Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Leatherhead v Enfield Town

seemgee

On Bostic League live scores says our goal was deleted and Hope was not a substitute. All very confusing, but hardly makes any difference.

OldTowner may have a point in his earlier post, so if someone doesn't think of a way to stop the rot we will soon slide down. Surely one of our three coaches must have some idea what to try in order to turn it around. Problem is will the main man take any notice.I accept that injuries and dismissals don't help but where is the organisation.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

I cannot comment on the game today as I wasn’t there. However, I’m just waiting for someone to come on here and talk about a ‘small budget’ or that we are still in the top six. It has to be very disappointing to be beaten 4-1 by the team in 18th place and to ship 8 goals in 2 games.

At 3 -0 down at the break surely the management team must make changes but no until 20mins into the second half when Andy takes off imo our best player Sam Channey.The partnership of Billy and Brandon looked promising but as far as everything else very very poor.

I am actually wondering if Andy has lost the changing room as apparently they are not carrying out his instructions.

Andy, the other well used phrase which I await being used is "we all must get behind the team". Actually I must admit that it has some merit at this time, because if all the supporters got behind the team, preferable between our defence and our goal, we may stem the tide of goals against us until a new strategy is thought up.

( I suppose that is a bit cruel) only joking.

On a more serious note I fear that the team might start to lose confidence and implode. They certainly need encouragement by "someone"  to get them back to how they were playing at the beginning of the season.

Regarding WR's comments, I realise that it may be pure conjecture on his behalf, but if it were true then both management and players should sort it out their differences quickly. Otherwise we will be right up the creek.!!

I do hope,however, that our recent disappointments aren't making us look for somethings that are not there.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

unfortunately my role as a carer didnot allow me to travel Saturday so ended up watching the Abbey .... am I surprised at the result ... No... the cracks that were papered over are now exposed ... AL is not the first manager that has struggled at a club and won't be the last....maybe the players are not his type and can't play to his instructions ... I certainly see a disillusioned group looking at each other for answers rather than the bench .... luckily we got some points early and there are some poor teams so we should stay clear of any relegation battle but I sense it's a case of another dead season unless there is a drastic change to the tactical approach of our management....

As you say WR we don't seem to have a leader. Nor do we have a play maker. Oh for a return of Billy Crook or a similar player. The team drastically needs a focal point who can bring the team together. At the moment we have several talented players many of whom appear to do their own thing.  If one can't be found then it's up to the coaching staff to come up with a system which creates a focal point from within. 

Knowing how difficult it must be for our two younger coaches to introduce new methods in the current regime,  I would say to them, if you have any ideas to introduce change then now is the time to show their prowess.  

Never mind Townies .There's always next season and so on and so on etc etc...   ? 

On a serious note stick with Andy he will get matters back on track.   

Its incredibly disappointing that our season is likely to be dying a death in November.

The silly thing is that I strongly believe that we have one of the strongest squads (albeit small) in the league. We have a talented striker hungry for goals and apparently tied to a 2-year deal.

I just get the feeling that the players have lost faith in the management. People can put up with substitutions and formations they disagree with so long as the points keep on coming. The problem is when things being to go wrong. If Andy persists with the tactics he's stuck with for the first few months, then I reckon we'll be looking for a new manager in the New Year.

...anyone got Brad's number?

Edited by The Crowing Cockerel

16 minutes ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Its incredibly disappointing that our season is likely to be dying a death in November.

The silly thing is that I strongly believe that we have one of the strongest squads (albeit small) in the league. We have a talented striker hungry for goals and apparently tied to a 2-year deal.

I just get the feeling that the players have lost faith in the management. People can put up with substitutions and formations they disagree with so long as the points keep on coming. The problem is when things being to go wrong. If Andy persists with the tactics he's stuck with for the first few months, then I reckon we'll be looking for a new manager in the New Year.

...anyone got Brad's number?

im not being funny  ... do you think Brad would get a warm reception ???? as it was he that left AND TOOK our team away

Brad seemed the type of guy that wouldn't be fazed by some criticism... i for one would love to see him back but I would think he would hold out for at least a national south side.

when AL was appointed he did say at the meeting that he would stick with a small squad and would play more or less the same side and formation ... fair dues he is sticking to his word.... trouble is there is nowhere to go now... he clearly is struggling to gel the players he has ... he had purse alongside him last season and the defence was all over the place then so I'm not sure what his next move can be.....

Nothing wrong with the formation as we've lost the last 2 games against teams playing the same way. The trouble starts at the back.

If you take Billys goals of out of the team.We seem to be reverting to the same quality and style of play that took us to 18th in the league last year.

There have been some  good football played in spells this year and some very good results this season so far.But there has also been just as many  poor football played and poor results achieved.The second half of the season will determine the managers position.The board backed him by increasing the wage bill.Top 8 is an absolute minimum after going out of both FA competitions early.

Edited by lovely stuff

I can't comment on the match, as family commitments make it difficult to get to every game. Obviously a terrible result against a side in 18th, and we need to get back to winning ways sooner rather than later.

I agree completely with Lovely Stuff's last post: for me Andy has the rest of the season to prove himself and I would say anything short of a play off place (or at least being in with a shout until the last few games) would be falling short. Immediately after the Tonbridge game, I'd have backed us to do that comfortably, right now I'm starting to have my doubts, but football is a strange game and it's possible for just one good performance to spark the team and for us to go on a run. I remain hopefully optimistic.

As a side point, regarding formations, people were suggesting that we play two up front and that Adams got a start - for me, confidence and attitude is far more important than formations. You get that right, and results will follow regardless of how you line up. Good points by 4WF about the need for a focal point in the team, whilst I like Johnson and Blackman and they both lead by example in midfield, clearly a player of Crooks quality would improve us massively, but would obviously be difficult to find at this point in the season.

Edited by Barney

Your earlier observations on "systems", MB, are well made. But what you say lies at the point of my argument.  That is we do not have many players competent enough to operate the "one up front" against all teams.  Especially those who have players who play it better. Hence we have to have to be ready with an alternative plan to combat their threat. I believe in chess it's called a "Gambit". 

Unfortunately AL has limited himself in making changes by opting for a smaller playing squad. The reason for which I understand within the context of our club. But where I think he has gone wrong is in recruiting too many like for like players.  Presumably this is because he believes they will fit into his desired method of play. But in doing so it also curtails him instigating any change.

It may sound strange coming from me but I hope he proves me wrong since his decision has become to us  a "fait accompli".

Edited by 4wembleyfinals