Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY - SCORES ON THE DOORS.

Big J R

Yeh he did ok I think we were poor all over and got what we deserved. You wanted it more then us all over the park think the discipline of some of your players will cost you points over the season but if you can keep that intact I think you will do well and be amongst it at the top. You have a good balance in your side you have a quality forward line. A midfield that fights for every ball and work hard. A solid back four as well not sure how good as we didn't give you much to do to be honest. All the best though

Dont think Ellers should take the blame at all, there's not much he could in terms of selection and we've had different players availiable every week, Us players at Knaphill have to take full responsibility for this disgraceful start to the season and stops too being BTK and start grafting as a team, individually we have some top players but not playing as a team. Promotion does look miles away now but let's see who's got the bollocks now and see who will stand up and be counted for because that today was embarrassing, a shambles and a disgusting performance on behalf of all Knaphill players.

C.B Hounslow 0 v 4 South Kilburn

CB look in big trouble this season.

Cheers TSF agree with all you say. All the best to you too!

If Hartley play with the team spirit they showed on Tuesday when beating us they should be ok, but then again you dont get to play local derbies every game

CWU v C&H

Not sure about that C&H away strip! Referee was excellent today, one of the better ones at this level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D_jbdLzMzo

The miss by the Colliers Wood number 4 was on a par with THAT miss at Cove ;)

Can anybody share any information on what happened at Cove vs Camberley today? Heard it was 2-1 Cove with them scoring a late winner but any further details on the game?

As you know El, I wasn't at the game. Bloomin' 11.30 kick offs after a hard night's rock and rolling? No chance. I didn't get out of bed til after midday but one of the groundhoppers on TK's forum was present and provided a good write up.

"To describe this as hard fought would be an understatement. The first half was not a pleasant viewing experience with the two sets of players being rather fractious towards each other. After a number of heavy challenges and with the undercurrent of mutual resentment rising not surprising that we had a double dismissal when Cove's Buck and the visitors Cannon were given straight reds for an altercation. It looked a little worrying when Cannon came out at half time to have a few words with Buck. Thankfully, it was better natured than the original incident and no blood was spilt.

Despite the first half nastiness this was not a bad match both teams put in a lot of effort but could not convert chances created. Best chance of the half was a curling effort from Cove's Paris which was travelling into the top right of the net until Stone in the Camberley goal pushed the shot over the bar. Particularly impressed by Calvin Thomas on the right for Cove, it was a pity in that none of the crosses that he managed to put over were met by goalbound efforts. A tad worried at half time as this was the first occasion this season that I had been met by a goalless first period.

Early in the second half Green should have put Cove in front but angled a shot narrowly wide. This initially looked a costly miss as Camberley took the lead when Owusu-Onkere's pace took him too the byline and his low cross was sidefooted into the far corner by Girling*.

Cove continued to push forward but a further good cross from Thomas was met by a header from Green which was so misdirected it ended up not far from where Thomas originally crossed from. Persistence paid off with Cove equalising with a quickly worked move with Baxter angling a pass across to Parfitt who struck a rising shot which beat Stone for pace.

A draw would have been the correct outcome for this contest. However, in the first minute of stoppage time, Cove won the three points with a twenty yard effort from Jannaway which despite Stone's full length dive he could not keep out."

http://nonleaguematt...t=431046#431046

(The writer put an asterisk after Girling as he wasn't sure who it was that scored. Turns out it was Hibbert).

Edited by VPCTFC

Strange question, but who was Cove's keeper today?

No mate with the family today

Had a spy there who knows most of the Frimley boys and some of yours too

Said niv was playing at c/ half so worked out the ward brothers where not playing big loss

Niv will always have a problem with Simmos pace

I went to watch yesterday & could not believe how awful Knaphill were on the day.Must have been a few hangovers from Sunday.I agree with Ellers that the league is far from over,look at the run they went on a couple of seasons back and nearly made the top 3 from a relegation position.However whilst that is possible it just wont happen with currrent crop of players,there are some good ones but also far too many that rate themselves highly.Your post sums it up,I have been very impressed with Jim Ward who is a fine player and captin but his brother is a truly horrific player,everytime i have seen the lad he has been the worst player on the pitch and opposition managers also agree as they tend to target him.I am sure he is mates with everyone so they stick by him but until the take the tinted glasses off and realise the players that do not shape up at this level then it will be another midtable season for the Knappers I fear.However poor some of the players are though they look like Barcelona compared to the dross i witnessed in Sandhurst shirts Saturday.I have not seen a worse team at step 5 since Cranleigh

Milf hunter I would have to disagree with your comments regarding Matt Ward. He is a very good fullback and would love to know which managers have called him our weakness. He was offered the chance to play 2 leagues above this but is happy at knaphill. How many times have you seen him play this season? He has only played once in our only victory against Warlingham away and he was superb on the day! However that is your opinion that I don't think many who know of matt ward will share with you. Who are these players that rate themselves too highly because all the lads at our club know they are only as good as their last games who are all down to earth fella's. No one earns money at the club and everything is done fairly. If you look at the teams phil has picked he has given opportunity to everyone from youth players to players who started in reserves and also first team players have been dropped also. To be honest we were awful against frimley yesterday but I would also say frimley were good. We know we have to get better which we will all try to do as knaphill is a vey well run club with a top bunch of people from the chairman down to the volunteers.

Colliers Wood Utd 4-0 Chessington & Hook

Good win for CWU. Although the result was never in doubt, if C&H could find someone who can actually finish it would have been a lot closer. Wood spurned the chance to take the lead with our own Wingman missing a penalty. Nathan Turner did give them the lead with a solo effort and soon they were 2 up with a goal that was nicely worked with Turner and Embalo combining to good effect, Turner netting again.

Second half and C&H were having chances but Wood went further ahead through Ogunseye. Dan Hughes bombed forward from defence to place the ball just the right side of the post to make it 4, having been denied moments earlier.

With Chessy losing all 4 opening games scoring only 2 goals, out of the FA cup, its looking like its going to be a long hard season for them, but its early doors and it only needs a little run of wins to get them out of the danger zone.......are the signs on the wall tho ???

Is Moses Obibi at Knaphill? - he's supposed to be a very good defender.

knaphill always start poorly its no change to any other season once they get a few back to back wins an a new defence ;) therell be climbing the table they just need to gel but after 4 defeats need to start asap else it will be a long hard season !!

Have to agree with Tekkers, Matty Ward is a fantastic player and go say he's our weakness is laughable considering he's only played 1 game this season and that was the game we won!! Agree with Newby we probably do need time to gel but I still we had enough quality to win all the games we lost. As a team we've been very poor and we need to turn this around quickly, I guess the good thing at the moment every team in this league is beating everyone so no one is really running away or making a statement. Still hopeful we can get a good finish come end of the season!!

I went to watch yesterday & could not believe how awful Knaphill were on the day.Must have been a few hangovers from Sunday.I agree with Ellers that the league is far from over,look at the run they went on a couple of seasons back and nearly made the top 3 from a relegation position.However whilst that is possible it just wont happen with currrent crop of players,there are some good ones but also far too many that rate themselves highly.Your post sums it up,I have been very impressed with Jim Ward who is a fine player and captin but his brother is a truly horrific player,everytime i have seen the lad he has been the worst player on the pitch and opposition managers also agree as they tend to target him.I am sure he is mates with everyone so they stick by him but until the take the tinted glasses off and realise the players that do not shape up at this level then it will be another midtable season for the Knappers I fear.However poor some of the players are though they look like Barcelona compared to the dross i witnessed in Sandhurst shirts Saturday.I have not seen a worse team at step 5 since Cranleigh

You are a complete twat, that comment about m ward is stupid there are things that let him down but football ability he is arguably the best full back in the division.

Someone just told me that Former Ashford town and current Hampton and Richmond player Paul Johnson has signed for spelthorne! Any truth and how they pulled that off?

I know he played for them in an inter-squad friendly in pre-season and the reason given for playing was that he knew the manager and was keeping fit/enjoying a kickabout with mates. I got the impression he was returning to Hampton but obviously things didn't work out for him.