Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

WOKING PEACOCKS FC FRIENDLY

diggity

Bout 11.15 ans I have been there enuf times but I still use my SAt Nav...........................................Where do u want to meet in the morning mate......

Still awaiting confirmation of availability from three players, two of which have been on the forum and posted. Tiny Temper has just fallen off the forum all together.

Animal

Tiny Temper

SurreyLegend

Hi all. As i have just said on the other thread; pitch is unplayable tomorrow barring an absolute miracle. I will be going down to the ground tomorrow at some point for another look at it and to see if i can do any more to ensure it is as safe as possible for Sunday. Will clear some more snow, the lines and maybe even throw some very hot water on to the real icey parts!

Probably would help if some people turned up on sunday a bit earlier to help if the pitch needs a bit more TLC !

This game must go ahead even if the pitch would normally be called off by the ref for a league game! Players will just have to agree to go a little easier, watch the tackling and agree that there's going to be no legal problems if we get an injury due to the pitch!

I dont know where Mewwy stands with this but hope common sense is used. Too many people have put all their efforts into this fund raiser for the weather to beat us!

and just to clarify as the Peacocks have now been made clear favourites...........

whoever wins the match and technically wins the trophy...... the trophy stays at Cove FC and is not to be taken away!

If next years event is held at Cove then the same applies. If its held somewhere else then we look at it again. Its very easy for trophies to go missing when awarded and taken home!

The trophy is on my office desk in front of me right now and believe when i say this... its huge!!

17 inches tall and 12 inches wide. (yes taller than me - where's Nice Guy when i need him)

It weighs nearly as much as me and dwarfs the FA Cup!! The FA should be ashamed of themselves!

Probably cost £50 -£70 in a trophy shop so big thanks to Ivor Baker awards who have also supplied the 3 awards for the officials even though we've only got 2 at the moment.

I can get there early on Sunday as required for pitch inspection / assist with what needs to be done to get it playable.  What sort of time is going to be recommended?

If we ask nicely i'm sure Martin or one of his boys will run the line they are all qualified.

Great, even better if they can bring along their ref kit so it looks good for the cameras!

ATTENTION !! ATTENTION !!

The charity match between Fans Focus X1 and Woking Peacocks at Cove football club is definitely ON tomorrow.

Puddles on the pitch right now but no ice and no snow! It was called off today because of 5 medium size puddles that were not able to be forked due to the under soil being very hard from the cold weather. A few puddles tomorrow will not stop the match from being a huge success. A few of us are arriving early tomorrow to fork the pitch if it has softened up a bit!

I will be arriving about 11.45am to get the kit out and do what i can with the pitch!

Any volunteers very welcome. Bar will be open from 12pm. Pre match handshake, filming and champions league music at 1.50pm with kick off scheduled at 2pm. Penalties will decide the match if drawn after 90 mins. Raffle draw and drinkies will be after the match.

Look forward to seeing you all at Cove football club giving your support to a very worthwhile charity!

Johnno

We now have our third official sorted for tomorrows match. Thanks to John our goal keeping coach at Cove who has stepped in at the last minute. He is qualified !

Everything is now in place. All we need now is lots of generous support from everyone out there!

El skippero has just got in from an entertaining evening out with the management and players of Cove fc.

He will be rising around 10am to prepare for the greatest match the world has ever seen.

Come on you Peacocks........ have it !!

atm.gif