Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 31st January

Mewcenary

If the Dorking game is off, can someone please make the decision before I try and negotiate the M25 during rush hour? I really hope there is no repeat of the NPT Berks & Bucks fiasco.

Well I'm currently in Hampshire about15 miles from Dorking and the ground is still white with frost so not looking good!

Egham v Gurnsey 19:45 :D :D :D :D :D

I will be there Egg&Ham. Hope its as good as the Windsor v Molesey game I went to on Saturday ... but needs to be good to beat that me thinks !

Be good to see how Guernsey compare with Egham CCL Premier. It will be a good lesson for Guernsey to be prepared for next season.

I'll be there :) come and say hello, it would be great to meet you.

This is a welcome break from the league and as we will be underdogs win or lose we will enjoy this one :)

If the Dorking v Windsor game is off, I might just toddle down to this one :D

Egham v Gurnsey 19:45 :D :D :D :D :D

I will be there Egg&Ham. Hope its as good as the Windsor v Molesey game I went to on Saturday ... but needs to be good to beat that me thinks !

Be good to see how Guernsey compare with Egham CCL Premier. It will be a good lesson for Guernsey to be prepared for next season.

I'll be there :) come and say hello, it would be great to meet you.

This is a welcome break from the league and as we will be underdogs win or lose we will enjoy this one :)

Not in my view. Just because you are temporarily a step below Egham you will - with all that talent - be favourites when this game finally gets under way ;)

Only problem is that for midweek games GFC always have a few who aren't available. Just something we have to cope with.

As at 11.30 am, the only definite postponement I have been advised of is Banstead v Worcester Park.

I have just returned from Egham Town, as I only live about five minutes away, and have witnessed the pitch inspection. The pitch is flat, well grassed all over and currently free of frost. The Met forecast for this evening in this part of the world is that the temperature will still be a degree or two above freezing at kick-off and on the basis of all that, the match referee, in conjunction with his colleague who carried out the inspection, is happy for the game to go ahead.

If conditions deteriorate from the forecast, there's not much can be done but Guernsey are travelling and we expect the match to go ahead.

Just looking ahead to Wednesday evening, our home game v RPV would have gone ahead if it was tonight (or indeed last night). We have no frost on or in the ground at present. There is a frost forecast for tonight; we have very light sleet at present, where the cloud cover will keep frost away.

We will be looking again on Wednesday morning.

First news on here.

Edited by Chris Clapham

If the Dorking game is off, can someone please make the decision before I try and negotiate the M25 during rush hour? I really hope there is no repeat of the NPT Berks & Bucks fiasco.

As of last night they didn't envisage any problems but I think the freeze has come in earlier than expected [it's only +1 degrees in Windsor now] so I've tried to make contact with their secretary but have had to leave a message. It may be that because they're fairly sheltered we may get away with if the frost hasn't actually set in yet but once it does it takes a while to thaw out there.

I work in Dorking, less than 300 yards from the ground and we have had a very, very light flurry of snow around 12.00. This has stopped and it is around 1 degree right now.

The pitch at Meadowbank is quite heavy, so like with Ash who regularly manage to play in such circumstances and fair play to them, there is no reason at all why Dorking v Windsor shouldn't go ahead.

Anyway, a pitch doesn't in my opinion become frozen at zero. Three or four below is a different matter, but it's not expected to get near that figure currently.

Hopefully the referees at the other games tonight will wait until nearer the time before deciding to call the games off. All the expense associated with a game being postponed far outweigh the ocasional wasted motorway journey.

Banstead is in a different micro-climate to the rest of us, but if I were the league, I'd want to know why a game is being allowed to be cancelled eight hours before kick off just because the forecast is "a little chilly".

Weather forecast for Dorking as of 1 minute ago: Zero degrees and a bit gusty.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/dorking_forecast_weather.html

I work in Dorking, less than 300 yards from the ground and we have had a very, very light flurry of snow around 12.00. This has stopped and it is around 1 degree right now.

The pitch at Meadowbank is quite heavy, so like with Ash who regularly manage to play in such circumstances and fair play to them, there is no reason at all why Dorking v Windsor shouldn't go ahead.

Anyway, a pitch doesn't in my opinion become frozen at zero. Three or four below is a different matter, but it's not expected to get near that figure currently.

Hopefully the referees at the other games tonight will wait until nearer the time before deciding to call the games off. All the expense associated with a game being postponed far outweigh the ocasional wasted motorway journey.

Banstead is in a different micro-climate to the rest of us, but if I were the league, I'd want to know why a game is being allowed to be cancelled eight hours before kick off just because the forecast is "a little chilly".

http://www.metoffice...st_weather.html

Thanks E&E ed....we try our best here....but also some luck getting the games on

As mentioned before, could Banstead be yet another game that's ''conveniently'' called off for some reason ? Maybe short of players tonight ? They could call upon their reserves, oh no they haven't got a reserve team......!

E&E Ed, I see your team is playing tonight, you heard anything from Merstham (who has a decent pitch) if game is on/off or will it probably go to the wire and see what the referee decides ?

As mentioned before, could Banstead be yet another game that's ''conveniently'' called off for some reason ? Maybe short of players tonight ? They could call upon their reserves, oh no they haven't got a reserve team......!

Go take your tedious conspiracy theories elsewhere.

Edited by WindsorFC Programme Editor