Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Next season

That’s exactly where I stand ST....

message to the chairman... what do you mean by “ what we are trying to achieve “  what exactly are we trying to achieve... with a bigger budget ... reputedly the best squad we have had and the weakest league we have been in we failed miserably to get close to challenge for the title or even the play offs....  now with the same approach why do you hope to better that.... please mr chairman explain your thinking .....

Theo, 4WF I understand your frustration and appreciate that you are both long time supporters (EFC and ETFC). You're both better placed than me to comment on the quality of the football over the last 2 seasons - I work abroad and only get to a handful of games each year.

My point is we are a supporters owned/run club and if the funding dries up, it's not just the first team that suffers. We've seen the "old" club turn to ashes and I have no intention of seeing the "new" club start spiralling the wrong way. That's why I renewed 2  days ago - 3 season tickets and 7 ETFCSS memberships. Most of my family are members and don't even know it ?

The debate on the forum is healthy but let's not forget: "no club - no debate". I'd rather have sh** football than no football.

Read the chairman’s report today. It appears Leese is staying. As a fan owned club that is nothing short of a disgrace. The fans have clearly voiced for Leese to be sacked, we have been ignored and the board have chosen to keep him on because he is cheap(doesn’t take a wage) and are clearly happy to watch us play boring long ball football again. They obviously have no ambition to take the club to the next league. I won’t be renewing my membership with a club that lacks ambition and ignores all its members in matters like these

..I see mickey has gone as well........ I admire your loyalty Benj especially if your limited to the games you can get to....But as a chairman that mingles with the supporters he must know the strength of feeling not just on here (which is a small percentage) but behind the goal .... I would just like to hear his reasons for sticking with something that quite clearly has not worked (as ST rightly alluded to the football has been shite ).... And why better is expected this season......Just because we are a fans owned club and non league it doesn’t mean loyalty over rules common sense

16 minutes ago, Theodopolous said:

He was one of our own Mickey Parcell he was one of our own ....

So where has he gone to?

I thought the idea was to keep the better players and bring in new players who could take the place of those who have left. Confused. 

So the chairman announces that AL is staying and the exodus of players really begins in earnest.

How, pray tell, is AL going to attract the quality of player that will improve the side? It sounds as if he's going to be starting again from scratch in July.

If, as seems likely, most of the current squad are going to leave, then the Chairman needs to consider exactly why that is. 

9 minutes ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

So the chairman announces that AL is staying and the exodus of players really begins in earnest.

How, pray tell, is AL going to attract the quality of player that will improve the side? It sounds as if he's going to be starting again from scratch in July.

If, as seems likely, most of the current squad are going to leave, then the Chairman needs to consider exactly why that is. 

I think most of us knew there would be a mass exodus of players not wishing to continue playing the type of football we have played for two years... As I put... the board has put loyalty before common sense ... it seems Mickey hasnt even got somewhere to go yet .... we all know how good AL is starting from scratch don’t we....

Going to be a long summer.      3 of most important pieces of the team gone in a few days.      Ouch.      

Loyalty is one thing.      However now the chairman has voted.....seems the players are starting to vote too.......

Scary

If it is true and Mickey is leaving, then knowing how much he liked being at Enfield Town, it does not bode well for the future. In agreeing with DJW it should be obvious that it not we the members who have started the downward spiral, suggested in early posts, it had already started by the players. To which I am not surprised. It must be hard and dispiriting to play to a system which seems to have been devised to ensure that only one player gets the goals. 

Knowing how much time and work the Chairman and most of the Board members put in for the club I am surprised that they can let this happen. I for one cannot comprehend what their thinking is. What has the manager got to say about it? Probably nothing, but then it was never his fault last year when things started to go wrong it was always the players.

I wonder what Nathan MacDonald is thinking right now. At this rate he will have quite a few positions to choose to play in if current departures continue at the same rate. But is his signing better than retaining Matt Nolan. Although his continued long ball kick-outs falls very nicely within AL's philosophy.

Once again AL's indifference to younger players rears its head again. I had better start cleaning my old boots.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

I’m not sure Nathan is the answer to joe leaving both are very good shot stoppers but neither in my opinion were that commanding when it came to dealing with crosses into the box,our present defenders can’t seem to deal with anything over head height very well so I would suggest we should have been looking elsewhere for a goalkeeper or maybe the answer is just to try and find some more agile defenders from Andys black book

18 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

hat Nathan MacDonald is thinking right now. At this rate he will have quite a few positions to choose to play in if current departures continue at the same rate. But is his signing better than retaining Matt Nolan. Although his continued long ball kick-outs falls very nicely within AL's philosophy.

Once again AL's indifference to younger players rears its head again. I had better start cleaning my old boots.

Whilst I agree that the Manager seems reluctant to play younger players unless he's forced to, I feel you're being a bit harsh on young Nolan stating he only knocks it long. He obviously still has plenty to learn at 19 but the games I saw him in I felt his distribution was very good, yes some long kicks but his throwing out finding team-mates was excellent. Josh Davison also done very well but again I feel he was only playing as the manager had run out of options.. After doing so well towards the end of the season I reckon neither would not want to be just squad players and may be out the door along with the rest of the squad.

I was thinking 4WF must have been referring to Nathan’s long kicks falling into ALs philosophy as like you say TJ you couldn’t fault Matts distribution as he was always looking to play it short.... and the Rebel was spot on about the crosses... it was cover your eyes time every corner.... strange nothing on Facebook yet (unless I’ve missed it ) about Mickeys announcement....