Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 15th December games

TRS

good stuff TRS :D Poor Ref today i thought! Should have seen that was a pen not a free kick and i thought the Keeper was lucky not to be sent off for the foul on Egham foward Brendon Mathew in the Second half :o

Well done Egham, good to see you are flying, you have three players in Jim ward, Luke Craig and Steve Coultas who were with me at Knaphill who are all great players and it's there for you to win now, you've got the points on the board, hope you keep it up.

Ref didnt have the best game today at Egham, 1st foul was inside the area and was a sending off as he was in on goal to mosts amazement the player didnt even get a card, the 2nd foul by the Keeper was the correct desicion yellow card as his touch took him away from goal there was few other bad calls but players have bad games so refs i suppose can aswell. It was a more workmanlike perfomance by Egham.

Cove are a very young side in the same mould as Windsor and they will float around 4th-8th position in the league........Egham now 10 points clear of Guernsey and 8 clear of Badshot......Guernsey still favourites as they have 5 games in hand

Always good to read a thorough report. Bit partisan but fair on the whole! :P

We agree the ref had a stinker! Thing is, it wasn't a dirty game really, nobody went into a challenge to hurt an opponent - I think the players just got irritable because some of the decisions were a little odd and it then reflected in the general mood of the game.

Westfield 2-1 Banstead

Banstead were solid organised and a big side. We took an early lead but they hit back just before half time.

2nd half we dominated possesion but didnt test the keeper as we struggled to break them down. They worked their socks off closing us down. Thankfully we snatched an injury time winner through Shane Cheeseman which as much as we deserved was also equally as tough on them who would have earned their point.

The ref was by far the best we've had all season, let the game flow and was approachable for both teams. Always had a smile on his face. 2nd time we have faced Banstead and must add they are probably the friendliest side both on and off the pitch. Good luck for the season

i felt last week the 5 1 flattered dorking fc a little, goals change games

this week croydon went two nil up after three chances and a matched half hour

for the first time this year two nil down didnt mean we all went home

really felt we were still in the game and the match was a well welcomed cracker

think it finished 5 3!

a pleasure to talk briefly with some croydon fc officials/fans

where were the CFC managers and players post match though?

we had grub, christmas songs, and etta james.

oh yeah that will be why. not losing from 2 0 up........

Sorry I couldn't make it down, Jeff. Docs orders, I'm afraid. This bronchitis is a real bu**er to shift but thanks for the updates, (thick and fast, as it happened.)

Congrats to Glynn and Hurdy. Looks like the fire is back in the boiler !!

Thanks! Amazing how Frimley went unbeaten for so long and now have lost 2 in 2 isn't it? This leagues wide open!

No Probs. That was courtesy of Chris C, who, being the perfect gentleman that he is, always texts me results if he knows I'm not in a position to get them first hand.

Wood v Windsor Report Here - http://spiderbee.tripod.com/cwufc/id11.html

:(

In your report you at "A theatrical dive and holding of the face by a Windsor player saw Grobler receive his second yellow card even though he was nowhere near the incident and he was sent off as the game became more farcical. (Post match attempts to ascertain the reason for the card were fruitless as the referee remained in his changing room until 6pm)."

The reason he got sent off was for running 20 yards towards the original incident to stick his head in the face of Dan Hicks. This was done within one yard of the assistant.

The only thing that was hard to understand was why he was shown a second yellow and not a straight red.

What was the Frimley v spelly score?

Spelly won 3-1, and were fully deserving of all three points.

Frimley started brightly and had the best of the opening 15 minutes, then Spelthorne upped their effort and out battled Frimley in every department. You could say that Frimley had an off day, but for the majority of their team to have a mare on the same day is pretty unusual. But then credit has to go to the entire Spelthorne team who defended well, pressed for 90 minutes and took all three of their goals very well.

First goal came from Spelthornes left wing as Darryl North cut in and got to the byline before rifling a low shot past Frimley keeper. Frimley got a goal back 5 minutes later from a half cleared corner.

Second half saw Spelthorne start fast, and within 5 minutes were 2-1 up as Staples broke free from his markers and raced through to slide the ball home. Spelthorne continued to press and a deep corner was headed home by new signing Danny.

Spelthorne then did what all teams do, and sat deeper, allowing Frimley more ball, but Frimley never hurt Spelly. Long balls were cleared by the back four, and anything they tried to work through the middle was snuffed out by the hard working midfield.

Simmo was poor for frimley, not having a personal attack, but he just didnt want to know yesterday. Pulled out of tackles and did no running for his team who grew frustrated with their hitman and were having pops at him all the time. Even the Frimley fans were getting on his back. I still rate Pagey, and Baker as better strikers then the Frimley pair, but just my opinion.

A good recovery from last weeks diabolical showing at Eversley, and we must do the same against Westfield this weekend.

In your report you at "A theatrical dive and holding of the face by a Windsor player saw Grobler receive his second yellow card even though he was nowhere near the incident and he was sent off as the game became more farcical. (Post match attempts to ascertain the reason for the card were fruitless as the referee remained in his changing room until 6pm)."

The reason he got sent off was for running 20 yards towards the original incident to stick his head in the face of Dan Hicks. This was done within one yard of the assistant.

The only thing that was hard to understand was why he was shown a second yellow and not a straight red.

A second yellow btw.

Not that any Windsor player didn't do the same!

You must have been embarrased by the original incident though?

A second yellow btw.

Not that any Windsor player didn't do the same!

You must have been embarrased by the original incident though?

Chris, you really should learn to read before typing.

I clearly stated that it was a second yellow, and which Windsor player ran 20 yards up the pitch to get involved in something that didn't concern him to head butt an opposing player?

I have nothing to be embarrassed about. The original foul saw a player got knocked to the floor and when he gets up he his suddenly head butted.

What I would be embarrassed about is the fact that the player sent off was then claiming he was waiting for our number 10 at the end of the game and had to be forced back into the changing rooms after the match.

Chris, you really should learn to read before typing.

I clearly stated that it was a second yellow, and which Windsor player ran 20 yards up the pitch to get involved in something that didn't concern him to head butt an opposing player?

I have nothing to be embarrassed about. The original foul saw a player got knocked to the floor and when he gets up he his suddenly head butted.

What I would be embarrassed about is the fact that the player sent off was then claiming he was waiting for our number 10 at the end of the game and had to be forced back into the changing rooms after the match.

That is a lie!

As for the end of game thing I was not aware of that and I am sure our management team will deal with that, or will have dealt with it already!