Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SATURDAY 28 SEPT. MATCHES/RESULTS

BAD GUY

div 1 cup

spelly 6 - 1 bedfont & Feltham 1

well again it was like the lammas game all over again, the spelly dominating from start to finish. the boys look to be really finding some form and with manager paul Johnson rotating the squad it surely did wonders. its hard to say weather it was Spelthorne that was really good or was it bedfont really poor. having said that barring a couple of there idiot players ( kicking out ) bedfont as club was a nice bunch of people and look forward to our next encounter against them. lets just hope they turn up next time ;-)

all jokes a side good luck to everyone at bedfont & Feltham.

Cheers Spelly.

No excuses from us we were shocking yesterday. Just shuffled the pack a bit to have a look at a few fringe players but it was not good enough!!

Massive respect to your guys who showed such respect to us and stuck to the game plan.

Good bunch of lads you have there and just shows what you can achieve when you put in the hard graft.

Ref had a good fair game yesterday aswell. Always nice to hear a Ref communicate with the players rather then sod them off or flash loads of cards!

Nice pint after the game aswell

Really??? Not from what I'm hearing!!! Training getting cancelled or only a few showing up!! And by the looks of things on the pitch it is showing, no structure, fitness doesn't look that great and in dire need of some proper guidance! And it was not the first time I have watched them yesterday either!! Not one to stir just airing my opinion which this forum is all about and would like to see my local side in a better state!!

Who are you Harvold?

Why have you left Daniel? Weren't you the Chairman?

If you saw them play yesterday then you would be left scratching your head. Second half was abismal I'm afraid, as Harvold has said there was no leadership (on the field or from the dugout), fitness was poor and attitude just as bad. Hanworth are a good side and took a while to get into their stride but once they went 2-0 up they just completely dominated. Banstead, Worcester Park and Sheerwater were all up against Prem sides yesterday and all won, no doubt they all raised their game and wanted to give a good account of themselves against higher opposition, but Eversley just rolled over without a fight, and believe me 10-0 would not have been an unfair result.

It's dissapointing to see as the times I saw them last season they were playing decent football and narrowly missed out on a top 3 place, but unless something drastically improves they'll be mid table at best this season. Conceding 16 goals in last 4 games and scoring just twice illustrates that there are problems all over the field.

I left due to family and work commitments. Loved the 15 years I was involved at the club and very confident the right people are involved to continue the club's progression.

My opinion is that clubs should set realistic targets and gradually progress through the leagues,while improving the infrastructure. Do I believe Eversley are doing this? Again in my opinion I think they are.

Obviously other people will disagree with the above,but I believe Sav has done,and is doing,a good job at Eversley.

Should be able to attend a game in a few weeks,so happy to discuss my views further over a beer or two.

Mark, my name is Harvey! Moved back into the area in June after living elsewhere for the last 5 years and one of my work colleagues sons plays for Eversley! Hence the reason I know abit about what is going on at the club!!

He keeps telling his lad to go elsewhere as he keeps moaning about things there!!

What has surprised me since being away is how the standard has dropped! Went to sandhurst and they have cleared dropped a few levels on the playing field!! Just hope something changes at eversley as there is quite abit of potential there!!

No didn't watch any eversley games before until this season but quite interested in what the club are doing and very convenient close to my local pub too!!

I'm not surprised by the AFC Croydon result smudge. We didn't turn up and got soundly beaten.

They best us twice last season beating us 3-2 at home and then he infamous 7-0 drubbing at their place. We just didn't get our game flowing and made some ridiculous mistakes that lea to the goals. We also missed a penalty and just didn't have scoring boots on at all. We also had some key players missing like Messi but that's no excuse at the end of the day

We've got them again in the cup on Saturday but first up is a Badshot lea cup game on tueaday might.

Let's see if we can bounce back to winning ways.

On a positive note my new camera performed brilliantly and the shots I got looked great ;)

Is it not possible for teams/managers to have off days/difficult seasons? Eversley had a great season last year under Sav and were unlucky not to go up with the ground grading issues probably playing it's part. We're only in September & yet people seem to be willing to write his team off this early!

Now that Lammas have gone top of the table, does it mean Phil Ruggles will be criticised next because Knaphill have slipped to second? Likewise for Mick Woodham at Windsor? Does it make them bad managers? Of course not.

I'm sure every manager in this league puts every second they have into preparing their team for games and will hurt more than the supporters/players when results don't go their way so let's put things in perspective before criticising those in charge. There will be plenty of time for twists and turn this year, especially in Division One.

It was nice to see Epsom get back to winning ways on Saturday at Windsor.

For what it's worth, I thought Windsor probably shaded the possession, especially in the second half, but didn't do enough with it to say they deserved the points. That said, I thought a draw was a much fairer result and was nervously looking at the watch with twenty left as I didn't think we'd hold on. The two late goals were a bonus, although why the Windsor defender chose to handball a shot of ours (that I can confirm from behind the goal was going wide) I've no idea. It turned the game as obviously Kyle scored from the spot and we finished off with a late third as they pushed for an equaliser.

There was a nasty incident at the end when our player was stamped on but the referee issued the red card. This was undoubtedly borne out of frustration, although I obviously don't condone it. What I thought was poor on Windsor's part though was the behaviour of their announcer, following this incident. We all have opinions, but to broadcast openly to the masses that "to waste time Epsom make another substitution" when our player was actually forced to come on to replace our player who had been stamped on was thoroughly classless and you could imagine the toys flying out of the pram in the background.

I love going to Windsor, I first went there 30 seasons ago and it is a nice place with a great surface and facilities that I always look forward to visiting, even though we rarely get a result there. Sure they are having a rough few results right now but that's not our fault and a couple of hundred people were forced to witness this announcer's outburst. Naughty and unneccessary.

From a football point of view, this division is wide open right now. Maybe our "clear plan" to bomb out of the cups early will benefit us as we can get more games played in the meantime :) Here's to a crappy wet winter!

It was nice to see Epsom get back to winning ways on Saturday at Windsor.

For what it's worth, I thought Windsor probably shaded the possession, especially in the second half, but didn't do enough with it to say they deserved the points. That said, I thought a draw was a much fairer result and was nervously looking at the watch with twenty left as I didn't think we'd hold on. The two late goals were a bonus, although why the Windsor defender chose to handball a shot of ours (that I can confirm from behind the goal was going wide) I've no idea. It turned the game as obviously Kyle scored from the spot and we finished off with a late third as they pushed for an equaliser.

There was a nasty incident at the end when our player was stamped on but the referee issued the red card. This was undoubtedly borne out of frustration, although I obviously don't condone it. What I thought was poor on Windsor's part though was the behaviour of their announcer, following this incident. We all have opinions, but to broadcast openly to the masses that "to waste time Epsom make another substitution" when our player was actually forced to come on to replace our player who had been stamped on was thoroughly classless and you could imagine the toys flying out of the pram in the background.

I love going to Windsor, I first went there 30 seasons ago and it is a nice place with a great surface and facilities that I always look forward to visiting, even though we rarely get a result there. Sure they are having a rough few results right now but that's not our fault and a couple of hundred people were forced to witness this announcer's outburst. Naughty and unneccessary.

From a football point of view, this division is wide open right now. Maybe our "clear plan" to bomb out of the cups early will benefit us as we can get more games played in the meantime  :) Here's to a crappy wet winter!

Interesting.  Same sort of announcement when I saw Cove there last season.  Different announcer or someone who needs training/replacing ?

That's nothing compared to the Harefield United announcer at the FA Youth Cup match last week.

"To add to this the tannoy announcer began shouting abuse at the officials and it was only a matter of time before something over the top came out and, sure enough, the referee, who judging by his accent and name, was Asian, was told to 'get on a plane and piss off back to where you come from."

http://nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=527755#527755

My belated congratulations to Glynn, Steve and the Chicks  team for their 0-3 win against Cobham on Saturday.

I was at our eldest Grand-Daughters wedding, and I got the result literally as I walked out from the ceremony.

It made my day complete !!

That's nothing compared to the Harefield United announcer at the FA Youth Cup match last week.

"To add to this the tannoy announcer began shouting abuse at the officials and it was only a matter of time before something over the top came out and, sure enough, the referee, who judging by his accent and name, was Asian, was told to 'get on a plane and piss off back to where you come from."

http://nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=527755#527755

:) Brilliant Russ!