Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

When the £3.5m regeneration of the King George V Field is completed, it will provide clubhouses, pitches and administrative facilities for Cricket, Rugby and Football. yes the 3G pitch originally proposed is not full size, (limited site size, space considerations, layout, other sports etc.) but what an excellent facilities for the junior football squads to have access to, especially the newly formed elite development program, being run by Guernsey FC player Angus Mackay, helping to create the next generation of players to represent the Island.

I am sure with the recent postponements, not to just GFC games but also the likes of the under 18 squad which cost the GFA £4000 as the team had already travelled when the heavens opened up again. Further consideration will be given to the size of the 3G pitch

I highly doubt it will be made full size for the reasons you mentioned. It will be a good addition to the island's facilities though but won't be cheap to hire no doubt...

And I'm not sure if people moaned about GFC not having a game today but it would almost certainly have been called off if it was originally a home game. The rain appears relentless.

There won't be any let up in the weather until the New Year.

Looks like a May finish for most leagues...

For ease of reference,

Guernsey FC Rearranged Fixtures

Guernsey FC has announced its rearranged fixtures for the remainder of the 2012/13 season.

Starting in March, fans will be treated to packed weekends of football, with Friday night and Sunday afternoon games at Footes Lane. March will see 10 games for the Green Lions, of which 7 will be at home, and there will be 8 fixtures in April, of which 5 will be at home. This could increase if Guernsey FC progresses further in either or both of the EL Records Premier Challenge Cup and the FA Carlsberg Vase.

March and April Fixtures:

Friday 1st March - 1945 Epsom & Ewell FC (H)

Sunday 3rd March - 1330 Cove FC (H)

Friday 8th March - 1945 Badshot Lea FC (A)

Friday 10th March - 1330 Dorking FC (H)

Tuesday 12th March - 1945 Bedfont Sports FC (A)

Sunday 17th March - 1330 South Park FC (H)

Tuesday 19th March - 1945 Epsom & Ewell FC (A)

Friday 22nd March - 1945 Sandhurst Town FC (H)

Sunday 24th March - 1330 Farnham Town FC (H)

Saturday 30th March - 1500 Hartley Wintney FC (H)

Monday 1st April - 1300 Windsor FC (A)

Friday 5th April - 1945 South Park FC (A)

Sunday 7th April - 1330 Camberley FC (A)

Friday 12th April - 1945 Horley Town FC (H)

Sunday 14th April - 1330 Raynes Park Vale FC (H)

Tuesday 16th April - 1945 Hanworth Villa FC (A)

Sunday 21st April - 1330 Hanworth Villa FC (H)

Saturday 27th April - 1500 Molesey FC (H)

The full updated fixture list is on the club's website at www.guernseyfc.com

Brilliant News,so nice of Clubs to be so accomodating with Sunday Fixtures in Guernsey.No reason now for them to turn down offers of Sunday Fixtures against more locally based Clubs.Which when mooted by me,was told by No Melts 'get a life'.Camberley's fixture is a Home match not away as posted.RYMAN LEAGUE beckons for the GREEN LIONS.Lazurus presume all the other Clubs fixtures have been arranged,and they have been informed likewise.SUNDAY MATCHES would be nice?

Is that dorking SUNDAY 10th March 13.30?

or a bizzare double header on the Friday? :)

Don't forget the Channel Islands have their own Calender, Jeff !!!!!!

:bolt:

the problem with these new dates is that the clubs who are travelling have not been asked i dont think?? i know we have not and have the league been informed?? also we would rather play on the sunday not yhe friday so has made these decisions??

I'm pretty sure these fixtures will have been drawn up by the League...

the problem with these new dates is that the clubs who are travelling have not been asked i dont think?? i know we have not and have the league been informed?? also we would rather play on the sunday not yhe friday so has made these decisions??

At the recent GFC Christmas Ball, it was mentioned the new dates had been sorted with a number of the games being Friday / Sunday games but no official announcement would be made till all teams had been informed via the correct league channels.

I therefore assume the League fixture secretary has informed all the clubs, or sanction the announcement.

On a personal note I think this will make it very difficult for GFC to gain promotion, as even with the most understanding employer to play 7 away games in January, and the squad to stay healthy for 10 games in thirty days (having already lost 4 very influential mid fielders so far this season) during March will be a huge challenge.

I am sure as anybody who has met a Donkey (Guernseyman) will know we are stubborn little Bas£ard$, and we will give it a go.

Keep it Green.

Allez les Verts!!