Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA CUP 2ND QUALIFYING ROUND

littlehampton

As I have said before not all criticism is necessarily harmful. So long as it is not made personal and with malice. It's in our nature because we all do it every day about many diverse things including our sarcastic humour. 

However, in the case of this forum it stimulates many points of view ie. yesterday game. 

That is why I enjoy it and the reason I joined it in the first place.  Also I believe that all those who post on the forum have one thing in common, the welfare of Enfield Town FC.   Even if our approach may be from different positions.

Looking forward to us progressing further on Tuesday. Surely we can't slip on the same banana twice!!!! 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals
Corrections.

14 minutes ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

As I have said before not all criticism is necessarily harmful. So long as it is not made personal and with malice. It's in our nature because we all do it every day about many diverse things including our sarcastic humour. 

However, in the case of this forum it stimulates many points of view ie. yesterday game. 

That is why I enjoy it and the reason I joined it in the first place.  Also I believe that all those who post on the forum have one thing in common, the welfare of Enfield Town FC.   Even if our approach may be from different positions.

Looking forward to us progressing further on Tuesday. Surely we can't slip on the same banana twice!!!! 

banana's are baned here

hi 4wf how are you today looks like a bit more armchair cheering is needed tuesday !!!

You somehow managed to get away with it yesterday . The big shock yesterday was Dulwich 0-1 Befont .  I still think you'll get through as much as it pains me to say it. ?

Thanks OT not so bad today the tablets are kicking in. I certainly like to see it Tuesday. Any chance of you sticking a web-cam on your hat?? Only showing off pretending to know what a web cam is!!!!

See that young Albury is back with his words of wisdom. I agree that Dulwich must be in shock but not as much as BEFONT as they didn't have a game!!!!

19 minutes ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Thanks OT not so bad today the tablets are kicking in. I certainly like to see it Tuesday. Any chance of you sticking a web-cam on your hat?? Only showing off pretending to know what a web cam is!!!!

See that young Albury is back with his words of wisdom. I agree that Dulwich must be in shock but not as much as BEFONT as they didn't have a game!!!!

i would if i was going  tuesday ill b e an armchair supporter i did see that and what league are the in ???

team to look out for if they win there replay would be Jersey bulls  scored the odd 20+ goals  in 5 games

As we await the draw to discover our possible opponent's in the FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round, I think everyone felt ridiculously disappointed by our well below par performance on Saturday, particularly in the second half, when Hadley raised their game and caused us all manner of problems. Worth reading the excellent match report posted on the official website by Andrew Warshaw. Our players have a chance, in tomorrow nights replay, to put things right, and keep us in this prestigious competition. Let's hope they play with pride, passion, and determination to win at the second attempt. COYT

littlehampton totaly agree  but they should have been playing with pride, passion, and determination in the first game , love to know who went to see them play and what report they gave because nobody had a clue  .

as to the next round we need a mirical , a, to beat Hadley and b , to beat Chelmsford city at there ground

2 hours ago, old towner said:

littlehampton totaly agree  but they should have been playing with pride, passion, and determination in the first game , love to know who went to see them play and what report they gave because nobody had a clue  .

as to the next round we need a mirical , a, to beat Hadley and b , to beat Chelmsford city at there ground

Be careful OT as you will be told off for being negative.

1 hour ago, old towner said:

Old Towner, we haven't had a bad start to the season, and all teams occasionally have an off day. Hadley, play two levels below us (level 5), are unbeaten this season, and look a decent side. Whilst I don't believe we under-estimated them, we now know what we are up against tomorrow evening, and need to go prepared, which I'm sure we will. It will undoubtedly be another close game, but if our players display their own strength and capabilities, and the team collectively give a high octane Premier Division performance, we will be in with a very good chance of success. Keep the faith. COYT

On 20/09/2021 at 13:27, old towner said:

Need a miracle? Well Hadley despite their passion and running themselves into the ground were beaten with Nathan McDonald rarely being troubled.

what facts do have about Chelmsford other than 2W 2D 2L in their first 6 games which makes beaten them a miracle.

this forum should be renamed  ‘Not The ETFC  Supporters Forum’

we go to Chelmsford with hope, positivity and whatever will be will be, it’s Cup Football 

Completely agree with this and your other posts BU - I wasn't at Hadley, but obviously very pleased with the result and the prize money it brings the club. I do wonder whether some on here give enough credit to the sides we are facing - there are very few sides that are just going to roll over, and clearly Hadley are a very decent side at the level they're playing from looking at their record this season, who were bang up for these two games. We shouldn't expect any easy games in any competition, and if we're not absolutely at our best and up for each game, we are going to get found out. Fortunately it sounds like we played well enough last night to get through without any major scares, so credit to the players and management.

So far a decent start to the season, with a squad that appears to have decent depth (there are players on the bench I'd be more than happy to see in the starting line up) - of course there have been some bad performances along the way, but that's football. What I'd like to see more of on here is proportional reactions to both good and bad performances, a couple of each isn't going to define a season, and we can't expect to play well and win every game, as the opposition will be doing everything they can to win themselves, with their own plan of how to stop us. We can go to Chelmsford with some optimism - of course it's going to be a very tough tie, and we are clearly underdogs, but any result is possible, and if we are at our best, then we should give them a decent game.

Edited by Barney
Typos

Thanks Barney, for another very balanced summary of the current position, with which I agree. Especially your remark regarding some players on the bench. 

As I said in another post, in each round there are only two teams in each game of which only one can ultimately win. All we can do is to hope that we try to make sure it is us!!! 

Great Result Town ! 

Before last night's reverse, Hadley were unbeaten in any competition this season and, after our showing against them last Saturday, we needed to up our game in last night's replay, match their energy, attitude and spirit, deliver a much improved performance, and secure our place in the next round away to Chelmsford City.

As we all know, in tough league or cup encounters, it is not always just about skills, it is about belief, confidence, aggression, determination to win duels, and performing better individually, and as a team.

Mission accomplished, our players delivered the result we all wanted, so very well done and thanks to them, Manager Andy Leese, his management team, plus all our loyal supporters, who made the trip over to Hadley Sports Ground, to provide support and encouragement for our guys.

Please share your own personal thoughts on the game last night, and the eventual outcome, with fellow Towners. Cheers !

Finally, Hadley gave a great account of themselves over two hard fought games, and should be immensely proud of themselves. We wish them well for the rest of the season.