Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SQUAD UPDATES

Goodie unfortunately got injured again at tonbridge n was only payed for that 1game last season poor fella. As of course he has bills also to pay.(cooper was payed for the whole season because he was on a contract) great little player n the best tackler in this league, how he was released from milwall I’ll never know.He is a proper milwall type player with strong hard tackles,the fans wud love him over there  and his still only 21, I believe he was also part of the Thurrock team that beat Hornchurch in the playoff semi final 2016/2017 before they went up,these players aren’t just Waltham abbey players there ex Thurrock players too and all have played at this level and above  ?

Edited by Front4

4 hours ago, Front4 said:

Goodie unfortunately got injured again at tonbridge n was only payed for that 1game last season poor fella. As of course he has bills also to pay.(cooper was payed for the whole season because he was on a contract) great little player n the best tackler in this league, how he was released from milwall I’ll never know.He is a proper milwall type player with strong hard tackles,the fans wud love him over there  and his still only 21, I believe he was also part of the Thurrock team that beat Hornchurch in the playoff semi final 2016/2017 before they went up,these players aren’t just Waltham abbey players there ex Thurrock players too and all have played at this level and above  ?

I think if Cooper was to go there may well be a fan revolt. ? 

You're right they ain't just abbey players but Thurrock players but they could come from anywhere, wholesale changes are hard to take and from a personal selfish opinion the only fans benefiting currently are the old Thurrock fans seeing their team rise from the ashes. N.b this ain't a dig or moan but a mere observation.

16 hours ago, kimbles left foot said:

I think if Cooper was to go there may well be a fan revolt. ? 

You're right they ain't just abbey players but Thurrock players but they could come from anywhere, wholesale changes are hard to take and from a personal selfish opinion the only fans benefiting currently are the old Thurrock fans seeing their team rise from the ashes. N.b this ain't a dig or moan but a mere observation.

I think as you've said yourself before, your circumstances mean that you don't go regularly now and looking from the outside on this situation you can perhaps make judgements from a less emotive perspective. I think for me, it's watching practically the entire squad leaving in the space of less than one season and you do have to ask the question of whether the replacements are going to be better. At the end of the day it's nice to see success on the pitch and if that happens then great.

I would also want any progress at the club to be organic and sustainable and that certainly seems to be the case here with the academy and the current future plans for the club and's that's so encouraging. I don't want a boom and bust situation occurring, we've been there before and the bust part of that wasn't pleasant.

Edited by cup of tea

21 hours ago, Little Titchmarsh said:

When you say Goodie was only paid for one game you need to get your facts right, he got a lot more than one payment.

Make sure you know what your talking about before you make rash statements, especially concerning people's earnings

that have sweet FA to do with you ‼️

I wasn’t the 1 who mentioned wages and earnings 1st mate and it’s got sweet fa to do with them also. Fact. Have a scroll and you’ll see .Let them know tho, as u was very quick to come at me my friend? 

if I’m wrong about goodie only getting 1 payment FairPlay apologies for getting that wrong, but I im sure he was 1 of our lowest earners and by along way, shame he was injured for a lot of the season but that happeneds in football , and he was absolutely gutted,but wen his fit you’ll see he is 1 for the future. The future is bright at Hornchurch regardless of the dark clouds that some folk are trying to drag over (you’d think we got relagated). I get it’s so so hard loosing yr favorite players and some very good 1s,and jimmy not being able to continue is the biggest 1 and not wat any1 wanted but sometimes in life changes are falsed apon us and have to happen even if we don’t want them too and it’s no1s fault .... It’s such a shame I was so excited about Hornchurch and next season I’m  now starting to think there’s just way to much anamosity over there we need to be together, a family not at war with each other. I’m worried it will effect the team and our hopes next season and I’m even more worried that that the plan for some surporters/spoilers 

Edited by Front4

I do hope that’s not the case people wishing badness on the team so they can turn round and say told you so! That would be tragic I’m feeling the animosity too a bit so why don’t we all get together pre season at the friendlies and have a beer introduce ourself get smashed drunk and high on drugs go on a rampage through Hornchurch looting I think it sounds like a good idea 

I'll think you will find that no one is wishing ill for the team, just expressing their frustration/sadness at seeing a team they have followed for  many years disbanded so quick and coming to terms with it. 

We all know football moves on but I think you will find most long time supporters do not like change.

I'm really looking forward towards next season even thou some of my favourite players have left.

Dibs,  COYU'S  .....

PS we are a family team and supporters and all are most welcome. 

Edited by blackballed

2 minutes ago, Fleet side of the bridge said:

On another note seeing as we changed our name to just Hornchurch Fc maybe Hornfleet fc would sound just as nice ?????

I think you know the answer to that one .... Thurock Off ......??

No bitterness with me whatsoever with Thurrock being involved - the more the merrier and if it means you guys get somewhere you think of as home after what unfortunately happened to your ground then great. If we have a great season I will be happy - looking forward to it.