Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

JUDGEMENT NIGHT Tuesday 26th Feb

bobuk

I wouldn't be surprised, Allen is a class act.

Probably the best player in non league (ok, apart from Lee Pearce and Jamie Redrup...)

that is such a true statement !!!!!!

over there its terrible think the refs get drawn into the crowd

Exactly and the players know this and add more pressure on the ref, the Guernsey players are very clever at this just hope the ref don't buy into it

The biggest whinger on Saturday was the captain of Wembley, constantly in the referee's ear.

The biggest whinger on Saturday was the captain of Wembley, constantly in the referee's ear.

That's my point nothing was going his way due to how protected the Guernsey players are fair play to the Guernsey fans they are the 12th man and they put pressure on the ref

I suppose the other big game tonight Chessington & Hook United vs Horley Town :D , will be off only have to spit on the picth for it to be off. Can not remember the last away League game on a Tuesday its been so long!

It is quite nice to know that we have now played at Chessington and Raynes Park, so "in theory" there should be less postponements for us around the corner.

Smudge, no loss of sleep. Although it's quite a nice run, the league table is the more important, which is an exciting enough position in itself, considering our league position in the past two seasons. I'm just enjoying the ride while it continues. Also, there's a far bigger game on tonight.

As for referees getting swayed by a home crowd, that is just human nature, and one of the reasons that teams win more at home than away. Appealing all the time won't work, but even a handful of us behind the goal have won penalties and corners. Guernsey will always have a strong record at home for as long as they play teams from the mainland, but how far they can actually go will be determined by their away form, especially if they have to put out weakened teams when the fixtures start to get played more frequently.

you have to see with your own eyes before going by stats totally agree chubby iwouldnt say allen is the best player in the league the best striker on goals yes by a country mile ;)

Newby, I agree with you. I've seen Allen twice this season and on both occasions he did very little but did show some skill so no doubt a telent. Keeping him quiet, now that could be down to the opponents doing their homework on him, but in both games he scored !!!....so yes, the best goalscorer in the CCL as the stats prove, but that is thanks to his team mates and Guernsey game plan may I add. Now with regards to Football League clubs watching Allen, I am sure they are, but are they that interested in a prolofic goalscorer in the CCL Div. 1/Premier at Levels 5 & 6 especially at the age of 26 ? I'm not too sure 'cos some defensive displays I've seen this season leaves something to be desired.

Nevertheless, should Guernsey get promotion and Allen replicates his CCL goal scoring achievements todate at level 4, then certainly there could be more serious attention given to him from a Football League side in my opinion.

I suppose the other big game tonight Chessington & Hook United vs Horley Town :D , will be off only have to spit on the picth for it to be off. Can not remember the last away League game on a Tuesday its been so long!

Cart, its been drizzling all morning so I wouldn't build up your hopes ... ;) !!!

It is quite nice to know that we have now played at Chessington and Raynes Park, so "in theory" there should be less postponements for us around the corner.

Smudge, no loss of sleep. Although it's quite a nice run, the league table is the more important, which is an exciting enough position in itself, considering our league position in the past two seasons. I'm just enjoying the ride while it continues. Also, there's a far bigger game on tonight.

As for referees getting swayed by a home crowd, that is just human nature, and one of the reasons that teams win more at home than away. Appealing all the time won't work, but even a handful of us behind the goal have won penalties and corners. Guernsey will always have a strong record at home for as long as they play teams from the mainland, but how far they can actually go will be determined by their away form, especially if they have to put out weakened teams when the fixtures start to get played more frequently.

E&E I wouldn't tend to agree about teams winning more games at home in the CCL neverlessless, when you have @ 1000 spectators bellowing at you, it may affect one's judgement lets say..... ;) !

Guernsey squad,

Paul De Garis (GK)

Naro Zimmerman

Jacques Isabelle

Sam Cochrane (Captain)

Alex Le Prevost

Kieran Mahon

Scott Bradford

Dave Rihoy

Matt Loaring

Glyn Dyer

Dominic Heaume

Ross Allen

Nigel Hutton

Carl Walbridge

E&E I wouldn't tend to agree about teams winning more games at home in the CCL neverlessless, when you have @ 1000 spectators bellowing at you, it may affect one's judgement lets say..... ;) !

Think it is more to do with staying in a 5 STAR HOTEL,that affects their Judgement.Heard Mr Fish was in charge tonight.Remember him,the only Ref,to send a Guernsey Player OFF,He got loudly booed by the Massive Crowd,and alledgely asked never to step foot in Guernsey again.

I refuse to believe that of Wembleys skipper. A true gent when ever I reffed him. So nice in fact he spent most of the game chatting to me :)

Edited by Krooner