Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sat 12th Jan

Fair enough so do you know who it was then that was swearing loud enough to be held in the rec?

Glynn is quite right about Dorking staff, players and officials.

I have to say I watched the majority of the game from the outside the club-house door and I didn't hear any shouting of abusive or crude language.

I was approximately 4 feet from the touch-line and some 20 feet from the fence between the ground and the recreation park, so I suggest who-ever 'heard' this language must have extremely good hearing and should apply for a job with M.I.5.

Had I heard continuous bad language, or had it reported to me, I would have taken immediate action.

DFC may be suffering some bad results at the moment, but we do pride ourselves as a family friendly club, as Glynn stated on Radio Wey on Friday evening.

Q.E.D.

Glynn is quite right about Dorking staff, players and officials.

I have to say I watched the majority of the game from the outside the club-house door and I didn't hear any shouting of abusive or crude language.

I was approximately 4 feet from the touch-line and some 20 feet from the fence between the ground and the recreation park, so I suggest who-ever 'heard' this language must have extremely good hearing and should apply for a job with M.I.5.

Had I heard continuous bad language, or had it reported to me, I would have taken immediate action.

DFC may be suffering some bad results at the moment, but we do pride ourselves as a family friendly club, as Glynn stated on Radio Wey on Friday evening.

Q.E.D.

I'm sure a mother looking after her six year old was really straining to hear bad language. And then felt like passing it on because they had nothing better to do with their Saturday. Or maybe they were lying to me. Yeah that makes more sense.

If your friend is there again, and can hear bad language being used, (if it is the case, it must have been coming from the dug out side, which I find hard to believe), pleae ask her to come to the gate and ask for a club official.

I can only reiterate that we, as a club wil NOT tolerate this behaviour and have in fact, in the past, asked people to leave the ground.

Edited by Big J R

Had to work yesterday so could not play.

Have heard a rumour that Westfield called off the game with Frimley as they were not at full strength and worried.

Also, Chertsey have done well under Johnno. 9 points is a fine managerial display

We were virtually full strength and the players were absolutely gutted.

Also off the pitch we missed out as would have been a big crowd and our partner club were sponsoring the match and with 11 mascots arranged.

Also Frimley haven't played for a few weeks so from our point of view it would have been a great time to get at them- the lads were all chomping at the bit after a good performance Tuesday

So in answer to your question no we were not worried but instead very dissapointed

Heard Matt Baker dislocated his shoulder for Eversley yesterday, wish him well.

Our centre half also the same injury redders

Twitter - Sheerwater win 2-1 with late winner over eversley

Well done Sheerwater for an excellent result, the shock of the weekend.....come on most of you didn't think Eversley would lose :o

Its a bit quiet on the Eversley front regarding this result, normally quite verbal after their games with excellent match reports or comments on the game ....strange ?

I can give you a match report. Awful game (worst I've seen all season!!), dreadful pitch, crap conditions, poor officials......very poor players. Fair play to Sheerwater though, they were the better team and deserved the win - they have now beaton Eversley twice this season.....and have only won 4 games. I'm not surprised that Eversley are quiet today, that result has severely damaged any promotion hopes they had (although lack of ground progress will stop them going up anyway!). Can't see them finishing in the top 6 let alone top 3 after such a poor performance.

I went to this game also and in the opening 5 minutes thought it would be a comfortable win for Eversley. Fair play to Sheerwater though who deserved their win and I think they have one of the best young keepers in the CCL. Even if he does look like Ron Jeremy !

I was unable to attend the game this weekend,due to family commitments. I'll try and get someone who did attend to write a report and I'll post it on here.

Disappointing result for us......but that's football. Congratulations to all at Sheerwater,from what I heard they worked hard and deserved the 3pts.

I'll be interested to see if your prediction of us finishing outside the top 6 is proved correct at the end of the season Chubby. One result is going to affect the end of season league positions too much. The weather and number of games required to play in a short space of time will have a far greater impact.

had a run out for the reserves at harefield utd sat game ended 4-3 to bedfont sports was suprised how well the pitch was an it didnt cut up at all superb to play on after all the recent weather hats off to the harefield groundsman !!!

I went to this game also and in the opening 5 minutes thought it would be a comfortable win for Eversley. Fair play to Sheerwater though who deserved their win and I think they have one of the best young keepers in the CCL. Even if he does look like Ron Jeremy !

Keepers young but what with a moustache !!!! Perhaps the ''movie screen'' wasn't his thing . :o!

Cheers Chubbs, NLN and Daniel for your Sheerwater comments

Just about got into a better mood after sat. Firstly the pitch was poor but both teams agreed to it and full credit to sheerwater for getting the game played.

Eversley were the better side in the game and had more of the ball as sheerwater played on the break. The longer we didn't score the sheers player gained more belief and then a poor goal given away as a mix up at the back led to a tap in for sheers after 25 minutes. The rest of the half was even but a penalty put away by baker made the score 1 1 at ht.

The second half we pushed forward trying the get ahead but our final ball was poor and when we did get the shot on target the sheers keeper pulled off some great saves. Again as the game went on sheers grew into the game and in the last 15 minutes also made afew good chances but missed them. Baker has done his shoulder again so came off and be out for a few weeks maybe more. Hamilton had our best chance with a header 5 yards out but put it staight at the keeper. With a couple of minutes to go sheers had a breakaway with us pushing and this time a cool finish made us pay. The final whisle went a few seconds later.

A big blow to us and now really makes the frimley game we must get something out if. Yes we were poor but sheerwater player worked they socks off and in the end got a win . Good luck to them for rest of season.

The young keeper at Sheerwater is probably Ricky Borratt, former Youth keeper at Epsom. He was with them at the start of the season. He has a kick like a mule!

As for Epsom, Badshot Lea may now have lost four in five of their recent League games, but I don't think they were poor, we just did not allow them to play at all. Our passing and control was superb throughout, and whilst most of us will see a great half an hour here or there, I thought we had a great 90 minutes, although maybe the five minutes of second half injury time was a bit wobbly!

Had we dropped points it would have been a massive injustice and I'm sure anyone who saw the game from Badshot would agree.

As for Krooners comments about the "p" word, I mentioned at the start of the season that our League is very competitive, so this points per game issue really counts against us and maybe needs revision by the FA. Maybe they could rank a league's strength by performances in Vase and FA Cup instead, but it is currently easier to go up from a league with two or three good sides e.g. United Counties, than it is for our league. For what it's worth though, I hope two will go up, regardless of whether or not that contains us

Right now, I think we probably have too much work to do still. However, we are on a great run, so all we can do is keep winning games in between the snow and rain and we'll see where it gets us.

The young keeper at Sheerwater is probably Ricky Borratt, former Youth keeper at Epsom. He was with them at the start of the season. He has a kick like a mule!

As for Epsom, Badshot Lea may now have lost four in five of their recent League games, but I don't think they were poor, we just did not allow them to play at all. Our passing and control was superb throughout, and whilst most of us will see a great half an hour here or there, I thought we had a great 90 minutes, although maybe the five minutes of second half injury time was a bit wobbly!

Had we dropped points it would have been a massive injustice and I'm sure anyone who saw the game from Badshot would agree.

As for Krooners comments about the "p" word, I mentioned at the start of the season that our League is very competitive, so this points per game issue really counts against us and maybe needs revision by the FA. Maybe they could rank a league's strength by performances in Vase and FA Cup instead, but it is currently easier to go up from a league with two or three good sides e.g. United Counties, than it is for our league. For what it's worth though, I hope two will go up, regardless of whether or not that contains us

Right now, I think we probably have too much work to do still. However, we are on a great run, so all we can do is keep winning games in between the snow and rain and we'll see where it gets us.

Any comments In The Know about the above defeat Saturday, and to the current form you team are on, from being good title contenders but now slowly fading away.... as it seems ? Probably injuries, suspensions ?