Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Hornchurch

seemgee

Still buzzing after that… great atmosphere behind the goal tonight…. Good opening 15 minutes resulting in a Mo converted pen after a skirmish at a corner…. That signalled a change in fortunes as Hornchurch went on the front foot we dropped deeper and lost the initiative… second half started with the same old sucker punch we’ve seen many times before… quick break cross in the box unmarked striker scoring… the expected response never came until the substitutions… LDV again sacrificed his attacking threat to double up as right back was replaced by the ever moaning Cunnington … the bombardment started ..Wright saved excellently from Coker and the resulting corner was guided in off the head of Sam Young…. Highlight of the game for me was the ever tricky Coker chasing a lost ball towards the touch line in the dying minutes… sliding to keep it in play then releasing a pinpoint ball to set up an attack…. Another great night… watched the first hour  of the two part interview with Mo… loved the way he said he didn’t believe the team was flying because this is what he expected from this team… A great attitude… 

11 hours ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Looking at the winning goal I reckon Mickey Parcell got the final touch - top lad!

That was my thought at the time - I was focussed on the six-yard box and didn't see Sam's run and header at all but it looked as though Mickey got a firm header.

Great win yesterday in the freezing cold I had to leave straight after we scored it was never going to be an easy game but we got the 3points . I feel like not enough credit or praise is put on the back 4 in recent games with Harold coming into the side and playing very well also big Jerry playing a massive role this season with his performances nevertheless I can’t complain and I’m excited for the next Enfield V Worthing game

19 minutes ago, 55 seasons said:

Theodopolous refers to 'the ever moaning Cunnington' but should have added that his entry totally transformed the game in our favour. 

13 hours ago, Theodopolous said:

the expected response never came until the substitutions…

I did actually mention that the substitution changed the game… happened to mention his moaning as he was getting plenty of abuse from a couple of guys on the rails for continually berating teammates……

Still awaiting to hear what Cumberbatch is bringing to the team. So far his name gets hardly a mention. 

It seems as if we only get back to normal only when he is substituted. If I'm wrong perhaps someone could kindly enlighten me to what I'm missing. 

Anyway we won and this is the ultimate objective. 

Thanks again Theo for your report. For a change I will leave you and 55S to sort out your differences. You know I've been there on many other occasions. That's what the forum is all about. 

1 hour ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Still awaiting to hear what Cumberbatch is bringing to the team. So far his name gets hardly a mention. 

Rather unfair. Cumberbatch has been steady and efficient in both games, only being sacrificed for the introduction of Cunnington. His dead-ball kicks, particularly corners,  are particularly good

Actually FJ, your post is the first observation I have read on what he brings to the team.  Before your comments, I could only interpreted, from the lack of any other observations, that members weren't over impressed. That I admit was probably unfair and is why I ask for someone to enlighten me with there views in my 2nd para.

Which you now have and was pleased to read.

To me all Adam is good for is jumping and being tall his height is good ,but all he does is moan he calls for the ball see it go past him don’t move and then moan.  If he was to cover the same distance as mo then we wouldn’t moan and I’m not the only person who isn’t impressed with his constant moaning 

Steady enough performance against some quite strong opponents.

Thought we did enough for most of the night without being spectacular.

Few observations for me.....PK and Andre have some great feet but do wish they'd play it quicker.  Admittedly Andre put in a good pass 2nd half when he kept the ball in.   

Defence has been solid as has been noted above.   Harold brings some experience to the team and thought he is a steadying influence alongside Jerry.

Whilst we don't seem to be hitting top gear, we are grinding out results and in the past 4 or 5 years seem to have a real togetherness in the team/squad with the current squad.

Won't criticise Adam for his lungbursting run with a few minutes to go and great tackle.  I'd rather have someone with drive and intensity than someone not directing others.   Didn't hear it but guess it falls into the critical catergory.

Think Cumberbatch was solid generally.   Got around the pitch.  Kept the ball but seems that some fans have made their minds up after a couple of games.  Give him a chance.

Onwards and upwards and again think if we get the gall down and play it on the ground we can compete with anyone on our day.

Enjoyed the game Tuesday .. as said above there is a real team spirit here !

A draw wouldn't have been an unfair result - I like the way we are managing to grind out results .. Hornchurch were always going to be a potential banana skin with the ex Towner contingent ..

I'm glad Billy wasn't available - I think he would have been up for proving a point .. even though I don't believe he has scored for Hornchurch yet?

The subs are influencing the game at the right time which is good .. personally don't understand the dislike for Adam  .. I can only assume he is challenging others for not following the game plan? No one tends to argue back? His run to the half way line for the tackle was impressive ..

Given the last 2 matches we have made subs to change the game, I would expect a few changes to the starting line up for Saturday ... we have a strong squad - I would hate to lose some players due to lack of match action and then a few injuries impact us ..

Kumberbatch seemed efficient enough .. early days ..

Interestingly at Isthmian League - Premier Division | League Table | Predicted Final League Table | Football Web Pages   there is a predicted final table - in the past I always thought it simply multiplied out games in hand based on history - after our win it now predicts us to win the league with 91 points - pipping Worthing by 3 - and not losing again this season! Assume it is because of our exceptional home record?

Cunnington has made a big impact in games he has come on… my dislike is his attitude… when PK bundled past three men and managed to get a shot on target he stood for  20 seconds shaking his head while the fans applauded it… did the same after a lung bursting run from Mo … players giving their all don’t need to be criticised laying on the floor getting their breadth back….. That recovery run back from him after losing possession was a must for him to avoid a barrage of criticism from some supporters.  As long as we get results players will ignore it… if we lose a few games we might see a completely different reaction…..