Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SATURDAY 23rd FEB: SCORES & RESULTS.

Mewcenary

Not resting at all - 5 injuries, 1 suspended & 1 working means the 1st team coach and 6 Youth team players involved today. Still creating a number of chances, just need to put one of them away now ! Sums it up when the only regular 1st team player in the back four today also goes off injured early in the game.

No disrespect, but we have had a dreadful time recently result-wise, we played saturday, monday, thursday, today - then tuesday, thursday and saturday again this week. We had five regular squad players out, started two that have been out for over two weeks and came to stag meadow as big underdogs but in the view of most people deserved the win today. The reality with this league is that player availability is often hit and miss but as a manager you have to get on with it and work with what you have on the day. As I said to their management after the game, Windsor deserve great credit for the way they have turned their season around and I am pleased for them, but today was a good quality game of football played on an excellent surface, so let's leave the bias out of the equation and accept today for what it was. I thought the game was played in a good spirit and there was no lack of quality or effort and, apart from the later - and slightly unfair on both sides - bookings the referee had a reasonably good game. Pretty much what we all look for in a game of football. We move on to another busy week when all of my squad will be tested to the limit with a series of games and the need to juggle their work around them, but we will hope to build on the positive aspects of today. We have, I must admit, put a 7 day approach in this evening for the pitch!

Good game, played in the right spirit - what your guy was booked for late on I have no idea.

I think Windsor deserved at point - far more efforts on goal, espec in the 1st half but your keeper made a couple of excellent saves, otherwise all shots went straight at him.

I felt you were a bigger, stronger and more experienced team and that told in the end.

Well played.

Player/manager Ian Bates said on twitter he enjoyed the hospitality but: Just 1 complaint. At home we warm up with match footballs,more than 5bibs and 10cones. We got. 6 crap balls. #sortitout

Some other interesting comments by Ian on there. https://twitter.com/basherbates7

It would appear he has a short or selective memory.

You Guernsey posters make me sick sometimes,we know how good you are,but are others not allowed to question your methods of welcoming.You only have to read the commments on Guernsey Press,to see how Guernsey people are. I Would say Racist,against Immigrants.unfortunately You live 20 years in the past,Hows the fence going.?

Racists? Really?

Rumours of Smudge launching a campaign to stand as a CCL officer are gathering pace:

Player/manager Ian Bates said on twitter he enjoyed the hospitality but: Just 1 complaint. At home we warm up with match footballs,more than 5bibs and 10cones. We got. 6 crap balls. #sortitout

Some other interesting comments by Ian on there. https://twitter.com/basherbates7

Have to say that everything was superb when we went to Guernsey apart from the equipment given for the warm up.

Too few cones, too few bibs and balls that should have been binned years ago.

Not resting at all - 5 injuries, 1 suspended & 1 working means the 1st team coach and 6 Youth team players involved today. Still creating a number of chances, just need to put one of them away now ! Sums it up when the only regular 1st team player in the back four today also goes off injured early in the game.

No disrespect, but we have had a dreadful time recently result-wise, we played saturday, monday, thursday, today - then tuesday, thursday and saturday again this week. We had five regular squad players out, started two that have been out for over two weeks and came to stag meadow as big underdogs but in the view of most people deserved the win today. The reality with this league is that player availability is often hit and miss but as a manager you have to get on with it and work with what you have on the day. As I said to their management after the game, Windsor deserve great credit for the way they have turned their season around and I am pleased for them, but today was a good quality game of football played on an excellent surface, so let's leave the bias out of the equation and accept today for what it was. I thought the game was played in a good spirit and there was no lack of quality or effort and, apart from the later - and slightly unfair on both sides - bookings the referee had a reasonably good game. Pretty much what we all look for in a game of football. We move on to another busy week when all of my squad will be tested to the limit with a series of games and the need to juggle their work around them, but we will hope to build on the positive aspects of today. We have, I must admit, put a 7 day approach in this evening for the pitch!

Hammer59, we're all aware of the vagaries of player availability and nowhere have I said the result was unfair or undeserved so I'm not quite sure where the accusation of bias comes from. All I've said is the there were changes to the team and that we've created chances but not put them away which is hardly rose-tinted spectacle stuff is it ?

By the way the pitch is contracted so it's a transfer fee I'm afraid and you can join the queue waiting to make a bid. LOL. Bit disappointed really as I'm sure I saw the ball take a bobble once in the second-half !

A good result for Epsom yesterday.

We came up against a very hard working Raynes Park side but unlike at High Road we were unable to pass them off the pitch. Our first goal however was absolute quality and would have ripped apart any side at this level.

A fortunate second goal when the RPV defender knocked the ball into the face of his keeper and into the net gave us the breathing space that we needed.

Second half though it got tougher, and the loss of a player for a handball on the line enable them to equalise after 72 minutes and I thought our winning run was over. It would have been had they not hit the post after 82 with the ball coming straight back into our keeper's arms!

The winning goal was a wonderful strike though and so the run continues, albeit in fortunate circumstances against a good Raynes Park team that will surprise a few before the season is out.

There are only 17 teams remaining in English senior football with a perfect League record in 2013 and we have played 8, which along with Thamesmead Town is more than any of the others. Some of us are very proud of that. Others at the club are less so and want to hide the fact away because they fear it motivates others.

If you are coming to play us and aren't motivated enough already because we are at the top and therefore a target, then a little winning run will make no extra difference to your motivation.

Have to say that everything was superb when we went to Guernsey apart from the equipment given for the warm up.

Too few cones, too few bibs and balls that should have been binned years ago.

Pre-game warm up equipment.... a Guernsey ploy maybe....... ;) If this becomes an issue, I'm sure a profeassional outfit like Guernsey will solve this issue....who's next playing them at Footes Lane ?... can you please confirm, the world is waiting ha ha

Thought Guernsey were better than tit for tat Bommie.Now we know different.Suprised Egham have not pulled the plug on GFCTV yet,After the low grade hotel they were allocated,when visiting the Green Isle,and the abuse they got over a waterlogged pitch postponement.

TBF, I did not see any abuse aimed at the club over the postponement. Plenty very disappointed by the Referee's decision. As far as I know Egham were as disappointed as anyone that the match was off. They were very confident it would be played.

Edited by HKP

A massive game for momentum and confidence for both sides.When have Guernsey not scored in a game in the CCLthis year?At Camberley and Epsom and Ewell, both games that they lost,just a coincidence that GFCTV was not shown in the U.K? Interesting fact,you must agree.

A good result for Epsom yesterday.

We came up against a very hard working Raynes Park side but unlike at High Road we were unable to pass them off the pitch. Our first goal however was absolute quality and would have ripped apart any side at this level.

A fortunate second goal when the RPV defender knocked the ball into the face of his keeper and into the net gave us the breathing space that we needed.

Second half though it got tougher, and the loss of a player for a handball on the line enable them to equalise after 72 minutes and I thought our winning run was over. It would have been had they not hit the post after 82 with the ball coming straight back into our keeper's arms!

The winning goal was a wonderful strike though and so the run continues, albeit in fortunate circumstances against a good Raynes Park team that will surprise a few before the season is out.

There are only 17 teams remaining in English senior football with a perfect League record in 2013 and we have played 8, which along with Thamesmead Town is more than any of the others. Some of us are very proud of that. Others at the club are less so and want to hide the fact away because they fear it motivates others.

If you are coming to play us and aren't motivated enough already because we are at the top and therefore a target, then a little winning run will make no extra difference to your motivation.

I find it hard to believe that anyone at Epsom would not be proud of what the players have acheived so far this season

There are only 17 teams remaining in English senior football with a perfect League record in 2013 and we have played 8, which along with Thamesmead Town is more than any of the others.

Top notch stat. You should get a job with Opta.

I find it hard to believe that anyone at Epsom would not be proud of what the players have acheived so far this season

Then we have a funny way of showing it. Smacks of paranoia on the part of certain people who can't or won't see the bigger picture.

I also didn't say "not proud" I said "less proud". I don't expect you to understand though.

Thanks VPCTFC. It took me five hours to go through all approximately 1,260 clubs in senior football and track their records back to January (and beyond, where required). It's nice to know my work is appreciated somewhere, as for some reason our club chose to remove the article from their website. Without consulting or discussing it with me, naturally.

Edited by E&E Fred

Then we have a funny way of showing it. Smacks of paranoia on the part of certain people who can't or won't see the bigger picture.

I also didn't say "not proud" I said "less proud". I don't expect you to understand though.

Thanks VPCTFC. It took me five hours to go through all approximately 1,260 clubs in senior football and track their records back to January (and beyond, where required). It's nice to know my work is appreciated somewhere, as for some reason our club chose to remove the article from their website. Without consulting or discussing it with me, naturally.

You got a job E&E.....ha ha ha ;)