Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

I don't think May is an option, especially if, as seems inevitable, promotion positions are involved. The FA require all leagues to be finished by a certain time so they can allocate the promoted and relegated clubs to their new leagues.

Smudge, to my knowledge, E&E have had no discussion with Guernsey regarding a future date for the fixture. We will leave it to lazarus.

Wow, you'd like to hope so or it puts all the other brainless posts on this topic into the shade.

The Channel Tunnel cost in the region of £5 billion and was procured in the mid 80s, if it was

built now it would be probably be closer to £15Bn, to get to Guernsey would be over twice as far making the costs far higher. Come on GFC, couldn't you have a quick whip round to stump up circa £50,000,000,000?!

Also 10 workers died during the construction

of the Channel Tunnel, a small price to pay to ensure it's easier to get there on a Tuesday night when it would be complete in about 15 years time for a few people on here who have an issue with them being in the pyramid..........

Were they English or French Matt??

GFC v Dorking is off, pitch waterlogged.

Thanks !

Thought that would happen.

Bright and dry here in leafy Dorking, but more heavy rain fore-cast in the next 36 hours.

I will text those that are interested, HKP.

I think that the Step 5/6 Leagues will have to give some leeway with clubs, so that if the season has to be extended until the 4th/7th May then it should be practical.

I did hear that the Western and Hellenic were looking at this, as both leagues have a fixture backlog due to the recent weather.

Always been grass but only really used for athletics events up until 2003 (I think) when they did the stand for the island games and made it multi use. Not sure if extra drainage was added at the time.

The whole area around there is quite low lying or the water table is higher there which means it will always be prone to flooding. I can't see that they will be able to do anything really.

I'm not sure many games were called off last season due to this? Just unusually high amounts of rain.

Pitches with athletic tracks usually drain better but this rain is non relenting more so in Guernsey at the moment

Croydon Arena being a prime example,NO GAMES called of this year,shame there was not a game there Saturday.Different kind of rain in Guernsey?BOBUK,you have certainly mellowed,hope your not going to become a Guernsey Convert,like most on here,remember what sells papers,it's not good news!!!!!!

Depends if the States of Guernsey is prepared to cough up, doubtful in the current climate.

Depends if the States of Guernsey is prepared to cough up, doubtful in the current climate.

Lot of sense spoken here. (Item 1)

http://www.sloughtownsoapbox.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/non-league-manifesto.html

No, it's not full size (that's what was said initially), a wasted oppurtunity.

Edited by HKP

No, it's not full size (that's what was said initially), a wasted oppurtunity.

.... and surely, a waste of money, given this might just be the way forward ?