way myself and family members are renewing season tickets when there is no chance of us attending the adequate amounts of games due to lack the of enjoyment we now get from going.... others might have different reasons ... I really don’t think the players AL signs or loses will affect the type of football we play.... time will tell but after over 40 years of following Enfield I feel I’ve paid my whack ......

1 hour ago, Benjrider10 said:

Can somebody explain to me how NOT renewing ETFCSS membership/season tickets timely is going to help build a decent team for 2019/2020? 

We all know that players come and go each season. I'm as disappointed as anyone that Matt Johnson and Joe Wright have chosen to move on, but that is their call. Let the management team get on with their jobs and let's do our bit by renewing. Very few clubs at our level can afford to keep players on a contract for more than a season at a time. If us supporters hold back renewing, the downward spiral begins.

Excellent point. Get behind the club or lose the club 

I agree B10 but you are missing the point. I am fully aware of the impact of " Members" thinking about their subscriptions. Welcome to the real world of commerce. I am not talking about supporters, who are worth there wait in gold,  but supporter who are "Member Shareholders". After all that is how we are described by the club. There is a great difference between the two. 

I am fully aware of how non league is run and that most players are free agents. But what I am objecting to is the lack of information given to members. As such I don't expect to read the club's news solely from the Bostik League's bulletins or on other clubs websites.

B10 it cuts both ways, ignoring the members can also start the downward spiral. I believe that is why  Theo and many others are becoming disillusioned and the reason I feel so strongly about things. I only wish EDS' cliche answer was that simple. But he too has missed the point.

Finally,I have said before I saw my first Enfield FC game in 1947. Other than absence doing Nat Service and my own playing career I have always been there to support them so I am not just a Johnny come lately.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Good to hear Nathan McDonald is back at the Club. I felt that Matt Nolan did a great job standing in last season and hope he can continue his development with the Club next season. We need something special to replace Matt Johnson and, as I said before, a quality central defender. Money talks and I believe that is the reason Matt Johnson has left. I am still recovering from the end of season capitulation which cost us a place in the place offs. If the club can strengthen the squad before we restart, I will continue to give them my support. Unfortunately Andy Leese will start the season under immense pressure to deliver. I hope he is up to it!

53 minutes ago, 55 seasons said:

Good to hear Nathan McDonald is back at the Club. I felt that Matt Nolan did a great job standing in last season and hope he can continue his development with the Club next season. We need something special to replace Matt Johnson and, as I said before, a quality central defender. Money talks and I believe that is the reason Matt Johnson has left. I am still recovering from the end of season capitulation which cost us a place in the place offs. If the club can strengthen the squad before we restart, I will continue to give them my support. Unfortunately Andy Leese will start the season under immense pressure to deliver. I hope he is up to it!

From the chairman. 

'Andy is delighted to have signed Nathan: "He is a winner who wants to be a part of what we are trying to do.' 

So why did he leave in the first place? 

We're caught between the devil and the deep blue sea here. We've just witnessed 2 seasons of the dullest football that I've ever witnessed. Do you really think that Andy Leese is going to change his approach this season and deliver decent attacking football ? I've had a season ticket for 5 seasons but I'm not getting one this season, I'll pay as I go as I'm pretty certain as to what is going to be delivered. Whilst wanting to help to finance and support the club, I'm not going to pay to watch shit football for the third season on the trot.