Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

Bomaya it's not negative or rude or insulting it's an opinion weather you like it or not I'm telling you how I see it and how other people see it who I've spoken to.

This league should be be easy to manage for Guernsey but they have struggled due to there weather.

I'm not going to waffle on anymore but this is as I've said its my opinion

Bob, you have every right to express your opinion, but why are you so anti GFC? I assume you would feel as strongly if another team from one of the other Crown dependencies applied?

Edited by HKP

Bomaya it's not negative or rude or insulting it's an opinion weather you like it or not I'm telling you how I see it and how other people see it who I've spoken to.

This league should be be easy to manage for Guernsey but they have struggled due to there weather.

Well I am pleased about that. Just my opinion you understand.

Totally agree with your sentiments bobuk,maybe not the way you put it though.However having spoken to many Club Committee Members over the past year,they nearly all are not Au Fait with GFCTV,they were promised DVD'S of their games,which they have not received.A link to home Clubhouses for their away games which has not been done,some even said without payment,they would not even be allowed on their premises.No CCL Club has received a penny or even asked for any I bet.Only 1 Club had the balls to say their Home game would not be allowed for Broadcast in the U.K. that Club Camberley are the only team to beat Guernsey this year.Maybe CCL Players cant play when the Cameras are on them,Guernsey Players thrive on it

Anyway 344 posts in, suprised no one has mentioned the Pitch at Footes Lane,why does it Flood so easy?Are there Full time Groundsman?Or maybe it is done by volunteers,a couple of days a week.Has it been holotined,slit,rolled,must say Croydon Arena has weathered the storms well.Just a suggestion maybe Steve or Mark could pm NUT 250 for some advice,or Ben who does the Ashford pitch.

Bob, you have every right to express your opinion, but why are you so anti GFC? I assume you would feel as strongly if another team from one of the other Crown dependencies applied?

HKP Im sorry that I have offended some but do you think it's fair for mainland teams to travel midweek

It is far from ideal and all reasonable steps should be taken to avoid it. But all concerned knew this would be a possibility when they voted GFC in. The weather sadly is out of our control, as is the ground as we are merely tenants. I have not be offended, I do not agree with you on many points and would happily meet you for a beer one day if our paths crossed.

Edited by HKP

Part of the problem bobuk was that your posts were all along the lines of "it can't work, throw them out".

Seeing as that is not an option, hearing it in every one of your posts became a little wearing and criticising Lazarus was a step too far.

As the forum title suggests, the league has to find a solution and this has to also factor in a large Vase run which is still quite possible. Clearly there is no easy answer as it would have been arrived at by now. I occasionally think back to the CCL meeting and wonder whether anyone even mentioned weather issues, bearing in mind the geographical location. It would be great to see minutes of that meeting, just to see what actually was discussed.

I think that we may always have to face the fact that going forward Guernsey home games should be Saturdays as often as possible or Sundays if the rugby team are at home. If that provides an advantage for them, you could argue that it would be a larger one still if teams had to travel with weakened sides midweek. They will always have a strong home record and how far they progress will ultimately depend on their away record.

While Step 5 is a good standard, it is an ideal testing ground to uncover these sort of situations before Guernsey go higher, which they surely will, be it this season or next. Whether it is CCL or Ryman next year, both leagues will be well aware of what has happened this year and will probably address the fixtures accordingly.

If they do stay at CCL I hope the League consider the sides that have had travel troubles this year and send them over in August and April next year so it is less likely that the same teams suffer the same problem. Especially those who flew over like RPV and South Park, with E & E and Sandhurst not far behind in terms of priority. And no I'm not just saying that because I'm an Epsom fan, before anyone starts. Let's keep this forum sensible and with luck it might not reach twenty pages.

Part of the problem bobuk was that your posts were all along the lines of "it can't work, throw them out".

Seeing as that is not an option, hearing it in every one of your posts became a little wearing and criticising Lazarus was a step too far.

As the forum title suggests, the league has to find a solution and this has to also factor in a large Vase run which is still quite possible. Clearly there is no easy answer as it would have been arrived at by now. I occasionally think back to the CCL meeting and wonder whether anyone even mentioned weather issues, bearing in mind the geographical location. It would be great to see minutes of that meeting, just to see what actually was discussed.

I think that we may always have to face the fact that going forward Guernsey home games should be Saturdays as often as possible or Sundays if the rugby team are at home. If that provides an advantage for them, you could argue that it would be a larger one still if teams had to travel with weakened sides midweek. They will always have a strong home record and how far they progress will ultimately depend on their away record.

While Step 5 is a good standard, it is an ideal testing ground to uncover these sort of situations before Guernsey go higher, which they surely will, be it this season or next. Whether it is CCL or Ryman next year, both leagues will be well aware of what has happened this year and will probably address the fixtures accordingly.

If they do stay at CCL I hope the League consider the sides that have had travel troubles this year and send them over in August and April next year so it is less likely that the same teams suffer the same problem. Especially those who flew over like RPV and South Park, with E & E and Sandhurst not far behind in terms of priority. And no I'm not just saying that because I'm an Epsom fan, before anyone starts. Let's keep this forum sensible and with luck it might not reach twenty pages.

Read back Fred I didn't name anyone with regards fixtures but in hindsight these fixtures should of been different being honest I don't want Guernsey out of this league but the fixture pile up could of been avoided

How would you have arranged the fixtures then Bob, remembering that the League is not only about GFC, other clubs will have their own requirements as well.

Edited by HKP

Who are you by the way?Known to many but not all.

Anybody who wishes to know who am I only have to ask politely. To be honest my name has been posted on here many times by you.

Commonsense post as always Fred but does it not make good sense to schedule their Saturday away fixtures on dates when the Rugby team are at home - as is currently the case?

How would you have arranged the fixtures then Bob, remembering that the League is not only about GFC, other clubs will have their own requirements as well.

For starters all FA vase dates you would have been scheduled away therefore if you did progress you would need to travel midweek therefore you don't punish the mainland side.

What's done is done whatever happens if Guernsey go up or don't alot of lessons have been learnt and i suppose it wasn't going to be straightforward was it

For starters all FA vase dates you would have been scheduled away therefore if you did progress you would need to travel midweek therefore you don't punish the mainland side.

What's done is done whatever happens if Guernsey go up or don't alot of lessons have been learnt and i suppose it wasn't going to be straightforward was it

You're forgetting Bob, all GFC fixtures are scheduled around the Rugby Club - home games are fixed for the Saturdays when the Rugby Club are away - this includes several FA Vase dates. Rugby has priority - they were there 1st.

You lot have not grasped the nettle in my opinion,Guernsey are a Groundsharing Club,just like E&E,AFC Croydon Athletic,Mole Valley,therefore they do not have 1st choice when they play their Home games.Guernsey RFC have 1st option,this has caused big problems as regards fixtures.The Vase dates were known before the CCL Fixtures were known,but on many of those dates clash with Home games for Guernsey in the CCL. Ash could be the next Club to have to rearrange a FIXTURE.Maybe the only sensible way forward this year would be for Guernsey to contact the F.A. & CCL and request Away fixtures in all Cup competitions they are involved in.The Rugby Club have 4 home games in APRIL,so no spare dates there,the only answer would be Sunday fixtures following on from the Rugby.What state will the pitch be in though.

It's not as simple as you think Bob... So far only one team is scheduled to travel for a Friday night match and they seem quite content to do so.

It's not as simple as you think Bob... So far only one team is scheduled to travel for a Friday night match and they seem quite content to do so.

There is no rugby scheduled the following day, plus GFC had a "free" Saturday so presumably the League will be trying to line up a team to play on the Sunday - any takers?

Yes, I have heard that the whole point in playing on the Friday night was so another match could be played on the Sunday.

Beggars the question,was this asked for by the League,as G.F.has said there is no game planned for the Saturday.Or was it a Club to Club Agreement?Who in their right mind would volunteer for a Sunday Fixture,no night on the Town for the players.