Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

is that a joke?

Wow, you'd like to hope so or it puts all the other brainless posts on this topic into the shade.

The Channel Tunnel cost in the region of £5 billion and was procured in the mid 80s, if it was built now it would be probably be closer to £15Bn, to get to Guernsey would be over twice as far making the costs far higher. Come on GFC, couldn't you have a quick whip round to stump up circa £50,000,000,000?!

Also 10 workers died during the construction of the Channel Tunnel, a small price to pay to ensure it's easier to get there on a Tuesday night when it would be complete in about 15 years time for a few people on here who have an issue with them being in the pyramid..........

is that a joke?

It was meant as humorous, yes.

Might solve the problem of getting to Guernsey though.

Clearly some people have got a real problem with this. It's very sad.

People seem to want to rely on the rule book to force Guernsey out or force them to play elsewhere, and a group of people, as always the ones who remain anonymous, are the most vociferous.

Some have even started criticising Lazarus now. Bobuk, if you want to retain any credibility whatsoever on this forum, you ought to let people know your credentials if you feel you could do a better job, as everyone knows here what Alan has done voluntarily and continues to do for this League over many years, a league his team doesn't even play in any more. What do you actually put in to the game?

While we're on the subject of the league though, it would have been really nice for some sort of statement to have been released explaining what they are looking to do as they must have a plan. Whilst they have no obligation to a forum like ours, it would have saved many of us a substantial amount of time having to read through 16 pages of which about 14 is complete rubbish. I understand why no decisions have been made yet, especially while they remain in the Vase but a few words here from them may have saved about 20,000 words on this forum. In fact, in the time it's taken to read this forum, I could have driven to Gatwick and flown over!

Guernsey are here. Deal with it. Yes, some self employed people may have a slight issue, but as I said earlier, you'd have no trouble taking a day off or more if you had a couple of trips North in the FA Vase. Anyone who can't prepare for one or maybe, just maybe, two days off in a whole year is either a) very disorganised, or B) just looking for an excuse.

I am intrigued by johnnojudo's remarks though, as obviously this is one his team may encounter next season. I'll also admit that the number of games off is getting to be a concern, and bearing in mind that rugby continues to be played there during all this, is there any possiblity for Guernsey to use the Track, or any other ground instead? Making an effort like that might go some way to appeasing some of the hate mob on here. However, some of the ill-informed and frankly bitter comments here show that it won't stop all of them regretfully.

I still believe that the Friday evening / Sunday afternoon issue is the only way forward if we are to avoid a large amount of midweek journeys. Like Krooner though, I don't really mind as I will be there regardless of whether I need to take a couple of days off or not. Going to different places is what it's all about for a supporter and as soon as we get a date (which the league will advise with plenty of notice) it will go straight onto my holiday list.

In a perfect world, Friday night Guernsey v Epsom, Sunday afternoon Guernsey v Camberley. I'll pass on the egg chasing in the middle though. Fancy a few pints Krooner, we'll do a long weekend?

People seem to want to rely on the rule book to force Guernsey out or force them to play elsewhere, and a group of people, as always the ones who remain anonymous, are the most vociferous.

Some have even started criticising Lazarus now. Bobuk, if you want to retain any credibility whatsoever on this forum, you ought to let people know your credentials if you feel you could do a better job, as everyone knows here what Alan has done voluntarily and continues to do for this League over many years, a league his team doesn't even play in any more. What do you actually put in to the game?

While we're on the subject of the league though, it would have been really nice for some sort of statement to have been released explaining what they are looking to do as they must have a plan. Whilst they have no obligation to a forum like ours, it would have saved many of us a substantial amount of time having to read through 16 pages of which about 14 is complete rubbish. I understand why no decisions have been made yet, especially while they remain in the Vase but a few words here from them may have saved about 20,000 words on this forum. In fact, in the time it's taken to read this forum, I could have driven to Gatwick and flown over!

Guernsey are here. Deal with it. Yes, some self employed people may have a slight issue, but as I said earlier, you'd have no trouble taking a day off or more if you had a couple of trips North in the FA Vase. Anyone who can't prepare for one or maybe, just maybe, two days off in a whole year is either a) very disorganised, or B) just looking for an excuse.

I am intrigued by johnnojudo's remarks though, as obviously this is one his team may encounter next season. I'll also admit that the number of games off is getting to be a concern, and bearing in mind that rugby continues to be played there during all this, is there any possiblity for Guernsey to use the Track, or any other ground instead? Making an effort like that might go some way to appeasing some of the hate mob on here. However, some of the ill-informed and frankly bitter comments here show that it won't stop all of them regretfully.

I still believe that the Friday evening / Sunday afternoon issue is the only way forward if we are to avoid a large amount of midweek journeys. Like Krooner though, I don't really mind as I will be there regardless of whether I need to take a couple of days off or not. Going to different places is what it's all about for a supporter and as soon as we get a date (which the league will advise with plenty of notice) it will go straight onto my holiday list.

In a perfect world, Friday night Guernsey v Epsom, Sunday afternoon Guernsey v Camberley. I'll pass on the egg chasing in the middle though. Fancy a few pints Krooner, we'll do a long weekend?

Game on mate. Bit of cricket outside the pub in the street at 11.30 as well eh ? I reckon VP could be up for that too :)

The possibility of playing at the Track I'm sure will have been investigated. Bels kindly offered its use to GFC in the past, but unfortunately it was too wet there on the day as well.

This does seem to be the crux. Clearly Smudge started this thread and I'm sure he had good intentions creating the debate but the constant droning trolling from, in particular, two anonymous individuals really is making a mockery of this.

Let's try and talk about this without abuse and complete nonsense filling every other post.

From my personal point of view, this is a senior league in the Non League System. It is a pyramid and the point is to try and climb the leagues as best you can. Having to make one tricky away trip all season that might get cancelled at short notice is reasonable at this level IMO. If you as a player or a club can't cope with that level of commitment then maybe senior football is not where you should be.

I am intrigued by johnnojudo's remarks though, as obviously this is one his team may encounter next season.

It was just a point i thought id make.

Id love to see Guernsey in the Southern league next year (all though id expect them to enter Ryman South) and i personally would take time out of work to spend a weekend over there or take a day off midweek to have the experience of flying over there, hotels etc etc.

Ive played in front of 4000 screaming Afc Wombles fans so know what its like to have that experience. Its a great learning curve and the experience is invaluable!

The Track has been on standby for a couple of games I believe and was the only pitch playable on Saturday when Bels (the owner's) played a Priaulx League fixture on it. The only other pitches suitable for CCL football would i guess be the Corbet Field or Blanche Pierre Lane. The corbet suffers even worse than Footes Lane and I would very much doubt if Vale Rec. would want to allow GFC to use their facilities.

As reported elsewhere, Guernsey have offered to play on Friday and Sunday's.

I would also like BobUK to say why hes so anti Guernsey, there is something slightly odd about some of his comments.

Guernsey is different class treat you well on the pitch well kind off and off the pitch I'm sure they will get there games in they have a very professional bunch running them who I'm sure have a plan. There is still 4 months maybe 5 to get the games in so i cant see a problem...................good luck in the Vase hope you go all the way and have loads of games to catch up :P and Egham can be 20 points clear.................i think the majority of players ,fans want you not to go up so they can visit the wonderful island again

It was just a point i thought id make.

Id love to see Guernsey in the Southern league next year (all though id expect them to enter Ryman South) and i personally would take time out of work to spend a weekend over there or take a day off midweek to have the experience of flying over there, hotels etc etc.

Ive played in front of 4000 screaming Afc Wombles fans so know what its like to have that experience. Its a great learning curve and the experience is invaluable!

Hate to say it johnno but I remember a sub coming on one CCL game, followed by a rendition of 'get your mascot off the pitch'. Wasn't you was it? :)

I see on the unofficial CCL fixture site that Guernsey v Horley is on a Friday in April.

Hate to say it johnno but I remember a sub coming on one CCL game, followed by a rendition of 'get your mascot off the pitch'. Wasn't you was it? :)

I see on the unofficial CCL fixture site that Guernsey v Horley is on a Friday in April.

It was actually 'get your mascot off the post' while Afc had a corner! And yes, it was me and Higgy who were of course the shortest on the pitch!

From a match official's point-of-view, i'd be happy to take a day's leave to go out on a mid-week day or Friday to do a game in Guernsey. If the Friday / Sunday scenario becomes a reality then perhaps a team of 4 officials could go - one L4 ref to do the Friday game, another to do the Sunday game with both alternating as 4th official, or replacement AR if required, on the other game.

Additionally, all the match officials I've spoken to who've been to Guernsey were very happy to do so and viewed the trip as an opportunity to experience something new and different to the norm.

This does seem to be the crux. Clearly Smudge started this thread and I'm sure he had good intentions creating the debate but the constant droning trolling from, in particular, two anonymous individuals really is making a mockery of this.

Let's try and talk about this without abuse and complete nonsense filling every other post.

From my personal point of view, this is a senior league in the Non League System. It is a pyramid and the point is to try and climb the leagues as best you can. Having to make one tricky away trip all season that might get cancelled at short notice is reasonable at this level IMO. If you as a player or a club can't cope with that level of commitment then maybe senior football is not where you should be.

So Leigh,they have been put on Moderator Control,like my goodself has been for the past 8 weeks.As were Tigger,Tree hugger,I presume.Do not expect this post to see the light of day on this Forum,prove me wrong!!!!!!!!!

I guess the difference is this. There are people who post here anonymously and no one minds because they don't purely post negative, rude or insulting posts.

Bomaya it's not negative or rude or insulting it's an opinion weather you like it or not I'm telling you how I see it and how other people see it who I've spoken to.

This league should be be easy to manage for Guernsey but they have struggled due to there weather.

I'm not going to waffle on anymore but this is as I've said its my opinion