Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SQUAD UPDATES

I personally find it hard when we lose players that to me I think of as friends, because not only is it the players but their families as well that have become part of the club. But being sentimental will not win leagues, so we have to stand behind our Directors and manager and move forward and hope it's in the right direction....... COYU'S......

8 minutes ago, aka PeteBeatz said:

You can’t get over sentimental about players, if you do you end up eventually with an old squad playing in the tenth level of football. Would you still come then and support the team? Think not.

There is a difference in being sentimental and over sentimental. I was sad Leon McKenzie left, not least because I used to enjoy having a wager in my head each game as to how many times he would get caught offside.  He had scored a bucket full of goals, but it was right that he should leave when he did.

No one is arguing against progression. The pace and scale of the changes are causing concern. The loss of players who are capable at this level is causing concern. 

Equally, come the start of the season we will all be cheering whoever plays in the (hopefully) red and white stripes on.

Think the question for me is are we getting rid of players that can play at this level purely for the sake of being able to stamp your own personality on the club? Calum Chaffer is not a has been for example. I want the club to do well, of course I do but there’s a concern there. Having said that I will get behind the club as I always do and it’s true that we are playing more through midfield that we were.

8 minutes ago, Fat Tom Daley said:

According to the Enfield forum, we are signing Mickey Parcell from them. 

Appearances:
Goals scored:
Assist
Player of the Match

He played very well in the final for them as well and got the assist for the first goal

1 hour ago, Dinamo Urchin said:

There is a difference in being sentimental and over sentimental. I was sad Leon McKenzie left, not least because I used to enjoy having a wager in my head each game as to how many times he would get caught offside.  He had scored a bucket full of goals, but it was right that he should leave when he did.

No one is arguing against progression. The pace and scale of the changes are causing concern. The loss of players who are capable at this level is causing concern. 

Equally, come the start of the season we will all be cheering whoever plays in the (hopefully) red and white stripes on.

This. I only watched a couple of games last season whether bad choice of games or not both times the newer signings looked poor in comparison to what we had previously. One thing Jimmy done well was to keep a strong core of players together who were all united, and would dig in for one another. From what I'm hearing I'm not so sure this current lot would I'm afraid ...

Hornchurch were in 17th when stimo arrived 

hornchurch finished in 15th 

stayed up and got into a final of a cup

Onwards and Upwards give mark and the the boys a chance, some respect and maybe just maybe some praise.let’s get behind them and surport our team just like good fans do.

On a positive note we still got Sonny Dutton (his one of our own) Sonnys last minute goal was the highlight of my season, great to see good youngsters coming thru and getting the chance to show there ability 

Positivity is key I believe there is a few that would like us to fail that’s ok tho they will be proved wrong ?

Say no more

Edited by Front4

12 minutes ago, Front4 said:

Hornchurch were in 17th when stimo arrived 

hornchurch finished in 15th 

stayed up and got into a final of a cup

Onwards and Upwards give mark and the the boys a chance, some respect and maybe just maybe some praise.let’s get behind them and surport our team just like good fans do.

On a positive note we still got Sonny Dutton (his one of our own) Sonnys last minute goal was the highlight of my season, great to see good youngsters coming thru and getting the chance to show there ability 

Positivity is key I believe there is a few that would like us to fail that’s ok tho they will be proved wrong ?

Say no more

Get behind and support the team? Have you not seen some of the numbers we have taken away with us this year? If we didn’t support the team most of us wouldn’t have given up all of our Saturdays this year to support them and spent all the money that we have. 

Rhys the boys that travel are amazing I know because I travel also, the Mexicans and tequila at Lewes were the nuts. But Rhys there’s other fans if that’s wat u call them shooting Yr own players down and all they’ve done is join yr club and help keep you in the prem alongside the boys who have chosen to leave........(what would you do if u was thinking of joining the club and this is how the last players where welcomed before you.The new ETFC boys must be thinking wtf GREAT. In my opinion, that is not a true supporter and disgrace to any club. I wudnt want to play for them that’s for sure. There are others that just want to be negitave even on positive posts ??‍♂️ 

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS COYU

Once the pre season friendlies get under way and new players signed and bedded in everybody will get behind the side that's for sure regardless of where they come from nobody likes change and that's a fact of life I will embrace any player or fan who is prepared to don the Urchin colours

1 minute ago, Front4 said:

Rhys the boys that travel are amazing I know because I travel also, the Mexicans and tequila at Lewes were the nuts. But Rhys there’s other fans if that’s wat u call them shooting Yr own players down and all they’ve done is join yr club and help keep you in the prem alongside the boys who have chosen to leave........(what would you do if u was thinking of joining the club and this is how the last players where welcomed before you.The new ETFC boys must be thinking wtf GREAT. In my opinion, that is not a true supporter and disgrace to any club. I wudnt want to play for them that’s for sure. There are others that just want to be negitave even on positive posts ??‍♂️ 

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS COYU

Anyone who has a different opinion to you, me or anyone is is not a disgrace. They all follow/support the team, so if I was you I think you need to calm down abit before going off on one.

Stimson and for anyone else linked with the club is not untouchable, this is a forum and anyone can voice their views freely. Unless we should stop this too perhaps?

Stop press I think the new signings have now made a U-turn after reading a handful of posts that question some Hornchchurch greats being released...

Let me just put this out there why didn’t any of them fight for their places? Why did some move for money I’m led to believe but if they loved the club like you all think they do they would still be here fighting for Hornchurch but they left of their own accord the ones that left this end of season. Me I’m looking forward to a successful season where we can all enjoy it. In football we move on and support the club whoever’s playing for it 

5 minutes ago, Fleet side of the bridge said:

Let me just put this out there why didn’t any of them fight for their places? Why did some move for money I’m led to believe but if they loved the club like you all think they do they would still be here fighting for Hornchurch but they left of their own accord the ones that left this end of season. Me I’m looking forward to a successful season where we can all enjoy it. In football we move on and support the club whoever’s playing for it 

Who moved for more money? 

Ive seen some dire performances and greatness at the Bridge over the years but am staying optimistic for the new season nothing wrong with difference of opinion on this forum otherwise it would be boring as in an earlier thread we would sulk off and support Man 5hity

Edited by urchinman1961
Missed a word

23 minutes ago, Fleet side of the bridge said:

I highly doubt any of the players left for more money. For example, Alex Bentley lives very far from where therefore he is probably moving so that it suits him better which is a more than fair enough reason to leave. Kenzer Lee, another departed player, is a central midfielder and can play very well there but has been played at centre half for a while and he probably feels that he’s not going to be played in the midfield under Stimmo hence he has left to play in a position that he prefers playing. George Purcell, a player that knows the inner workings of the club more than most put together would not have left for no reason and he plays because of his love of football.