Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

JUDGEMENT NIGHT Tuesday 26th Feb

bobuk

Think it is more to do with staying in a 5 STAR HOTEL,that affects their Judgement.Heard Mr Fish was in charge tonight.Remember him,the only Ref,to send a Guernsey Player OFF,He got loudly booed by the Massive Crowd,and alledgely asked never to step foot in Guernsey again.

So Smudge you are saying as they stay in a nice hotel they give Guernsey decisions, so therefore you are saying they are dishonest?

Where has this allegation that he has asked never to step foot in Guernsey? Do you have any proof or is this just more shit you are flinging?

Edited by Jade

Jade it is called 'Mind Conditioning' if people treat you well,you treat them accordingly.It is a subconscious thing that we all do,even you, as your last post implies.Just imagine I was playing for a Team,and you were the Ref,would I last 90 mins.Of course not!!!!!!!!.Still at my age 5 mins is an achievement.

A referee treating a team 'well' has nothing to do with hospitality, but everything to do with the team's conduct on the pitch. And that treatment doesn't mean that decisions will be given deliberately to the other team!

Knaphill kindly provide towels to the visiting officials. This doesn't mean they get a few extra corners or penalties in the game.

To back my statement up,lets take the Wembley skipper that many Guernsey posters have criticised.I have met him,a thoroughly Nice Fellow.But his Mind was conditioned before the game started,Lack of Balls,Bibs,Cones,was not a nice gesture towards the Wembley Players,as their preparation was impeded.

Then the classic in reverse,sorry to mention it for the umpteenth time,GFCTV being pulled,made many Guernsey Fans irate,were they upset,of course they were,maybe the Players were also,as it brought about 2 defeats.Was Guernseys Mind set affected,I WOULD SAY YES.

Wonder who the ref is tonight in the Guernsey match? Hopefully strong and not bias.Guernsey tend to get favourable decisions

When the appointments were originally made, they were listed as:-

Referee:- Mr Andrew Connor.

1st Asst:- Mr Phil Paice.

2nd Asst:- Mr Phill Nash.

But we all know how quickly things can change !

Edited by Big J R

A referee treating a team 'well' has nothing to do with hospitality, but everything to do with the team's conduct on the pitch. And that treatment doesn't mean that decisions will be given deliberately to the other team!

Knaphill kindly provide towels to the visiting officials. This doesn't mean they get a few extra corners or penalties in the game.

Easy Mewcenary,a contradictory statement,so if a Teams Players Conduct is exemplary,they may get more decisions?Knaphill have always been one step ahead of the other Teams in this League,did it have your initials on it?

We may well outnumber them....

If you get through, it'll be nice to have the guaranteed home game in the two-legged semi as so far Guernsey have the two best attendances in the Vase this season.

1,026 Guernsey v Farnham Town

1,005 Guernsey v Erith & Belvedere

Next best was 607.

(stats courtsey of John Treleven on Non League Matters)

Jade it is called 'Mind Conditioning' if people treat you well,you treat them accordingly.It is a subconscious thing that we all do,even you, as your last post implies.Just imagine I was playing for a Team,and you were the Ref,would I last 90 mins.Of course not!!!!!!!!.Still at my age 5 mins is an achievement.

Smudge

That's cobblers - to my mind, it's no more than good manners which I would acknowledge and recognise as such. It's all about being diligent, respectful and professional, and in doing so not allowing external factors to become an influence that affects your performance.

Newby, I agree with you. I've seen Allen twice this season and on both occasions he did very little but did show some skill so no doubt a telent. Keeping him quiet, now that could be down to the opponents doing their homework on him, but in both games he scored !!!....so yes, the best goalscorer in the CCL as the stats prove, but that is thanks to his team mates and Guernsey game plan may I add. Now with regards to Football League clubs watching Allen, I am sure they are, but are they that interested in a prolofic goalscorer in the CCL Div. 1/Premier at Levels 5 & 6 especially at the age of 26 ? I'm not too sure 'cos some defensive displays I've seen this season leaves something to be desired.

Nevertheless, should Guernsey get promotion and Allen replicates his CCL goal scoring achievements todate at level 4, then certainly there could be more serious attention given to him from a Football League side in my opinion.

if he doesnt take his chance now after the alledged interest by league clubs 26 is getting on a bit at pro level theres a few that do break that mould an for him personally i wish him well i just cant believe he doesnt want to go higher now , the chance may not arise again.

i said it before after the first time i played against him ok we got smashed i marked allen an he only scored after i slipped an he carried his run on to then score there last goal ive had harder games off other strikers its his team behind him that make him what he is granted he can score but they are his driving force!!

ive played against guernsey twice an they get the big decisions over there ive got a dvd of our second game now no way in a million years should they be given a pen but they do there were more bad calls that game an also the first game where a mr singh was the referee i actually said to him whilst playing that day the crowd were refing today an he smiled .....cheers

Ross Allen is a class act,reason as Newby said you make 1 mistake and you get punished.It just seems funny that he always just pops up in the right place at the right time.His workrate and movement,makes it easy for the Guys behind and alongside him to supply him the ammunition.

Smudge

You're conflating two issues here: the first is the affect you believe pre-match hospitality (or whatever the correct term is) might have on a referee and the second is the affect that a vocal, voluble and partisan crowd might have on a referee.

Newby - Mr Singh was a Football League referee for a number of years so presumably the size and nature of the crowd at Footes Lane would not be a new experience to him. Equally, I wouldn't read too much into him smiling at your comment!

you go man utd if theres a 50/50 chance that its a pen in the so called fergie time theyd get a penalty all day long home teams get favourable decisions it happens

I can give a different view on this one newby but it will be over a beer when we sort footballs problems out.

When the appointments were originally made, they were listed as:-

Referee:- Mr Andrew Connor.

1st Asst:- Mr Phil Paice.

2nd Asst:- Mr Phill Nash.

But we all know how quickly things can change !

You certainly won't get a more experienced trio at this level. A lot will depend if the referee is being assessed in which case Mr Connor does like to show a card or two. LOL.

Gluck thanks for your reply,personally think both go Hand in Hand,Refs are only Human after all.

Smudge, no worries.

On the second point I agree that it might occur as referees are human and not robots. However, a referee's experience, level of training, maturity and self-awareness should help him / her to identify where this is occuring and to take action(s) to mitigate it.