Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY - SCORES ON THE DOORS.

Big J R

Bigboy,I tipped Knaphill up for promotion,and I am definitely not One of them.Tis early days yet though to panic,as we still have 8 months to go.My other 2 though, Eversley and Spelthorne are doing ok.

smudge....i believe someone famous once said 'two out of three aint bad....'

I am not happy unless I get 3 out 3 though,Farleigh were my dark horses,decent start for them.See they have signed ex Croydon Municipal striker Michael Burton,decent player but only converts 2 out of 20 chances,nicknamed him Barn Door when he was there.

I watched Knaphill on Saturday against Mole Valley and for 75 mins they absolutely dominated playing high tempo stuff but lacked that cutting edge, I still think there be top 5! Im very surprised Knaphill have let as many goals in as they have because I believe they have a top goalie in Matt Nash, 2 great defenders in the Ward brothers and also believe they now have the best attacking full back in this league by a country a mile in Jamie Redrup. So they have a solid defence there. My worry is where there gonna get the goals from. I've met Phil a couple of times and I believe he will be working on this problem now.

That's more then enough people now who rate mathew ward to those who don't. Are we saying that these are all wrong or like we said before all entitled to opinions! Benny hill just to answer your question about him starting he wasn't at our game saturday and our manager is fair if someone is missing no matter how good they are they are treated the same. That in the long run is the best way to manage as those who are good will go somewhere where they can take liberties and will ruin things in the long run. If your top goalscorer for what ever reason let down your side would you start him when he returned? If so then how does that look to the rest of the lads in the squad?

Haven't seen Matt Ward play this season but he is an accomplished player, was surprised to see him on the bench and not get on agiant FG yesterday but that's the managers decision which has to be respected - although defensively they probably could have done with him!! I'm sure Knaphill will turn things around (they usually come good in the end) but feel the season could pass them by unless they find someone to score 25+ goals soon.

Apologies if I have offended the lad,it was my opinion based on games I saw last season and nothing personal.I could have picked on any number of players,like you for example who for someone calling themself unbelievable tekkers doesnt exactly get a lot of goals.Still as I said earlier I wish Knaphill well.Looking at a tweet from the Knaphill official Twiiter on Saturday I think it's clear why the lad didnt feature yesterday.Lets draw a line under this now and move on.I shall be in attendance for the match against Ash on Saturday.

Apologies if I have offended the lad,it was my opinion based on games I saw last season and nothing personal.I could have picked on any number of players,like you for example who for someone calling themself unbelievable tekkers doesnt exactly get a lot of goals.Still as I said earlier I wish Knaphill well.Looking at a tweet from the Knaphill official Twiiter on Saturday I think it's clear why the lad didnt feature yesterday.Lets draw a line under this now and move on.I shall be in attendance for the match against Ash on Saturday.

Think you need to watch soccer am on a sat morning to know what unbelievable tekkers is

It's skill not goals and he has some skill the boy

Buy the way not a pop!!!!!

Edited by BIG ANT

Monday was the 1st game I have watched this season and I have to say that after all the hype pre-season and posts on Twitter, I was expecting a lot more from Knaphill. However I think that a little more credit needs to go to a very organised and effective Frimley side who on the day were streets ahead of the home side. Whilst Knaphill didn’t do themselves any favours with their defending at times, Frimley looked very purposeful, knew what they were doing and threatened every time they went forward. Most of the goals were taken brilliantly, the poor Knaphill keeper had no chance and I hope for his sake he gets a little more help in future games. I thought the Frimley midfield were far superior on the day and their dominance helped control and win them the game. I thought that a couple of the Frimley back 4 looked as though they could easily be rattled, and some of the petulance shown, whilst cruising to an easy win was just bizarre.

I didn’t think that Knaphill ever really looked like taking it up a level to really threaten and apart from a good early chance when a low cross should have been converted, I don’t remember them putting anything of any note together. You can see that they want to play and build the play up through the side, but there was little creativity from the wide players and little support for the forwards through the middle of the park. I know that people have been saying on here that forwards are needed and that may be the case (I don’t really know any of the players down there), but from watching on Monday I would be more concerned about the lack of spark and chances being created.

I know I have only seen the one game but on that showing and from their improvement at the end of last season, if Frimley are able to keep the side they had Monday then I wouldn’t want to bet against them!

Fair comments bailer and as a Knaphill player I would agree with you. Milf Hunter I don't think you need to apologise as its a forum and it's your opinion, I think it was just the way you've described Matt as a truly horrific player, which some people would find harsh. Of your there Saturday it would be nice if ya make yourself known so id could by a beer for ya!

matt ward was at sports a couple of seasons ago where he started as a cb but to me doesnt like heading a ball he was then moved to fullback where i thought hes a decent player at that time sports were top of the league ! you dont play for bedfont town if your a poor player also .

i also think he has an attitude good or bad who cares you take that away from a player there not the same person an lose a cutting edge!

I wasn't at the game yesterday. From what I've heard, Sheerwater deserved their victory and we need to get back to the type of performance we put in against AFC Croydon Athletic on Saturday.

All credit to Sheerwater though, they always seem to give us a decent game at home and hopefully this result will kick start their season.

That's fair im a big believer in playing. The best 11 players you have to pick from, all I'm saying if. You have someone that you say. Is arguably one of the best. Defenders in the league at this level you have to start him, if you think having him on the pitch would or could have altered the outcome of yesterdays game even if it meant you didn't concede as many then ur managers doing wrong by the team. Especially if you see yourselves as a top 5 side...fair?

I see where your coming from Benny, I know we lost to MV but we were pretty solids at the back and I think it would of been unfair on 1 of the defenders to of been dropped for Matt as he never played. I understand what your saying in you should play your best 11 but I still thought we would of been strong enough to get a result yesterday against Frimley.

Ha ha ha and there was this Ellers bloke telling us all how to manage and then this happens well being a manager for the vast majority is more about dealing with losing than it is winning only very few will cope with it though,now always the sinic that I am but are you sure there isn't a bit of player power going on at Knaphill if I were you lot I would take on board what some seriously experienced people are telling you,I told you before there is no substitute for hard work at this level