Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Lewes

seemgee

This will some need some explaining. Can't wait to read what happened.

By the way I notice that Kingstonian have only 1 game less than us in this month and so far have max points in last 3 games. They have less time than us to to regroup they have to play again on Monday. 

So lets not feel too sorry for ourselves. There is still a long way to go but someone has to get back to basics and organise our defence and midfield. 

Surely if we are short of players in this department then recall some out on loan. Just a suggestion or does the manager think they are not required?? At least this would would widen the choice off the bench.

1 hour ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

By the way I notice that Kingstonian have only 1 game less than us in this month and so far have max points in last 3 games. They have less time than us to to regroup they have to play again on Monday. 

So lets not feel too sorry for ourselves. There is still a long way to go but someone has to get back to basics and organise our defence and midfield. 

Surely if we are short of players in this department then recall some out on loan. Just a suggestion or does the manager think they are not required?? At least this would would widen the choice off the bench.

You won’t really want to know what happened. I will be very surprised if Lewis don’t finish in the top 2 at the end of the year. 

1 hour ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

The trouble with Lease is he doesn’t use the midfield it’s keeper to forwards the trouble with that is .... our forwards don’t play together let’s face it today the time didn’t play together ,someone tell them there’s no I in TEAM 

we need to get back to basics and fast 

first half we were slow out the blocks and played not as a team. Good goal by Adam that’s the first half summed up 

second half after the team talk chit chat  or lack  of bo***cling  we turned up to make up the numbers  

please can the team be informed that our home kit has ALWAYS BEEN AND ALWAYS  WILL BE WHITE AND BLUE

we seem-to pass to any player near us 

we let in  3 more goals and didn’t reply to our single goal 

second half final whistle couldn’t have come sooner 

i understand the ref was being watched they may have seen a few biased decisions going Lewes way 

end of rant now look forward to every one having a go at my comments 

btw hi Albury talker  how did  bishops stortford go ?

Edited by old towner

Totally outplayed in difficult conditions today, lewes we’re very impressive they played as a team whereas we didn’t was glad we went in at half time level, second half we just couldn’t live with them there 3 second half goals were superb on the evidence of the last 2 games we are not playoff contenders action needs to be taken now by the manager to address this, Percy is never a full back and I have no idea why he is asked in this position is midfield drive is sadly missed

We were second best by a country mile today and the difference in class showed. When you get to see the edited highlights of the game, count the number of passes Lewes made before they scored their third goal. There didn’t seem to be any urgency for us to close them down to retrieve possession. I must have missed something today but did we have a midfield?

Well done to Dave Farenden and his team for preparing the pitch.?

Thanks for all the observations. I too find it hard to understand AL's and his management team especially where PK is concerned. The one player who drives from midfield.

But it is no surprise. I said that AL always reverts to plan A, the long ball when things get tough. Which is the same as his plan B,C etc. I said this even before he arrived . So nothing  new from me there.

There is nothing wrong with the long ball if used properly. But shows a lack of planning ability when it becomes your only opening gambit. Not only has it been proven that it saps the energy of the team playing it but is the easiest game to counter. For it to be affective you need at least 4 up front but with our lack defensive ability of late is the last thing one wants.

However when we have played possession football from the start we have been able to win matches. That is why Croker I believe should be in  along side MO an D-V. Giving you a three pronged attack. After all did he deserve being dropped after his previous weeks performance?

The playing management team will have to stand up soon and be counted. Otherwise the first half of the season will have been wasted. 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Oh dear what a poor team selection I.M.O. and dire performance. It seems that the formation took no account of what gave us such a good first half of the season. Then we played with two holding midfield players, Thomas and Maja, with Percy in a central holding and foraging position. It's no coincidence that our poor run has coincided with Maja's absence. 

Today we played with one holding midfielder, Thomas, and one attacking midfielder trying to play as a defensive midfielder, Youngs. As has already been said, Percy was totally wasted at right back. As a consequence of this formation, we had a hole in the left side of midfield which left our defence at the mercy of the Lewes forwards and leading to goals two and three in quick succession. 

I accept we may have players unavailable but we should still seek a balanced formation with what we have. Sadly it appears that the new midfielder is right sided whereas we are short on the left. One option would have been to try Kirwan in that position bringing in Smith at left back. Similarly we could have shifted Harold Joseph to the the right, to allow Percy to fill his usual position.

I hope Andy and the management team we can get this put right soon before a very promising season with a good set of players is wasted. 

Agree that our poor run has coincided with the absence of Maja.....was today his last game of the ban?

We were 2nd best all game, and don't buy anything into the assessor being there and a poor referee.  The ref had nothing to do with us conceding 4 goals and but for Nathan could have been a few more.   Defensively we have never looked more leaky, and. that was with Harold back today.

Lewes were strong all over the pitch and we never looked like matching them despite Adam converting his chance well.   Admittedly Lewes played a strong game but we were poor and just couldn't keep hold of the ball.   We seem to keep on wanting to play the Hollywood pass which isn't there and this just results in a quick turnover of possession.

Cannot think of one area today where we were better than them, defence, midfield, and up front, we couldn't put any moves together and looked laboured with the ball.   On top of that we also struggled to keep up with them and 2nd half possession must have been 80/20 in their favour.   Percy is wasted at right back and tries stuff that he can get away with in midfield.  Summed up by his loss of the ball and giving them the free kick which led to us conceding.

4 goals in each of the last 2 teams, our formation doesn't seem right at the moment and the performances certainly are lacking at the moment.  

Managed to stay dry today.....one of the few highlights but not sure what or who else were our highs today.   Still nice of Mo to come over and thank a few fans at the end as don't think we can get maja back quick enough.

We struggled without a recognised Lee or Jon at rb and then this had a massive impact on our midfield.

Horsham won't be an easy game either.

Pitch was in pretty good nick so well done to the ground staff for getting the game on....but knowing that the pitch was going to be heavy and slow....why do we dribble so much?  We looked exhausted 2nd half and clearly didn't hold the ball well enough.    Make the ball do the work!!!

The fans having a go at the end to the officials....do us all a favour and take yourselves somewhere else.

Well well well seems to be the same old story with us doesn’t it? Around this period we always seem to drop points and it’s not good enough we seem to change the team every week and can’t build relationships.

today’s game was embarrassing we do not look like a top 3 side at all and is very worrying around this time of the season 

as for our defence why is the different CB playing each week. When we was going on our run there was more consistency. It’s unfortunate Maja is still injured as he was a major presence in our midfield, what’s happened with Jerry he was also the main CB playing and now he can’t get into the team if I’m correct he’s played a major role in our wins and defence . Management team have to step up and grab a hold of these players 

Sometimes you’ve got to hold your hands up and accept the better team/squad won on the day.

A very slick opponent that scored some fabulous goals.

Lewes midfield were strong and creative in difficult conditions, we looked as if we weren’t enjoying the day and the fact the game was on following a number of pitch inspections.

Our record v The top teams are not very good and teams below us have closed the gap and in the process have improved their starting X1 teams.

20 games remaining 60 points to play for and a long way to go with many twists and turns ahead that make every successful enjoyable season a memorable one whether a memorable one to forget or one to cherish.

Reality is this team isn’t good enough to stay ahead of 5 other teams and improvements are necessary, some players must be shown the door and better ones brought in for the task ahead- IF we are genuinely chasing promotion 

1 hour ago, Bottoms Up said:

Sometimes you’ve got to hold your hands up and accept the better team/squad won on the day.

A very slick opponent that scored some fabulous goals.

Lewes midfield were strong and creative in difficult conditions, we looked as if we weren’t enjoying the day and the fact the game was on following a number of pitch inspections.

Our record v The top teams are not very good and teams below us have closed the gap and in the process have improved their starting X1 teams.

20 games remaining 60 points to play for and a long way to go with many twists and turns ahead that make every successful enjoyable season a memorable one whether a memorable one to forget or one to cherish.

Reality is this team isn’t good enough to stay ahead of 5 other teams and improvements are necessary, some players must be shown the door and better ones brought in for the task ahead- IF we are genuinely chasing promotion 

We didn’t enjoy the day because the opposition were that much better than we were. Forget the pitch inspections, Dave and his team did very well to get the pitch up to scratch, and as the home team we should have been better prepared to play on it. However, as we have both said, the better team won but it was the manner of our defeat which left me worried.