Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

JUDGEMENT NIGHT Tuesday 26th Feb

bobuk

Just heard from Officials at Egham that despite the weather the pitch is ready and game is on. Just thought after last time I would confirm it. COME ON EGHAM!!!

Game still in doubt then ;)

Smudge

You're conflating two issues here: the first is the affect you believe pre-match hospitality (or whatever the correct term is) might have on a referee and the second is the affect that a vocal, voluble and partisan crowd might have on a referee.

Newby - Mr Singh was a Football League referee for a number of years so presumably the size and nature of the crowd at Footes Lane would not be a new experience to him. Equally, I wouldn't read too much into him smiling at your comment!

I feel they get the big calls we didnt the home side does im not saying there cheating im saying they take an easy option an my experience says thats correct

Refereers and lino's at this level bottle all of the big decisions when they play in front of a large/big crowd,I base this on the fact that when AFC Wimbledon were in the CCL,I was player/manager at Farnham and were playing at kingsmeadow in front of 5000 people we lost on the day 4 1 but were by far the better side we had a player sent off because he was spat at by one of the AFC players and retaliated by calling him a dirty kent and was sent off for foul and abusive language.In the whole match we had a handfull of free kicks and yet we were kicked off the park,they had what seemed like an unbilevable amount of free kicks in fact every time we got near an AFC player,it was a fecking joke and ruined what was for some the best day of thier footballing lives.

I officiated at an AFC Wimbledon game where the match referee ejected a member of the AFC Wimbledon bench and also reported the manger. He also reported the club for a couple of other offences. Didnt see any crowd bothering him.

I officiated at an AFC Wimbledon game where the match referee ejected a member of the AFC Wimbledon bench and also reported the manger. He also reported the club for a couple of other offences. Didnt see any crowd bothering him.

No its alright Krooner I am lieing,I am just about getting fed up with you and don't find your I am better than anyone stance very funny,I'm afraid you will only ever be an ex ref who has done feck all and has a massive chip on his shoulder,I am telling you about my experience not a fecking story you kent

No its alright Krooner I am lieing,I am just about getting fed up with you and don't find your I am better than anyone stance very funny,I'm afraid you will only ever be an ex ref who has done feck all and has a massive chip on his shoulder,I am telling you about my experience not a fecking story you kent

He has got a point Kroons

I don't think anyone is questioning the integrity of the officials here, just raising an issue about human behaviour. I take on board what bad guy says about a slimmer home advantage at this level, but it sort of proves my point a bit, as home attendances are not large here.

That said duncs, I don't think it's fair to base your views on just one game with a big crowd. We've all seen thousands of games so inevitably there will be one game where something odd happens.

I can still remember an incident in 1997 when we played Cheshunt and had a penalty disallowed for encroachment. Fair enough, it was quite clear. He then gave them an indirect free kick from the penalty spot!! The game finished 0-0 as a result. He apologised after the game, although I've never understood why one of the Assistants didn't make him aware at the time of the decision. Mr Ralph Bone ended up on the League list and Cheshunt got promoted over Lewes, yes, you've guessed it, by one point!

I just hope that all the big matches tonight are decided by football itself, not any controversial decisions. The odds of this are good right now. In fact I can't recall a year where the officials are less of a talking point. I recall one at Farnham in our League Cup tie in September and one at home to Horley ten days ago but every player has an off day too and 2 out of 37 isn't a bad ratio so far.

I don't think anyone is questioning the integrity of the officials here, just raising an issue about human behaviour. I take on board what bad guy says about a slimmer home advantage at this level, but it sort of proves my point a bit, as home attendances are not large here.

That said duncs, I don't think it's fair to base your views on just one game with a big crowd. We've all seen thousands of games so inevitably there will be one game where something odd happens.

I can still remember an incident in 1997 when we played Cheshunt and had a penalty disallowed for encroachment. Fair enough, it was quite clear. He then gave them an indirect free kick from the penalty spot!! The game finished 0-0 as a result. He apologised after the game, although I've never understood why one of the Assistants didn't make him aware at the time of the decision. Mr Ralph Bone ended up on the League list and Cheshunt got promoted over Lewes, yes, you've guessed it, by one point!

I just hope that all the big matches tonight are decided by football itself, not any controversial decisions. The odds of this are good right now. In fact I can't recall a year where the officials are less of a talking point. I recall one at Farnham in our League Cup tie in September and one at home to Horley ten days ago but every player has an off day too and 2 out of 37 isn't a bad ratio so far.

WTF are you going on about ? I think I need to lie down

Refereers and lino's at this level bottle all of the big decisions when they play in front of a large/big crowd,I base this on the fact that when AFC Wimbledon were in the CCL,I was player/manager at Farnham and were playing at kingsmeadow in front of 5000 people we lost on the day 4 1 but were by far the better side we had a player sent off because he was spat at by one of the AFC players and retaliated by calling him a dirty kent and was sent off for foul and abusive language.In the whole match we had a handfull of free kicks and yet we were kicked off the park,they had what seemed like an unbilevable amount of free kicks in fact every time we got near an AFC player,it was a fecking joke and ruined what was for some the best day of thier footballing lives.

you get this alot when you play higher teams in cup games also alot of calls in there favour we played northwood away this season the opposing manager kicked out nothing given an it was as plain as day yet a minor foul by one of ours was given a booking an no it wasnt me who got booked i wasnt playing

anyway up the egham one of my old clubs know a few there i hope its a good game!!! ;)

Egham 1 Guernsey 1, Egham had a good shout for a penalty. Make-shift defence has been breached a few times already.