Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Contingency Plan?

JFW

You seem to forget that we are only fans, in much the same way as someone who goes to a theatre to watch, say, Coldplay, if we don't like what they're playing we can hardly demand they go back and rewrite their latest album - our only recourse is to either watch whatever is being produced or not watch it - the machinations of everything that's going on is not in our hands and has never been in our hands - we are SUPPORTERS not OWNERS

I only came to see how many, if any, Daish out threads there were. (This is a joke based on the past...)

The club is exploding from within it seems. I sat on the fence on this MyFC stuff, saying I preferred to see how it all panned out. How the f*** are the losses 55k a month? I recall the club announcing the landlord had given free rent on Stonebridge Road, the players can't be being paid THAT much surely?

Only one person on a nice earner in all of this, eh Mr. Will Brooks.

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1

So I have heard, as an old Bowaters Club member, I would like to know how it is running at a loss! Bad management comes to mind!

Something to do with there being no "Bowaters" plant (or any of its incarnations) left springs to mind, Les...

You misunderstood. I know Bowaters have gone, but when it was owned by them it was a profit making venture.

Two bars. a function hall, that was always fully booked(Weddings and big star Cabaret nights) two Football Pitches a Bowls Green and Squash Courts. How come the Club/Council take over and it runs at a loss?

It is a shame to see the turmoil at Ebbsfleet but not unexpected.

The MYFC scam was always just that, a nice little earner for the boys that came up with it.

I would hope you boys could get your Trust organised and take over the rump of your club, we did it at Exeter and five years down the road it is paying huge benefit, sadly I suspect that you do not have the critical mass that history and geography gave us.

Good luck.

I have a friend who was on the old Bowaters Club committee and while I haven't spoken to him I believe the club was owned by the members through their yearly subs but was 'heavily' susidised by Bowaters and was non profit making. It was successful because the Club Manager organised many functions and shows, which brought in cash.

It started to go downhill after Bowaters relinquished it and then the Manager retired, I suspect it was dying when 'Fleet Leisure' acquired it but they have seemingly not done much to revive it as I understand there are now very few functions!

The concept,the original concept..not only could have worked,but should have worked.There is no buts about it.

The problem,the all over shadowing problem was and is that the boys at the top of MyFC screwed the original concept up..and did it big time.

Sure,buying a club like Eufc...this strictly speaking from a MyFC point of view..was always the wrong decision from the get go.Too small potential,too big a bite to chew off right from the go(with the major part of the initial 30K members fees going straight down into the pockets of the previous owners as repayment of debt that occured long before MyFC).

We should have gone with starting a new club all from scratch OR buying an existing one in say..Dudley..where the potential is so much higher.

This said,the original concept did work..30K+ people from all over the frekkin world signing up to it is all the proof anyone would need..but the day Will Brooks started messing with the original concept..that was the day MyFC did die.

It is really simple.Despite popular view..normal and average Joe ain