Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

15/16/17/18 Results/Fixtures/A.O.B.

Smudge

You would of been out of sight with Allen playing

Not true Bob - GFC were outplayed for large periods last night. Put it another way, if Allen was playing for Badshot Lea the Baggies would have won comfortably - at times their passing and movement was too much for GFC

Ftfc 1-0 befont ref absolutely shocking cue newby marvel

Ref was absolutely shocking. Newby werent there last night. Do agree the was poor for both sides. In all fairness some of the challenges were a bit naughty. Should have had at least 1 pen from what i could see up my end. Once again though, a ref ruined a game and thats all we talk about. Was a good game to play in, chances for both sides although we didnt test your keeper really.

All the best for the season, see you again next year.

Wrong! They have nine games left between now and the cup final. Plenty of time to serve their ban dont you think?

The ban starts 3 weeks after the offence i.e. 9th May - final is the 10th. However, it isn't unheard of for late offences to be punished by bans at the beginning of next season.

Edited by Green_Fingers

Not sure they can appeal mate without video evidence. Wasnt that part of the agreement to bring in match based suspensions rather than days ?

Ok I'm not condoning any of the actions in the stands 4-5-1 but you seem to have forgotten that the guy who got beaten up with a broom handle ran onto the pitch during the scuffle in the 1st half along with the 2 girls!! Shouting that they were going to stab the player up in the car park!!! There are 2 sides to every story!' I spoke to redrup last night and with the Staines players in the bar after and apologised for what ha happened!!' There were no knifes involved either, also the ref sent off 2 wrong people our sub and the wrong twin

As a 'neutral' - and certainly not excusing (or condoning) anything that happened later - I can't help thinking why were these three individuals (if there were three?) allowed to stay in the ground after coming onto the pitch at least an hour earlier. Should they have not been removed from the ground as an absolute minimum?

Edited by Whitley Bay

Spot on Kroons - it's a lot tougher now to escape the ban ;)

Thank heavens for clubs with their own TV station! lol

As a 'neutral' - and certainly not excusing (or condoning) anything that happened later - I can't help thinking why were these three individuals (if there were three?) allowed to stay in the ground after coming onto the pitch at least an hour earlier. Should they have not been removed from the ground as an absolute minimum?

Who would remove them WB? You're obvious used to bigger crowds with stewards / police in attendance. I'm not sure what the crowd was here but a midweek Warlingham game against a top Div 1 side recently attracted just 21 supporters.

Who would remove them WB? You're obvious used to bigger crowds with stewards / police in attendance. I'm not sure what the crowd was here but a midweek Warlingham game against a top Div 1 side recently attracted just 21 supporters.

Not used to anything bigger as the majority of my non-League football is now in the Spartan South Midlands - so similar crowd sizes - with (in the main) no stewards or police.

However, if someone goes on to the pitch, whilst that in itself is against the law, if they threatened to 'stab a player' (and I appreciate that that's hearsay!!) why were the police not called and - as an absolute minimum - asked to remove him (them) from a private football ground?

Edited by Whitley Bay

Not used to anything bigger as the majority of my non-League football is now in the Spartan South Midlands - so similar crowd sizes - with (in the main) no stewards or police.

However, if someone goes on to the pitch, whilst that in itself is against the law, if they threatened to 'stab a player' (and I appreciate that that's hearsay!!) why were the police not called and - as an absolute minimum - asked to remove him (them) from a private football ground?

During the Banstead v Spelthorne match earlier in the season, a Spelthorne fan ran on the pitch to get involved in a row on the pitch. The ref (rightly in my view) refused to allow the match to restart until he had left the ground. It took about 10 minutes and his own son calling him a prat to comply but he eventually did. I believe there were around 30 spectators.

A game packed with incidents last night. 3-0 up after 35 mins or so and thought we looked comfortable, with some good football and a couple of great finishes. Going in at half time, I couldnt see any way back for Egham based on that half. The ref was determined to make it all about him which lead to some bookings for both side which I didnt think were warranted. An injury I cant seem to shake meant I didnt come out for the second half but when I did, a man had been sent off for each side and Egham had pulled a goal back! Speaking with our player, he is adamant there was no intent when he struck the ball and his flailing arm hit an Egham player, but he got a second yellow for his troubles. Egham pulled a second back when the ball was crossed through the box, bypassing 3 or 4 players from each side with no one putting a foot in. It eventually fell to the Egham lad at the back post for an easy finish. A great strike for our 4th, as was Egham's 3rd and in to stoppage time, where the SP keeper came to punch towards the edge of the box. Unfortunately, a little unconvincing and a shot from the Egham player was alleged to have hit our players arm en route to goal. Again, from speaking to him afterwards, the claim was that his arm was tucked in by his side and hit his ribs/arm.....but in a game like this, with every Egham player and fan screaming for it, probably nudged the ref a little more in the direction of giving a pen. Wasnt a fan of the Egham management bellowing 'its a straight red' to the ref and digging out our player as he was walking off the pitch, but the ref did just that - sent him off. Good penalty with our keeper going the right way and we came away feeling very much like we had lost the match.

Plenty more football to be played with a cup final too, so onwards and upwards for the Sparks.

Question for the referees among us - I got booked for a tackle which wasnt too late, no massive appeals from the players, no moaning from the lad I had fouled, but it was my first (possibly second) foul of the game. The ref called me over and said I was being booked, not for the individual foul, but on behalf of the team for persistent fouling. Happy to admit I was wrong to question the ref and have a go if this is allowed, but its the first time I have heard this given as a reason for a booking.....can anyone help?

Best of luck to Egham. Playing the two 'top' sides, I would say Guernsey are certainly the stronger, but credit has to go to them for having the points on the board and being top for pretty much the whole season!

Milesy I will comment and this is from my own viewpoint and obvioulsy cannot comment on the game last night.

I have been in a position where I have felt it necessary to caution a player even though it was their first foul and one could argue not a caution on its own. I reckon I did this probably once a season when I officiated. It was usually if one side had committed a number of offences in a short space of time and I have felt that I need to caution to calm the situation down. I would have tried to pre warn the captain before doing it as well. And into that as well if one player had been fouled on a number of occasions in a short space of time by different players. I would again try and pre warn the captain and it would be to stop the player who was being fouled to look for revenge. May sound a little strnage but if you see it happen then it may seem more sensible !! And as I say I would always try and pre warn the captain of the offending side that another one would lead to a "team" booking.

Hope that helps Milesy.

Milesy I will comment and this is from my own viewpoint and obvioulsy cannot comment on the game last night.

I have been in a position where I have felt it necessary to caution a player even though it was their first foul and one could argue not a caution on its own. I reckon I did this probably once a season when I officiated. It was usually if one side had committed a number of offences in a short space of time and I have felt that I need to caution to calm the situation down. I would have tried to pre warn the captain before doing it as well. And into that as well if one player had been fouled on a number of occasions in a short space of time by different players. I would again try and pre warn the captain and it would be to stop the player who was being fouled to look for revenge. May sound a little strnage but if you see it happen then it may seem more sensible !! And as I say I would always try and pre warn the captain of the offending side that another one would lead to a "team" booking.

Hope that helps Milesy.

Cheers Kroons, fair enough. Hadnt heard of it before, but I certainly hadnt been pre-warned at all. That being said, I wont deny that we had been pulled up for a fair few fouls up to this point, in which case your point makes sense. Some were very soft though.

Thanks mate.

Whenever theres trouble i get a mention im a pillar of the community! Sounds a bit handbags then mates taking over probably egging on the player to not let it go ive never had a problem with wars speak to gilesy now an again an also spy who i have alot of time for not forgetting tucks either. The reserve final was me involved it happened its forgotten ivd had feisty games with them but this sounds like an isolated experience which just needs putting to bed an let the league deal with it . Chinese whispers always make things far worse than they are .

Ftfc why cue me ?