Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

You'll be in the Ryman League HKP - they probably wont agree to midweek island based fixtures

Long way to go before then, 10 games behind the leaders...

As far as knew there is not a agreement cast in stone, more of an agreement that matches mid-week in Guernsey was to be avoided if at all possible. Personally, I think that for this season it is now reality if the games are to be played here. As for other seasons, we were fine last season but the Vase run and also the obvious serious situation witn Footes Lane has been more of a headache then most could have imagined.

Edited by HKP

This was discussed on NLM recently in light of Maidstone United's climb back up the pyramid. In the past the Conference wouldn't allow them but now every league in the National League System from the Conference down to step 6 has the same standardised rules (there are a couple of ammendments individual leagues can make but not many). As I said, the FA have specifically stated they're acceptable at all levels of the non-league pyramid now.

The actual wording is:

"THIRD GENERATION FOOTBALL TURF PITCHES (Artificial Grass)

It has been agreed that matches for steps 1 – 6 of the football pyramid from next season may be played on Football Turf pitches that conform to the FIFA 1 star standard, or the equivalent International Artificial Turf Standard (IATS)"

The wording in each league's set of rules says "Competition matches shall NOT be played on any synthetic or artificial grass surfaces without the prior written approval of the Board." Some people on forums are picking this sentance out of the Conference's rules and thinking it means they're not allowed (maybe the capital 'NOT' is causing this) but leagues like the Isthmian that has teams with 3G pitches in it have the same wording, as does the CCL. It just means you need written permission first.

A lot of people still haven't got their heads around the fact that the FA make the rules for leagues in the pyramid now, not the leagues nor the clubs at the AGM. And they forget rules do change over time.

BS Conference rule

24. PLAYING SURFACES

Competition matches shall NOT be played on any synthetic or artificial grass surfaces without the prior written approval of the Board.

As far as knew there is not a agreement cast in stone, more of an agreement that matches mid-week in Guernsey was to be avoided if at all possible. Personally, I think that for this season it is now reality if the games are to be played here. As for other seasons, we were fine last season but the Vase run and also the obvious serious situation witn Footes Lane has been more of a headache then most could have imagined.

I agree with some but there is 8 more fixtures in the league plus a vase run, the weather has been rubbish and its something we cant control a big lesson learnt this season and an experience for all to make sure does not happen next season i.e more fixtures in the early part of the season..........

Guernsey have no game next week why don't they try to arrange to bring a game forward such as Epsom or Windsor again just a suggestion?

Agreed, but didn't the FIxtures Secretary say that they were not keen on arranging fixtures at short notice? Every oppurtunity to get a game needs to be taken.

Guv think you'll find it's half term meaning full flights although its a good shout

Hence why last weekend the GFC squad and supporters went on the Ferry and returned by Air.

Agree, has to be worth asking the question, probably already has.

Edited by HKP

Guernsey have no game next week why don't they try to arrange to bring a game forward such as Epsom or Windsor again just a suggestion?

I think I can safely speak for our club in saying that we would want at least three weeks notice before being forced to travel midweek. It's tough enough getting the players to be available as they've already had to book 2nd November and now 1st March as holiday, only to then switch when the games were off.

Now this is not Guernsey's fault, but it's not ours either and whilst I now fully expect us to have a midweek game, I also fully expect we'll get a fair bit of notice, especially as our match may well have something riding on it.

To answer an earlier question, I'm sure someone, maybe VPCTFC, put something on here regarding ann allowing of an extra week to 4th May and that games involving non-promotion sides could take place after 4th May but teams involved in the race must be finished by then so Guernsey fixtures will all need to be played by then, while say Chessington v Bedfont Sports to use two sides who aren't going up or down could be postponed if either of those two had to play Guernsey or South Park for example.

Realistically though, whilst it's a lot of games, we have had similar situations in the past and actually had to play Sat, Sun, Tues, Weds, Thurs and Sat for two weeks in a row back in 2000/01. It's easy to get them played if you accept that there will be some inconvenience that comes with a longer than usual midweek trip, which we are all going to have to prepare for.

So if Guernsey had to play four home games in the final week, then as long as teams get reasonable notice of this it can be done. For the visiting teams, it makes no real difference whether it is a Monday, Tuesday or any other day in the week as long as they are informed in good time.

Effectively, midweek fixtures on the island are the solution to the forum question. It's not the answer we all wanted, but after 44 pages I think we knew that there wasn't going to be a perfect solution! With that Vase draw though, the real losers here may be the teams who are due to go there on the days planned for the Semi-Finals, Hartley Wintney and Farnham Town. They will probably have less notice than the rest of us as I think Guernsey can go all the way if they avoid Spennymoor now.

To answer an earlier question, I'm sure someone, maybe VPCTFC, put something on here regarding ann allowing of an extra week to 4th May and that games involving non-promotion sides could take place after 4th May but teams involved in the race must be finished by then so Guernsey fixtures will all need to be played by then, while say Chessington v Bedfont Sports to use two sides who aren't going up or down could be postponed if either of those two had to play Guernsey or South Park for example.

This was the point I was trying to make earlier. I'm sure lazarus has already drawn up some plans as I think it's getting more and more likely that those clubs not going up or down are going to find their games de-prioritised.

This was the point I was trying to make earlier. I'm sure lazarus has already drawn up some plans as I think it's getting more and more likely that those clubs not going up or down are going to find their games de-prioritised.

Seems very logical.................. Hopefully there will be an update soon

The above few posts shows how you have all capitulised.Has Hanworths Vase game not been switched because their opponents pitch is unplayable.When will Footes Lane be fit for purpose.Why should any team be treated any different to any other,because that is what you are leading too,E&E Fred wants at least a months notice.Fairest way is 1st game off gets first available slot,whatever their League position.

Apparently something is now being done at Footes Lane with regard to machines being brought in to get rid of the water as a short term solution. Can read more on ormering.com

Smudge, rules are different for the Vase compared to the League as well you know. League and the FA can only act within their own rules. Perhaps other clubs should also have their home games moved then?