Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

Wasn't there an issue with the Blue Square League as I heard the Sutton United Press Officer saying on Radio Marsden recently that they'd like to install one but couldn't get sanction for it.

This was discussed on NLM recently in light of Maidstone United's climb back up the pyramid. In the past the Conference wouldn't allow them but now every league in the National League System from the Conference down to step 6 has the same standardised rules (there are a couple of ammendments individual leagues can make but not many). As I said, the FA have specifically stated they're acceptable at all levels of the non-league pyramid now.

The actual wording is:

"THIRD GENERATION FOOTBALL TURF PITCHES (Artificial Grass)

It has been agreed that matches for steps 1 – 6 of the football pyramid from next season may be played on Football Turf pitches that conform to the FIFA 1 star standard, or the equivalent International Artificial Turf Standard (IATS)"

The wording in each league's set of rules says "Competition matches shall NOT be played on any synthetic or artificial grass surfaces without the prior written approval of the Board." Some people on forums are picking this sentance out of the Conference's rules and thinking it means they're not allowed (maybe the capital 'NOT' is causing this) but leagues like the Isthmian that has teams with 3G pitches in it have the same wording, as does the CCL. It just means you need written permission first.

A lot of people still haven't got their heads around the fact that the FA make the rules for leagues in the pyramid now, not the leagues nor the clubs at the AGM. And they forget rules do change over time.

Edited by VPCTFC

Surely if a 3g pitch is good enough for International Football and for Champions League then it should be good enough for Combined Countes League?

You'd think so wouldn't you. Maybe if the "right" CCL team asked the league.

You'd think so wouldn't you. Maybe if the "right" CCL team asked the league.

Have you not read any of the above? I realise it was long winded so you may not have read it all but the FA have said they're allowed. That's all that matters. The leagues don't make league rules any more.

I know I can say too much at times so maybe people skip over things.

Edited by VPCTFC

According to the GFC website the team is due to play two games at home that weekend, -on Friday 1 March versus Epsom & Ewell and again on Sunday 3 March versus Cove with Egham on the previous Tuesday (26 Feb) so surely the two weekend home games have to be re-arranged?

According to the GFC website the team is due to play two games at home that weekend, -on Friday 1 March versus Epsom & Ewell and again on Sunday 3 March versus Cove with Egham on the previous Tuesday (26 Feb) so surely the two weekend home games have to be re-arranged?

Without doubt

Then again we need the league to continue don't canx them

........and in todays local paper Tony Vance again said that the priority is the league and not the Vase,- so maybe 3 games in three days????

That would test squad depth and the playing surface.

I am no pitch expert but three games in three days at Footes Lane looks improbable

Back to the 3g. I dont know how Maidstone work it ut most 3G pitches in our local area, not enough of them by the way SHBC time for you to pull your socks up, have lines all over them for the chance to hire them out.

Would one in our league just be allowed to have the main 11 a side lines and people would have to make do with cones to seperate them when you hire it out in thirds ?

Back to the 3g. I dont know how Maidstone work it ut most 3G pitches in our local area, not enough of them by the way SHBC time for you to pull your socks up, have lines all over them for the chance to hire them out.

Would one in our league just be allowed to have the main 11 a side lines and people would have to make do with cones to seperate them when you hire it out in thirds ?

Just use different colours Kroons ! Good to meet you yesterday.

You lot do make me laugh when I suggested 3G pitches were the way forward you all made light of it now you are talking as if you've had a brainwave you bunch of Kents,we train on the 3G down the Queens Rd in Aldershot and it is great I can't understand what all the fuss is about and why some people are aposed to them.

........and in todays local paper Tony Vance again said that the priority is the league and not the Vase,- so maybe 3 games in three days????

That would test squad depth and the playing surface.

I am no pitch expert but three games in three days at Footes Lane looks improbable

It is alleged this has already been discussed at League Management level.

Mind games a la Ferguson from Vance,The League should rearrange both League Fixtures,so as to give Guernsey the best chance of Winning their Vase game.A total no brainer in my opinion.Always next season to Win the League,a possible trip to a FA Vase final at Wembley,could be a chance in a lifetime for the GREEN LIONS.

Having seen the states of the pitches at the Stade De France and Lansdowne Road this weekend, I am firmly behind anything that benefits the standard of sports pitches!