Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SQUAD UPDATES

Just a thread to keep updated who has agreed terms for next season

https://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/sport/football/non-league/hornchurch-re-sign-eight-players-1-6053443

Re-Signed
Remi Sutton
George Winn
Joe Christou
Jordan Clark
Lewwis Spence
Ronnie Winn
Charlie Stimson

New Signings
Joe Wright - From Enfield
Matt Johnson - From Enfield

Offered Deal - Awaiting Decision
Alex Bentley

Sorry I forgot, he's on a contract for another season.

UPDATED

Re-Signed
Remi Sutton
George Winn
Joe Christou
Jordan Clark
Lewwis Spence
Ronnie Winn
Charlie Stimson

New Signings
Joe Wright - From Enfield
Matt Johnson - From Enfield

Offered Deal - Awaiting Decision
Alex Bentley

On Existing Contract
George Saunders

I’m really gutted Alex has gone. It’s not just Alex, it’s his Mum and Dad also who are the nicest people you can ever meet. All three of them are such lovely people.

In terms of on the pitch, he is an outstanding leader and has Hornchurch in his heart. He’s also a cracking player! You don’t get voted player of the season twice if that’s not the case!

Shame we have no players who have a real Hornchurch connection who have been here for a long time in the squad.

Thanks for everything Alex

Edited by Fat Tom Daley

1 hour ago, andydick said:

How can you possibly let someone like Alex leave yet retain the garbage that arrived from Waltham Abbey? 

How can you possibly let someone like Alex leave yet retain the garbage that arrived from Waltham Abbey? 

What a awful statement how many home games did u win before the arrival of this so called garbage? Alex isn’t good enough his mistakes cost us a lot of points plus him walking off the pitch after the white hawk game was nothing more that a disgrace from a captain. Tell me please who you think the garbage is and how the squad was better before they’re arrival coz I’ll go though them one by one with you if you like 

OK, garbage was harsh and unfair (and disrespectful) on the players, but nevertheless in my view I don't think any of the additions, barring Joe, improved the squad.  Whether we would have stayed up with or without those players or with or without Stimson running things we'll never know.

And at the end of the season when you see the likes of Bentley, Lee, Marks and Purcell all depart and compare them with those that have been retained then there really is no comparison.

Alex was a phenomenal player and leader for us.  Your comments about Alex say a whole lot about how much you really don't know about this club !

Edited by andydick

1 hour ago, Fleet side of the bridge said:

What a awful statement how many home games did u win before the arrival of this so called garbage? Alex isn’t good enough his mistakes cost us a lot of points plus him walking off the pitch after the white hawk game was nothing more that a disgrace from a captain. Tell me please who you think the garbage is and how the squad was better before they’re arrival coz I’ll go though them one by one with you if you like 

I think you’ll find we went 13 unbeaten at the start of the season and then the so called drought before Stimmo came in that we had was when we played teams that were some of the best in the league. Also I think you’ll find our league position has got worse under Stimmo that it was under Jimmy but obviously most of those players that came in aren’t garbage. Also if they weren’t garbage how comes most of them were only playing Bostik south central before Stimmo took over. The only two players that I think have been good enough we’re either playing at our level or a level above us for the remainder of last season 

OK, garbage was harsh and unfair (and disrespectful) on the players, but nevertheless in my view I don't think any of the additions, barring Joe, improved the squad.  Whether we would have stayed up with or without those players or with or without Stimson running things we'll never know.

And at the end of the season when you see the likes of Bentley, Lee, Marks and Purcell all depart and compare them with those that have been retained then there really is no comparison.

Alex was a phenomenal player and leader for us.  Your comments about Alex say a whole lot about how much you really don't know about this club !

Ok I can only go on what I’ve seen as can you I’ve seen have Alex play a good bit this season and I’ve seen him have 3 possible 4 good games without making a crucial mistake that lead to a goal. Only time will tell if it’s the right decision at the end of the day we are all supporting the team let’s go and get behind the team and the manager and get promoted next season 

1 hour ago, Rhys said:

I think you’ll find we went 13 unbeaten at the start of the season and then the so called drought before Stimmo came in that we had was when we played teams that were some of the best in the league. Also I think you’ll find our league position has got worse under Stimmo that it was under Jimmy but obviously most of those players that came in aren’t garbage. Also if they weren’t garbage how comes most of them were only playing Bostik south central before Stimmo took over. The only two players that I think have been good enough we’re either playing at our level or a level above us for the remainder of last season 

Bostick south central didn’t exhaust this time last year they were playing bostick prem and one in the conference south. The players play for the manager and that’s how you get the best out of them only time will tell weather it’s the right decision like I said most of us Thurrock fans are behind the team and want us to do well. 

6 hours ago, aka PeteBeatz said:

Yes it is sad to see Alex and some of the others players go as well, but football moves on and next season will tell if the correct decisions have been made. If we have a good season then all will be well and forgotten.

Could not agree more I’m looking forward to the team having a very strong squad and no one is guaranteed a place makes people hungry. Football is a funny game it’s about opinions and there’s no room room for sentiments I’m afraid.  

A level head needed here,players come and go unfortunately at this level,players leave for whatever reason,no player is bigger than the club yes we lost some quality players but Stimmo is no fool and well respected in the game and I am sure good quality replacements will be lined up as always looking forward to the new season,(Hope I don't have to eat my words),up the Urchins 

I agree but it’s hard to take when you see (other than Nathan who is still injured) an entire squad taken apart. Admit though it could be an interesting season if the new team gel and we start winning games. 

In the time I've been coming, Alex has been one of the most consistent players that we have had. Genuinely two footed, with more skill than he's given credit for, he has done a great job not only at right back, but also left back, centre back and in midfield when called upon.

I certainly don't think of him as one who has cost us points. I'm sure you could look back over all the videos and say that Callum should have saved/not spilled that; defender "x" was out of position there; midfielder "y" didn't track back there; striker "z" missed an absolute sitter there. He was rightly the Player of the Season and I thought he was one of the few originals from the Jimmy days that would be able to adapt to Stimpsons style.

For me at least, football is more than just winning points. If that was all I cared about, I'd bog off and just watch Man City. Alex and his family were a big part of what made Hornchurch a proper club with good people. We have lost all bar one of the players that got us to this level and a fair few that kept us here having come in. The vast majority were liked not only for what they did on the pitch, but what they did of it also. I'm happy for sentiment to be a part of football.  Without it, the game hs no heart or soul.

The new players coming in need to step up in more ways than one.