Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Not a great performance but a great 3 points

Definitely a game of two half’s we were unlucky to go in losing at half time but second half was promising and two good goals from our midfield. The thing that bugged me the most and does is getting on the players backs when they might not be having a good game I will support that player even more and try to liven him up a bit. I know your all entitled to an opinion that’s just the way I saw it. But 3 points is 3 points and were off and running well done lads up the urchins 

On reflection and reading your post again ‘I will support that player even more and try to liven him up ‘ does not come across as a fan.

Why, you may ask , well the answer is simple a fan would not think that supporting a player would liven him up. This seems to me that you maybe part of the coaching staff?

Again this is fine and you are welcome to state what you like , but be honest and open. 

As you say good 3 points , but a club like ours runs on trust 

First half certainly seemed more disjointed than the games I saw in pre-season.
I liked Ellis Brown at Thurrock and Waltham Abbey so it was bitter sweet to see him open the scoring for Merstham but he certainly took it well.
Joe Wright's save just before half time was so important and kept Hornchurch in touching distance.
2nd half saw more accurate passing and better discipline in keeping possession and Spence and Christou were both composed taking their goals.
A healthy number of off-target attempts and missed chances but I'm sure these will be converted into goals in the coming games.

2 hours ago, Digits said:

On reflection and reading your post again ‘I will support that player even more and try to liven him up ‘ does not come across as a fan.

Why, you may ask , well the answer is simple a fan would not think that supporting a player would liven him up. This seems to me that you maybe part of the coaching staff?

Again this is fine and you are welcome to state what you like , but be honest and open. 

As you say good 3 points , but a club like ours runs on trust 

Part of the coaching staff you must be joking when I say liven him up I mean encourage and I heard fans digging out Charlie today not needed as far as I’m concerned and how does liven him up constitute me being part of the coaching staff that I’d love to know. I’m a paying fan just like the rest 

Firstly congratulations on the win, think it was deserved on the second half performance. First half however we were lucky just to be 1-0 down. Our left hand side was getting torn apart and we gave several free kicks away there and ultimately the goal came from that side. Second half the gaps were plugged and we were much better and scored two good goals. Passing game in midfield was looking good. 

As for the support from the fans , we did what we always do - support the team for the whole game. I didn’t hear a single fan openly criticise any player on the pitch from where I was. 

Now after the game in the bar you will hear fans discuss the game in private conversations and there will always be different opinions (he should have played , we needed this formation etc.) but that’s what fans do. 

Edited by cup of tea

8 hours ago, Fleet side of the bridge said:

Part of the coaching staff you must be joking when I say liven him up I mean encourage and I heard fans digging out Charlie today not needed as far as I’m concerned and how does liven him up constitute me being part of the coaching staff that I’d love to know. I’m a paying fan just like the rest 

‘Encourage’ and ‘liven up’ in my opinion have two different messages the first being postitive the second implying they are not up to the standard expected of them and asking for more. However, thats just my opinion.

This does now raise the question what is a fan? Should a fan support anyone that plays for the team regardless, or should they as a fan state their opinion if they don’t like what they see ?

For me its the same as in life,  the moment you get paid to do something you are open to criticism and our players get paid.The fans pay to watch them and by so help pay their wages so they can say what they like about their football ability. 

I never heard any fan say a word against the players on the pitch so that the player could hear but again if they did they are entitled to have an opinion.

As you mentioned Charlie I will give you my opinion on his football ability. I don’t think he is good enough for this level of football , the moment he went off the game changed their defence was stretched and could not live with the pace and movement of the front two.  Is this Charlie's fault? Again in my opinion,  no , its the fault of the management team picking him and placing him in that situation. Now , unlike previous years , the management team get paid so again they are open to criticism.

44 minutes ago, Digits said:

‘Encourage’ and ‘liven up’ in my opinion have two different messages the first being postitive the second implying they are not up to the standard expected of them and asking for more. However, thats just my opinion.

This does now raise the question what is a fan? Should a fan support anyone that plays for the team regardless, or should they as a fan state their opinion if they don’t like what they see ?

For me its the same as in life,  the moment you get paid to do something you are open to criticism and our players get paid.The fans pay to watch them and by so help pay their wages so they can say what they like about their football ability. 

I never heard any fan say a word against the players on the pitch so that the player could hear but again if they did they are entitled to have an opinion.

As you mentioned Charlie I will give you my opinion on his football ability. I don’t think he is good enough for this level of football , the moment he went off the game changed their defence was stretched and could not live with the pace and movement of the front two.  Is this Charlie's fault? Again in my opinion,  no , its the fault of the management team picking him and placing him in that situation. Now , unlike previous years , the management team get paid so again they are open to criticism.

Football is about opinions it’s like when players were released they were unhappy and I said I didn’t think players were good enough and and  one a disgrace when walking off not even acknowledging the fans of the club and he was the captain last years someone’s reply to me was I think he’s a brilliant player and I’m going to miss his mum and dad! What has this blokes mum and dad got to do with football? They may be very nice people but are you seriously gonna say that it’s ok we don’t want better players coz your mum and dads nice so you can stay. Anyway I know what I herd and the  likes of get him off and he’s [****!!****]ing shit you think the players don’t here this trust me they do and I know because I was talking to them about it.amd they were in agreement with you it’s all part and parcel of the game and you’re entitled to you opinion  I was sitting with someone in the stand and listening to some saying this balls shit that touch is no good get this one off that one on it makes me smile as to why they ain’t in management themselves. But like I said I’m not here to row with any of you I’ll put my point across if you agree fine if you don’t tough but fine also. Everyone’s entitled to have bad games and I will liven them up with my encouragement if it works good if it don’t well I tried I will support the side coz to be honest it’s probably the best group of players I’ve watched at this level. Every  game will be different why because opposition will be different and that up to mark and his team to change accordingly to suit the style of play the tempo etc we have the squad to do this now. Don’t think many teams will be able to do that 

enjoy your Sunday let’s hope arsenal lose 

oi oi 

see you Tuesday 

33 minutes ago, Fleet side of the bridge said:

Yea burn the club down if we lose Tuesday. I think this side will get better and stronger game by game it’s the strongest ishm prem I’ve ever seen and Hornchurch will be up there 

Thats a bold statement. It's a strong team I'll give you that but even hx have had stronger in the past let alone other clubs in the last few years.