Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 23rd January Match Thread

Colliers Wood  1 - 4  Camberley.

Collins: 78 mins.

Full |Time score.

Edited by Big J R

Ash United  2  -  3   Dorking F.C.

Turner

Full Time score.

Well done, 'Chicks' !

Edited by Big J R

Bedfont 1 -0 Westfield FT

A hard fought game on not the best playing conditions, the pitch was very heavy going and many players had trouble staying on thier feet at times. Both teams came out and played some good football considering the conditions and chances were missed at both ends. Bedfont took the lead late in the first half when a corner to the far post went unchallenged and an easy nod home at close range put the home team in front. Westfield came close to an equaliser soon after but the shot was blazed over the bar. This seemed typical of Westfield throughout the entire game and had they have had a bit more composure and accuracy in front of goal, it was  a game they could have easily won. A long lay off from games has done them no favours and they need to get back into the swing of it again and show a lot more composure in the final third. Many balls into the box were wasted or played too close to the Bedfont keeper who showed a very safe pair of hands especially dealing with crosses. The second half saw both teams spurning chances and but for a superb save at full stretch from Westfield Keeper Stuart Norman, Bedfont could have been 2 up. Both teams battled hard and will sleep well tonight with some tired muscles.

Edited by Jellybean

Windsor 2-1 E&E

Some new starters added a little bit to Windsor today, and we looked a better outfit than of late against a team I thought was likely to give us a bit of a spanking today. Well done for upping it today.

Enjoyable game.

Mix of good and poor from the officials which at least is a bit better than we've had in other recent games.

Guildford's pitch is shocking, how the league deem it playable is unreal, pity the sides that go there when it rains, just pray that no one ends up injured as a result of playing on it !!!

Guildford's pitch is shocking, how the league deem it playable is unreal, pity the sides that go there when it rains, just pray that no one ends up injured as a result of playing on it !!!

We played there last week its so dangerous and should be banned somebody will get hurt and badly injured as for playing football on it no chance, more hills than the North downs!

I seem to be bad luck for CCL sides in the Vase this season as after seeing Knaphill last weekend, I went to Bowers & Pitsea v SCR today. SCR I thought had the better of the first half but the terrible pitch made it a leveller and Bowers scored three in the second half. 

Don't worry Hartley/Camberley, I won't be coming down for you games next week!

Horley Town 3 Cove 0

A workman like performence from us today, one nil up through Leyton Regan and still one nil at half time. Second half Saw Ashley Nadasan scorerd two goals the second a cracker to end it with three points and a clean sheet. Good to see Cove getting a team out and still playing they had a lot of new players today.

Ash Utd 2 Dorking 3

Entertaining game on a not so good pitch, but still playable....The game flowed from end to end with both team creating loads off good chances. It was Ash who took the lead with a well placed shot, but before half time Dorking had scored twice to take the lead. Second half Ash won a pen early on & scored but with about 15 mins to go Dorking scored the winner. From the sideline both teams need to defend a lot better than they did today

its always down to the Referee, if he deems it playable, so be it..

BUT

He must take the responsibility for his actions

I spoke with James Cameron the Banstead Athletic manager this evening.

He isn't on the forum, so he asked me to pass on his best wishes to Jordan Vidal, the CB Hounslow player who suffered a serious injury yesterday.

Just watched the Cambo match video

All they do Is smash it long and you must have a sore neck watching them especially their 4th goal couldn't watch that every week !!

its always down to the Referee, if he deems it playable, so be it..

BUT

He must take the responsibility for his actions

Tel, valid point, theres not too much wrong with the grass on the pitch (very soft in places) but its the 70 or so tram lines across the width of the pitch that's the problem !!! Or as one person has called it "it resembles an NFL pitch"

But I guess this is what happens when you don't maintain your "own" pitch?

Edited by True Villain